Canon Fodder

• March 29, 2024, 02:26:07 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Don't tell me!  (Read 15092 times)

bloodreaper

Don't tell me!
« on: October 01, 2008, 05:32:00 AM »

This comic forum has an unusual shortage of wild speculation.

One of the greatest amusements I get from these comic forums is the making and reading of ridiculous theories. Anything can happen in a comic, so everyone's theory is possible to some degree.

To that end, I have founded this speculation thread.

I know we won't get, and I certainly don't want, any confirmation or denial on these theories. They're best when they are based on the comic alone.

In fact, D, you might want to swear off reading this thread at all, so the response to getting a correct answer will always be "I knew it!" and not "You stole my idea!" People can be pretty possessive about their theories about your work, to the point that they sort of forget they were trying to guess what you would do.

I'll start with an easy one. That little house we just meanwhiled to contains a warrior, fit to challenge Mara's army.

Dragyn

Re: Don't tell me!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 03:11:00 PM »

If I ever reply to any of these, somebody tell me I did so, and throw me out of this thread.

Sound good?

Fox

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 03:35:00 PM »

Well....I just like to read theories on most forums..but since I'm a bit more social on this particular one, I might just throw some speculation out there, eventually. o=

As for now? Nothin'. So I'll stick to reading. :3

Faith

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 01:32:00 PM »

Heh. XD

Hm...
The shed is were the king'll be heading. But then that's too obvious...
I'm not sure about what's going on in the shed, but I know someone's at the least confronting Issac, soon.   :P
Hm... maybe Kheros... but I'm not really saying yes or no, to that. The back-story says he meets him, is all. Not when. Could be that they've already met, for all I know...
*Shrugs*
Someone's going to meet him there and be all odd, and then, later, someone's going to be all, "Hey, this is what's happening, and this is how you're involved." Whether it's the shack-dweller or not.
But who knows, maybe they'll just take him off, somewhere and he won't know what's going on.

As for the "what's happening..." I think Issac is somehow expected to have dealings with the legends and the Lady Mara. Perhaps he is the warrior, or perhaps he'll find, help or meet the warrior.
I have kind of a soft spot for Kheros, due to his past, now, so I almost want to say he should be the warrior and kick someone's behind. Ya' know, something heroic. It might be kinda bittersweet if he ends up assisting Issac, who in this case would be the warrior, and then later dies along the way, for the cause, or perhaps for Issac, the person who, in a sense, took his name and identity. Though personally I don't want him to die. However, that's what makes it bittersweet... I

I don't expect Kheros to die, over-all, for some reason. Who wants to kill such a cool character with so much depth in their back-story? But then deaths sometimes make a comic more interesting. If there aren't deaths or defeat for more than just the "bad guy" it can seem fake. People die in reality, after all. But I don't expect it to be Kheros. I don't even know if he's that big of a role in the comic, yet, or what part he plays. He's just one of the few I know, and I his history would make it dramatically ironic and very interesting if he ended up playing the part of Issac's assistant in lead or direction, tutor, maybe simply a giver of information, or something.

Something... is happening...
XD
Descriptive theory, eh?

Hm... this was a bit lenghtier than I expected it to be... and most of it was absolute nonsense.   ::)

bloodreaper

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 05:14:00 PM »

I don't think Kheros is the warrior to challenge Mara's goons.

His back story implies that his role is to protect the king or the castle, with his ... er ... unlife, if necessary.

Issac doesn't strike me as the warrior kind, but he's clearly important to the plot, and he's definably going to have to grow in some interesting directions, before this is over, so anything is possible for him.

I really expect him to be the guy whose only real power is being destined to lead the heroes to victory/inspire the armies/teach the real hero, but he might turn out to be the hero himself.

It all depends on who turns out to be inside that house.

As for the dying bit, I can put up with a fiction where only the redshirts die, so long as they don't keep threatening the heroes/ trying to make us think they killed them off, and expect us to worry the hundredth time it happens.

I been watching the original Gundam Wing. (You-tube has eaten my life.) After Episode 10, nobody dies. If you have a name, and you survive to the end of an episode, you're set. Throw-away villains and unnamed innocents can die, but only if they get killed in the same episode they're introduced in.

Your inexplicably volatile war-mech can explode in a blast that levels twenty city blocks, with you inside it, and a few episodes later, you'll crop back up, with nothing but a few new mental problems, to show for it.

The first time you do that, it's a twist; the second time, it's just stupid.

Faith

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 09:12:00 AM »

That's what I mentioned, earlier... but I still kinda almost wanted him to, like I said. I don't really know why.
It'd be good if he ended up protecting/helping or teaching Issac. I just think it seems somehow fitting seeing as he was once the prince, meant to be the king, and then here's Issac.

All I'm sure about is that we'll find out more about Issac when he goes to that shed. I'm near positive that's the shed the shop-keep mentioned.
As to whether or not he's the warrior-type... well, lots of stories have it to where the "warrior" starts unprepared, untaught or even incapable, though they improve on the way. Not saying he's gonna' be or anything, just a possibility. It just seems likely seeing as the story stays with or focuses on him, for the most part. But then that's just what's been read; it's not that far into the plot, yet.

*Snrk...*
I can imagine Dragyn laughing at this, as the plot of the story flies right over our heads... XD

Later...:

Well, whatever he is, he's "the unwilling."
So now I'm slightly confused.

bloodreaper

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 02:30:00 PM »

Could just mean that he's the Chosen One, whether he likes it or not.

Nobody ever wants to be the chosen one. Nobody who doesn't turn to the dark side.

Looking back, he does have more of a Belgarion/Frodo kind of vibe, as opposed to the Aragorn, Professor X or Gandalf types that I was thinking of him in.

My new prediction:

Kheros is in the shack, and he'll take Issac to his castle, and recruit him to lead the fight against Mara and he evil plot to do, ...whatever it is she's doing.

Faith

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 04:33:00 PM »

Yeah.
But I'm confused until it's proven. But that's expected. I tend to be confused... XD

But wasn't it that Kheros was the prince, then later was attacked and died and turned into a demon... and then Issac became the king? Now he is the king, running around in a pick-up, giving partial identity and going off to old, propped-up sheds.

But Kheros could be in the shack... I'm not sure. I just have lots of suspicions.   ;D

bloodreaper

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 09:24:00 AM »

I doubt Issac is aware that he's been made the king.

Faith

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 02:38:00 PM »

Hm...
That makes sense.
So "Unwilling" would be "Unwilling King..."

bloodreaper

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2008, 11:47:00 PM »

I also predict that, since Kheros is dead,

he is, in fact, a ghost, possessing a mass of blueberry Jell-O

...with cream (for color/opacity).

Faith

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2008, 07:17:00 PM »

*Snrk*

'Kay... now I'm hungry... V.V
But Kheros somehow doesn't seem that appetizing as an undead demon... XD

I know Kheros is dead.
But... I kinda hope he doesn't contain Jell-O.

bloodreaper

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2008, 12:42:00 AM »

The old man will lead him to the castle, where he will meet his jiggling, blueberry-flavored bodyguard.

Faith

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2008, 04:45:00 AM »

*Laugh!!!*   :D

You have to keep up with the Jell-O theory.   ;D

Every time I hear a person compared tp Jell-O... I think of Santa Clause... >.<
The children's myth has posioned my mind... O.o

bloodreaper

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2008, 04:07:00 AM »

Santa Claus poisons minds.

Tell your friends.

Kheros, Mara, Issac, and The Agent, will team up to battle Santa Claus.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up