Canon Fodder

• March 29, 2024, 12:12:21 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another overhaul  (Read 4973 times)

Dragyn

• Bane of the Cosmos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Canon Fodder
Another overhaul
« on: March 12, 2015, 10:42:44 AM »

As of right now, Shadow Wolf fails to compile with 255 errors.

This is what happens when you decide to completely overhaul the animation code you've been using, and remove the code that was already in place.

The majority of the work is done, but I'm in the middle of updating the characters and such to actually use the new code, hence the errors.

That said, when I finish updating everything I'll have a lot more freedom in how everything is animated, since I can now store frame lengths, hitboxes, and whether a given frame is an action frame inside the frame itself.

Dragyn

• Bane of the Cosmos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Canon Fodder
Re: Another overhaul
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 09:44:45 PM »

So, forgot to say anything here, but I have mostly finished the overhaul.  The code now compiles, and there are 0 errors.  There are (naturally) still bugs, and I'm trying to hunt down and repair all of those as I am able.

Most notable examples:

-For some reason, special/combo attacks that should fire bullets...don't.  The animation plays, but no shots are fired.

-Attacks no longer terminate if you jump or crouch while attacking, which borks the animations until you stand still and let a standing attack execute.  The code -looks- right to me, so I'm not sure yet why it's doing this.

That said, I do have the keyboardParser and the textChat functionality implemented again, so hopefully I'll have more interesting stuff to report soon!
Pages: [1]   Go Up