Canon Fodder

• April 23, 2024, 06:04:21 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Crazy Quotes  (Read 82913 times)

Faith

• View Profile
Re: Crazy Quotes
« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2011, 12:24:17 AM »

"It's like taking candy from a ninja..." XD
"Art is only perception. Simple sounds, matter and actions may become great art, while great art may be only simple sounds, matter and actions."

Dragyn

• Bane of the Cosmos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Canon Fodder
« Reply #121 on: November 03, 2011, 06:13:05 PM »

"My soul is made of candy."

Sorta' weird when placed right after the preceding quote...

Felblood

• Crazy Pirate
  • Pirate Moderator
  • The evolution will continue.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 04, 2011, 12:26:27 AM »

"Attack: The end is here! Azathoth destroys the world."

I bought a boardgame called "Arkham Horror"; I feel like I got my money's worth.

Madjack

• Fools! They called me maaaad!
    • View Profile
    • Jathemon
« Reply #123 on: November 05, 2011, 10:13:38 PM »

Original characters are not as exploitable as your friends and family might think they are. They tend to take a life of their own and when other people suggest they do stuff you know they wouldn't, it can be hard to explain the why.
Quote by Andrew Dobson, that I wholeheartedly agree with. It's hard to explain to people why you can't just draw your character doing whatever you want them to do; to explain to them that you treat them more as a real person, than a puppet in your own little world. My characters have their own lives and personalities....it's just difficult to explain it, without people thinking you're crazy, sometimes.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 10:15:17 PM by Madjack »

Dragyn

• Bane of the Cosmos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Canon Fodder
« Reply #124 on: November 10, 2011, 07:03:11 PM »

"Hey, you turned out the lights!  Oh wait, that was me."

Faith

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 10, 2011, 09:38:00 PM »

You actually put that on here? XD XP
Ah, well... :P

Anyway... interesting conversations show up on DA when someone uploads pictures of taxidermy... XD

~Skyla-The-Dragoness 11 hours ago
Why do people care about taxidermy? When the animal dies we just don't waste it.

~RaptorAnton 10 hours ago
How about not wasting YOU after your death? Let's wipe your entrails and make sausages out of them, use your bones and hair to make nice bone-hair key chains painted, I don't know, with your own blood (we aren't going to let a single piece of you to be "wasted" right?). Let's also make a stylish goblet out of your hands and scull. And then will make a drum out of your skin, to play you a mortuary march, you sick idiot.

~Ashora123 8 hours ago
I dunno, I kinda find it totally awesome to be made into a drum. :P

~RaptorAnton 8 hours ago
Then put it into you last will.

~Ashora123 8 hours ago
Oh possibly I shall.

~Fayth39 Moments ago
I don't know. I think the stylish goblet might be the way to go. XD

Really, though, that goblet would be awesome. XD
"Art is only perception. Simple sounds, matter and actions may become great art, while great art may be only simple sounds, matter and actions."

Felblood

• Crazy Pirate
  • Pirate Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 11, 2011, 12:27:37 PM »

I'm seriously considering donating my body to medical science, but I don't think my parents would feel comfortable with it, and I wouldn't want to compound their grief.

Felblood

• Crazy Pirate
  • Pirate Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 11, 2011, 03:36:39 PM »

"So I turned him into a dog, and flew away."

Madjack

• Fools! They called me maaaad!
    • View Profile
    • Jathemon
« Reply #128 on: November 11, 2011, 05:27:39 PM »

~RaptorAnton 10 hours ago
How about not wasting YOU after your death? Let's wipe your entrails and make sausages out of them, use your bones and hair to make nice bone-hair key chains painted, I don't know, with your own blood (we aren't going to let a single piece of you to be "wasted" right?). Let's also make a stylish goblet out of your hands and scull. And then will make a drum out of your skin, to play you a mortuary march, you sick idiot.

Don't some cultures actually do that?

