Canon Fodder

• March 28, 2024, 05:18:36 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Character Discussion  (Read 7333 times)

Dragyn

Character Discussion
« on: March 02, 2009, 03:15:00 PM »

So...

Mostly, this is a place to discuss the characters.  Ask questions (though don't expect any spoilers, though a lot of these characters have info I'd be willing to part with, since it's not important to the plot).

For instance, Ceviel is dead, as stated in his cast page.  That's interesting, but it doesn't actually do anything in the plot.  

So...

Questions?  Ask away!

Darknes

Re: Character Discussion
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 04:51:00 PM »

how is someone "born dead" that seems little strange. and since when do the dead like music.

bloodreaper

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 08:03:00 AM »

Zombies know how to ROCK!

Fox

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 08:52:00 AM »

I get a sudden urge to sing "Some Kind of Zombie". >.>

Being born dead does seem a bit strange, but I'm not one to speak. Phantasma was born dead, and her father's been dead. How it works, I'm not sure..but in a world where anthropomorphic creatures are possible, I suppose anything can happen.

What I'm more curious about is...what's a faedrith?

Dragyn

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 01:51:00 PM »

I do believe Ceviel will be explaining those shortly...

Short form:  Faedrith = stillborn child + magic = semi-immortal, magical, walking dead.  I stole the idea from the Norse.  The Celtic/Irish equivalent would be an Alp.

The Norse had a really abnormal fear of stillborn children, and believed that you had to bury them very, very well, with a lot of religious mumbo-jumbo, or they'd get back up and start haunting people.

bloodreaper

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 08:51:00 PM »

Makes sense to me.

If you didn't have our modern understanding of how life, death and childbirth work (which is actually kind of sketchy) is there any reason for this idea to be particularly implausible?

Once you've accepted the possibility that improperly buried corpses can turn into zombies and vampires, then it's not much of a leap to declare that stillborn corpses are the worst kind.

Many tribal cultures have complex and fearful superstitions, regarding dead babies and orphaned infants.

I can see Ceviel playing Voltaire's Easy When You're Evil, but then I heard the song for the first time yesterday, and now it's stuck in my head. It's not the right instrument, and it's a bit more overt, but it has a similar vibe.

I expect his music is a bit more Symphony of the Night or Phantom of the Opera, but you have to admit it could be made to work in the location, if not the for the character.

Dragyn

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 03:12:00 PM »

I...haven't heard any of those songs.  Happen to have any links?

Well, I've heard the Phantom of the Opera, I guess, but that's it.

Yeah...I could see him playing that...

bloodreaper

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 03:49:00 PM »

The tone is a bit more exuberant than I would imagine for Ceviel, but that classy, classical vibe is spot on.

Faith

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 06:42:00 PM »

Heh.   :D

This sounds like a good conversation...
And that sounds like some really neat information. Heh.
The Norse had all sorts of interesting beliefs and the like... heh. Fun stuff. I have no clue about enough of it to be satisfied. XD

Well, I thought it sounded cool. ^-^

Okay, so there couldn't be much of a definite number on his age with how he ages. But, generalized, about how old is he in a way that's not so technical? (Early/mid/late teens?)

Dragyn

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 03:27:00 PM »

He's probably early teens.

I don't really know, though...and then there's the whole "can reverse aging" thing...

Faith

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2009, 05:16:00 PM »

He can?
Thought you only said he could age if he chose to. Heh. That adds some fun stuff.
Oh, you could get away with so many things, with that... XD

Okay, age still on an iffy basis and all, about how long ago was he "born" in generalized terms? Within the last century? Two centuries? Three about? Six?
Are there any more characters like that?

Dragyn

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 07:40:00 PM »

Hmmm...

Those ones should actually turn up in the comic.  

Faith

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2009, 08:09:00 PM »

:P

Oh, that sounds familiar. XD
Yet another one of my unanswerable questions...

Heh.

Hey, ya' know how you told me what that song was?
Maybe you could put up a link up, or imbed it, or something, so other people could play it and know what the song was, also.
I don't know if you would want to do that, but it would be neat, I think. Heh. Then they'd know that those notes weren't just random, or something.

Dragyn

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 07:58:00 AM »

Hmm...

Here's as good as anyplace, actually.

The notes seen in Page 19 of Pending Else are the opening notes of Enter Ceviel.  You can find the music on the Music page on Canon Fodder.
Pages: [1]   Go Up