Canon Fodder

• April 27, 2024, 11:31:28 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: What have you been playing?  (Read 21215 times)

Dragyn

• Bane of the Cosmos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Canon Fodder
Re: What have you been playing?
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2011, 10:49:08 PM »

Quote from: Felblood
How am I supposed to teach myself more video editing techniques, like this?

You must give into the dark side.  You have been given the necessary ingredients.

You Know What Must Be Done.

Faith

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2011, 10:04:38 PM »

... O.o
I feel mildly responsible for this terribly depressing tangent. XP
Yeah, it stinks to be like that in a non-medicated way, too... but then you giggle at something stupid and the world seems slightly better for just a moment.
:P
(Secret to happiness: slap on an idiotic grin and giggle dumbly at EVERYTHING. Or, ya' know... that cheesy saying that they stick on every conceivable surface these days. Live, laugh, leprechauns... or something like that. I think I like my version better. But I don't know... there's just something about those leprechauns... O.o Okay, well, whatever works for you... but you'd better be laughing hysterically/stupidly/manically, or whatever works for you, when you go!)

And hey, we're actually talking about something I'll know a tiny portion about!!! :D
I've been sort of playing Skyrim... sometimes. Mostly when I get home and no one else is here and I don't feel like being productive.
In the last week or so, I think I traveled to one or two other cities. And I took everything they would let me have. XD XP
This sounds scoffable, I know, but in the two times I did this (someone deleted my first character... *cough cough, Dragyn...* O.< ) I learned how to walk in straight lines, which was NO LAUGHING MATTER.
(Only that contradicts my secret to happiness. D: Perhaps you should laugh, just to be safe. You would have, anyway, if you were there. XP )
"Art is only perception. Simple sounds, matter and actions may become great art, while great art may be only simple sounds, matter and actions."

Dragyn

• Bane of the Cosmos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Canon Fodder
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2011, 12:02:10 AM »

Remember, mugging leprechauns is totally legal.
(That's a pretty good book, by the way.)

Yeah, Skyrim is a fascinating game.  I've already beaten the main plotline, but I keep going back and playing it more, anyway.

Faith

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2011, 06:27:39 PM »

I misspelled maniacally... :P

AND you keep laughing at my failures in coordination. XP
"Art is only perception. Simple sounds, matter and actions may become great art, while great art may be only simple sounds, matter and actions."

Felblood

• Crazy Pirate
  • Pirate Moderator
  • The evolution will continue.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2012, 07:39:44 PM »

I'm playing NetHack again.

I become obsessed with this game for a few weeks every year or so, but this year it hooked me deep.

I started work on a roguelike engine of my own.

I have no idea what AI or LOS system I'm going to use, but the interface will probably be noun>verb and projectiles are planned to be octodirectional. The turn scheduler will be cyclic.

Dragyn

• Bane of the Cosmos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Canon Fodder
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2012, 04:52:19 PM »

Hmm...you'll have to keep me posted on that, Blood.

Felblood

• Crazy Pirate
  • Pirate Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2012, 09:28:35 PM »

When I announced this project, I was overrun by an angry horde demanding "What about that new D&D campaign you promised us!"

So now my project is on slow burn while I prepare to TPK some PCs in a house haunted by the things their players fear most.

Restrict my creative impulse at your own peril.

Not that this means that I don't have a part of my brain that thinks about turn scheduler architecture all day, while I'm at work.

It's a decision I'll have to make fairly early, once I have the rest of the data structures and the dummy interface implemented, but it has far reaching impacts I can't hope to fully anticipate.

How many ticks should be on each rotation, and how many ticks delay should be the base?

Too many and time uses memeory inefficiently, and small delay adjustments have no real impact. Too little and time uses the CPU inefficiently and I even small boni or penalties can have excessive impact.

Faith

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2012, 01:53:24 PM »

Haha, we weren't trying to prevent you from accomplishing anything else, we were just making sure you remembered/were trying... XD XP

Haha, hope you figure that one out. I'm afraid I'mpersonally no help in problems that must be referred to in your game speak. :P

Felblood

• Crazy Pirate
  • Pirate Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2012, 07:01:34 PM »

Saints Row III (Gonzo fun, but not for the easily offended)
Nethack (respect the classics philistine!)
Slashem (gotta keep it fresh)
Darksiders (been meaning to try this)
Legend of Grimrock (A clear spiritual successor to Wizardry and Eye of the Beholder with a modernized GUI and sleek puzzle mechanics)

Dragyn

• Bane of the Cosmos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Canon Fodder
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2012, 02:21:35 PM »

My latest obsession was Borderlands 2.  It somehow didn't feel as smooth as its predecessor, but wasn't a bad game, just not one that was impressing me as much as I thought it should.  Between that and Castle Crashers, I haven't really played many other games lately.

Felblood

• Crazy Pirate
  • Pirate Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2012, 12:51:50 PM »

I really want to change my Slash'em tileset, but the syntax for regular nethack doesn't seem to work (or maybe I can't use that setting with PNG tiles?)

Looking up how to make this simple settings change would be easy for any other game, but nethack related websearches literally return over 40 years of outdated documentation and internet memes, archived in old formats I was glad I could forget how to read.

punk_fur

• life is my party
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2012, 08:38:26 PM »

i feel like a n00b in MW3 'cause I don't have any good gun classes yet.
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind.

The outcome is the balance of might and right.

Ryan_Galen

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2013, 07:23:34 PM »

Player has been playing Guild Wars 2. ...a lot. I'm his main at level 80, and he has three other 80s, working on a fifth. He still needs to complete the story, but he'll get around to it eventually.

He'd recommend the game to everyone. So if you are considering an MMO you only need to pay the price of your standard computer game to play, go ahead and ask him some questions.

punk_fur

• life is my party
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2013, 07:32:13 PM »

i'll check it out when I have some time, sounds like fun.
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind.

The outcome is the balance of might and right.

Dragyn

• Bane of the Cosmos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Canon Fodder
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2013, 02:25:21 PM »

I often consider Guild Wars, but have never actually seen fit to play it.  I've been hearing a lot about it lately, but...I probably shouldn't give myself any other timesinks with which to distract myself. :P
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up