Felblood

• Crazy Pirate
  • Pirate Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 12, 2011, 02:00:21 AM »

Does anyone expect such a narrow mind to the broad range of funerary traditions in the world, even today?

Faith

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 12, 2011, 10:15:42 PM »

Hahaha. XD
Some cultures think that sort of thing is totally okay. Others believe it is best to chop up their dead into bite-sized vulture treats and then ground up their bones to make it into something more edible/appetizing for the birds as well--nothing left behind! (Certainly would save a lot of otherwise useful dirt if we didn't have to have everybody in a bit of ground set aside just for them...)
But some people are oddly sensitive about that sort of thing. *Shrug*

Personally, dead is dead and a body doesn't do a dead man (or woman) any good, I think. I would probably prefer my body not be handled much after I die, if I have any say in it... I'll probably not care much then, but it just seems sort of weird that I would spend my entire life self-conscious and trying to conceal myself and hide everything... only to have people deal with it like it doesn't matter anymore afterward. Also, I don't want THAT to be the memory left behind (specially if I'm 90 or something). XD XP

Honestly, though, I wish that burial of the dead was still left to the family or the deceased and more personal. I think I'd like to be set on a raft and cremated on the water, and heck, I'd even think it was good to be buried if I could just be buried under the tree with the dogs on that hill over my parent's house or something... (just not a cemetery; it seems like a jailhouse or a city/apartment complex for bodies. So impersonal. O.o )
Or maybe under an apple tree, so I could laugh at people eating those apples when I'm good and gone. XD XP

Really though... my Grandpa couldn't be buried the way he wanted because it wasn't legal. He said he wanted to be laid under the sky and to let the animals carry him away, back to where he came from... and he and my Grandma had a hundred acres or some odd such, so there would've been plenty of space to do that away from others, so they wouldn't be horrified by the sight of some body. But it's wasn't legal. Ah, well... so much for rights. Our veterans can't even die the way they want to anymore.

Dragyn

• Bane of the Cosmos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Canon Fodder
« Reply #131 on: November 12, 2011, 11:28:06 PM »

"My dad's in court right now. :( "
"And I broke my leg.  :(
   Why is he in court?"
"He hit someone with his car by accident. I don't know who, though.  How did you break your leg?"
"Someone hit me with their car..."
"..."

-from http://www.smartphowned.com/view/Other/84171

Dragyn

• Bane of the Cosmos
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Canon Fodder
« Reply #132 on: November 18, 2011, 11:33:30 PM »

"I had a SCARY day! My son figured out how to open the dishwasher...got out a steak knife and STABBED MY DOG! I heard a YELP and GRRRr went to yell at Patch and there was my son with a knife in Patches butt...Patch bit the baby but nothing hard just had his arm in his mouth. Now Patch is bleeding and the baby is crying but he didn't have any marks just scared him....My poor puppy! But he is a good dog even with a knife in his butt he knew that was a baby and didnt hurt him.. More like HEY GET THAT OUT OF MY BUTT THAT HURTS!"

The worst part of this post on facebook, is that I can't "like" it, because that would just be weird.

Felblood

• Crazy Pirate
  • Pirate Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 20, 2011, 12:33:19 AM »

That's beautiful!

I don't know what it is, and it's hideous,

but it's beautiful.

Faith

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 20, 2011, 08:32:41 PM »

I am making a speech and, as an attention-getter, I've been pondering working in a small game... it'd be fun and tie into my speech really well. But I can't seem to think of any good ones, because there are too many issues with them... like they're not always very fun/funny, they might be confusing or the time constraints don't really get along...
(Really, if anyone can think of any suggestions, that would be fantastic. XD )

But I was poking around at classroom games and found this pretty funny. :P

"Most of my kids, 2nd-5th, love 20 questions. I have had some memorable words and reactions. One day the smartest kid was up in front with me (he never talked or cracked a smile). His word was toilet. One kid asked, 'Can you make music on it?' We looked at each other and almost passed out giggling."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Up