Canon Fodder

• March 28, 2024, 03:20:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The State of Things  (Read 4949 times)

Dragyn

• Bane of the Cosmos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Canon Fodder
The State of Things
« on: May 15, 2011, 04:22:54 AM »

Copied from the Canon Fodder main page/blog:
So, Felblood and I were talking, and came to a conclusion: Shadow Wolf needs backburnered.

Not stopped, mind, just set back to simmer.

Instead, we're working on making an updated version of Zombies (You all remember Zombies, right?) with multiplayer.

The reasons for this are multifold, but I'll delineate the major ones here:

First and foremost, Shadow Wolf is gonna' be a multiplayer game. As such, I need some practice programming networking interactions, and Zombies was simple enough it should be a good place to start.

Second, a lot of the code I'll be writing for Zombies 2 (That's a working title, btw) will also work for Shadow Wolf. Reusable libraries of code are awesome like that.

Third, I need a break. Not a break from coding, just a break from worrying about SW. This is to keep me from going insane. Shadow Wolf has become a much larger project than I expected (Yeah...the real world is like that).

This isn't to say I'll not be working on it at all. I'll probably still draw things for it when I can, so odds are production of SW won't even slow down that much.

If you have questions, comments, complaints or suggestions, I welcome them. That's what the forum is there for.

Dragyn

• Bane of the Cosmos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Canon Fodder
Re: The State of Things
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 11:27:53 PM »

Alright, now that I'm moderately reestablished in the real world, I feel ready to get back to work on SW. 

Starting immediately, I intend to start working on SW at least some every day, be it artwork or code.  My hope is that by posting this here, I will hold myself to it.

Let's do this!

Felblood

• Crazy Pirate
  • Pirate Moderator
  • The evolution will continue.
    • View Profile
Re: The State of Things
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 07:06:12 PM »

I got some sprite irons in the fire, but we need to rebuild our data transfer and backup protocols to deal with our new locations and life situations.
Pages: [1]   Go Up