Canon Fodder

• April 26, 2024, 02:05:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Character Concepts/Art  (Read 6824 times)

Faith

• View Profile
Character Concepts/Art
« on: December 28, 2011, 12:43:44 PM »

I feel kinda' awful that I haven't really followed up with my offer to do the robotic dog's art. >.<
I was just wondering, though, where Shadow Wolf was at and what everyone's doing, now...
I don't think I've seen much communication between the two main makers of this game, lately...
So...
What's going on, now? :P

Should I go ahead and redraw the dog (since I lost the original concept piece I draw and liked... somewhere... haha... I blame moving.)
If so, are there any suggestions/requests for how that's done?
Dragyn was talking about how, at higher levels, maybe it should have the ability to shoot fire. He said something about a canon from it's chest. But I was making a slightly different-looking concept than he had originally thought, I guess (more skeletal-like). He seemed to like it, but it looks a little lighter than something with a chest-cannon should, I think. :P
So maybe it should shoot fire from it's mouth, or something?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 12:47:15 PM by Faith »
"Art is only perception. Simple sounds, matter and actions may become great art, while great art may be only simple sounds, matter and actions."

Felblood

• Crazy Pirate
  • Pirate Moderator
  • The evolution will continue.
    • View Profile
Re: Character Concepts/Art
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 08:56:17 PM »

I got a job and a girlfriend, so time is tighter than it was before.

Plus my computer dies, and while most of our work was backed up on DW's machine, I lost all my works in progress. I had daily backup software, but I never used it.

So that's why it seems like it's been a long time since I posted any news about new sprites.

Faith

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 05:14:42 AM »

Yeah. I figured on the job and girlfriend thing, and wondered about the dead computer. :P
It's understandable. I jus' figured I'd poke and see on the forum, here, where both you and Dragyn could see/talk about it.
"Art is only perception. Simple sounds, matter and actions may become great art, while great art may be only simple sounds, matter and actions."

Dragyn

• Bane of the Cosmos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Canon Fodder
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 10:43:33 AM »

I've stopped actively working at SW itself.  I've realized that I don't want to get too far into the engine, until I have a better grasp of netcoding, or I'll just be rewriting the whole thing (again) to allow for non-local multiplayer.

That said, I'm at something of a standstill with my networking experiments, due to the relatively limited number of computers I have at my disposal.  I really need to start using both computers for that whenever I get the chance.

Felblood

• Crazy Pirate
  • Pirate Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 11:59:54 AM »

Yes our netcode-fu is pretty weak, so we've been spending most of our code time of separate
 projects that are mostly just an excuse to play with network sockets.

Felblood

• Crazy Pirate
  • Pirate Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 07:22:47 PM »

FWI this is old news.

SW is finaly back in production after months of hiatus.

I live in a different state now, due to work and marirage and all that kind of stuff, so logistics and communication are harder than before, but we're getting back on track.

Dragyn

• Bane of the Cosmos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Canon Fodder
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2012, 11:18:30 PM »

Current plan is the get some of the level designs worked out, so what I'll probably be making next is backgrounds and prop objects, art-wise. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up