Canon Fodder

• April 28, 2024, 12:06:38 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 37   Go Down

Author Topic: Crazy Quotes - Continued  (Read 99526 times)

mrlddragon

Re: Crazy Quotes - Continued
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2008, 03:57:00 PM »

"howdy, there's some doody"

Gex in the western level of "Gex 3"

Fox

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2008, 05:35:00 PM »

I just got to that level recently. XD He had some weird missions. o.O

Van Helsing....I saw that, once. I think Underworld was neater..but there again, a lot of werewolf/vampire movies are kind of..meh..to me. So far, I haven't seen a werewolf movie I liked. The vampire ones are.....kinda sorta okay. Bleh. I guess I just prefer aliens over supernatural stuff like that.

Faith

« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2008, 09:27:00 AM »

Ohh! I just remembered what movie Dragyn was talking about. ^_^
Actually, now that I think about it, I saw both of them. (That and Underworld.)
Haha! For once I know what you guys are talking about!   ;D
Okay, so I know, sometimes... just rarely.

However... what's Gex?   :P

"If it's sent by ship then it's a cargo, if it's sent by roaf9d then it's a shipment."
- Anonymous
Ya've gotta' admit that's weird.   :P  

Fox

« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2008, 09:30:00 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gex_3

Not sure how much more detailed I can explain it, myself. XP (I still think Gex & Darkened Skye was funnier than Portal....)

Dragyn

« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2008, 10:16:00 AM »

Hmmm...I can't judge that, as I've never played any of the games you listed.

I only ever saw Underworld: Evolution, and hated it, so I'll probably never watch the first.  I didn't care much for the whole Vampire/Werewolf thing in Van Helsing, but it beat the few others of the genre I've seen.

Faith

« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2008, 03:46:00 AM »

Wait, there's a sequel... O.o
Okay, ya' lost me... >.<
So much for knowing what you guys're talking about.   :P

I think most werewolf movies have bad animation... or at least the ones I see, 'cuz their werewolves generally look... well, odd, most of the time. Maybe most people just find werewolves hard to portray... dunno'.
I don't remember a whole lot about those movies, though (my sister had to remind me of them... at first I thought Van Helsing was some sort of singer... really, I don't pay that much attention to the movies my family brings home! What does Van Helsing mean, anyway?...)

Fox

« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2008, 08:14:00 AM »

And that's my biggest annoyance toward werewolf movies. >.< Underworld: Evolution was by far the worst portrayal ever of a werewolf. They just looked like rejected high school mascots. >.<

I guess people just find the whole "bitten by wolf, change during the full moon & eat a few people" kind of cheesey nowadays..but really..that's what makes it good. (I mean..they're making a new Creature from the Black Lagoon, for cripe's sake...I think they can at least make a decent werewolf movie!)

mrlddragon

« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2008, 10:39:00 AM »

yeah, that would be nice... i've seen people do some really good were-wolfs, but it's just random drawings. if someone could get an animated film out at least, or use CGI were-wolfs, i think it would make a good movie

allicat

« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2008, 02:14:00 PM »

'Well behaved women never make history.'

'Like many women my age, I am 28.'

Nothing says 'oops' like a wall of flame

Never say 'oops'. Always say 'ah... interesting.

Fox

« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2008, 02:42:00 PM »

I've heard that first quote before.....and just recently, too. D= What was it from?

Faith

« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2008, 02:20:00 PM »

Heh.   ;D

I don't know, but I've heard it repeated for months, now... >.<

Yeah, the whole werewolf thing gets aggravating in movies for that reason (the rejected mascots bit made me laugh, though.   ;D  )
I've seen some terrible movies like that... especially the old ones... I know they didn't have a lot to work with, back then, but I kinda want to burn all of those movies... really badly...
And I think it's rather odd, but it's very agreeable that people who just draw them can make these really neat werewolves, but the ones in the movies... well, I haven't seen many good werewolf movies... >.<

Like, Dragyn makes really neat werewolves, for example, but I don't see any in movies that look like that. I actually thought about that, earlier, when I started seeing Dragyn's drawings... strange to be talking about it, now...

allicat

« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2008, 03:57:00 PM »

I've heard that first quote before.....and just recently, too. D= What was it from?

Laurel Thatcher Ulrich said the quote, I just don't know why.

allicat

« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2008, 03:59:00 PM »

That was 4 fox, btw. (PS. BTW= by the way. I decided I would explain that now so nobody would be confused.)

Fox

« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2008, 07:02:00 PM »

'Twas in a movie I saw recently, though. I guess Faith has a point..it's been used so many times, it could be anything. XD I think it was a movie, anyway......I dunno. o.O Maybe I just dreamed it. Sometimes I do things like that.

"I am smart! I am smart! S-M-R-T....I mean S-M-A-R-T!" ~ Homer Simpson

Dragyn

« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2008, 08:30:00 AM »

@ Allicat:  It's somewhat frowned upon to use numbers in place of letters/words.  the word "for" is only 3 letters, after all...

Hmm...I've seen most of those quotes you listed as bumper stickers.  Weird.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 37   Go Up