Canon Fodder

• April 23, 2024, 08:15:31 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clutter  (Read 7756 times)

Poll Information

Clutter
« on: February 04, 2008, 01:59:00 PM »

Poll Question: What all should be deleted from the Forum Archives? (accessible data)
Anything that hasn't been replied to in '08:    ********************  (3 votes, 50%)
Everything.  Start over.:       (0 votes, 0%)
anything older than 5 months, minus the Art thread:       (0 votes, 0%)
Nothing.  Leave the mess.:    *************  (2 votes, 33.3%)
OTHER:  (specify):    ******  (1 vote, 16.6%)
Total Votes: 6
Total Voters: 5

Dragyn

Clutter
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 01:59:00 PM »

Alright, here's the deal:

A few people have complained about the clutter in the forum.  The archive is intact, as it stands, but it's getting difficult to navigate.

I intend to combine some little-used sections together, and I don't see any reason to keep other bits around at all.  So, then, the question is:

What all should I delete?

(Note:  If all goes well, I plan to start next month--votes before that will count, those after...probably will)

Fox

Re: Clutter
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 06:38:00 PM »

I voted other.

I don't see the point in deleting old posts, for archive purposes. I usually move them to an archive board viewable only by me as an admin. Things such as old, finished games, and other things of the sort. Maybe some things that got waaaaay off topic, or things people just flat-out lost interest in. Holidays, perhaps.

It's your forum, and I don't have much of a say in it..I'm just stating the things I do when it's time for Spring Cleaning on my forums.

Faith

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 05:50:00 AM »

*Laugh!!!*   :D

I like the so called "mess" because it's fun to reread and see how insane everything was, when I accidentaly wind up at the first page, or something...   :P

But, really, I shouldn't waste my time doing that... >.<

So... whatever's fine, it's up to you.

Dragyn

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 09:33:00 AM »

So wait;  you think I should move them to a hidden piece...

Hmm...I could just put some sort of "Old Stuff" part in, and put the older threads in there...

bloodreaper

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 09:32:00 AM »

Honestly, your site isn't that messy.

You don't have anywhere near enough stuff here to worry about deleting a bunch of it, unless you have a server space problem.

Poke your nose into TribalWar or another one of those huge old forums. Those guys have trouble keeping their threads organised and their archives pruned.

Faith

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 03:02:00 AM »

Why does it keep saying these old messages are new?

(I asked that, here, because it was the first topic that I wasn't the last to say something on....)   :P

bloodreaper

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 04:34:00 PM »

You know it's okay to start new threads right? There don't seem to be any rules about that here.

Faith

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2008, 06:54:00 PM »

I know. But my laziness is overpowering.

Dragyn

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 12:46:00 PM »

tsk.

Anyway, it'll say it's new if it's been changed recently, though it seems unreliable in noticing that, and it'll say something is new if something has been added since you last logged on.  Thing is, if you use multiple computers, it gets muddled, so it'll take you to the first page, rather than the new one.  Also, if whatever was posted gets deleted, it'll still tag it as new, since it's been changed.

It's not exactly smart, but it works alright, I think.

Faith

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 10:19:00 PM »

Heh.   ;D

I guess that works.   :)

Gryphor

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2008, 10:22:00 AM »

i think we should get ride of the older junk and leave the stuff that has been replied to
Pages: [1]   Go Up