Canon Fodder

• March 29, 2024, 08:42:21 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where the random goes...  (Read 23928 times)

Felblood

• Crazy Pirate
  • Pirate Moderator
  • The evolution will continue.
    • View Profile
Re: Where the random goes...
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2011, 12:08:47 AM »

how do you get your colors to pop like that?

Faith

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2011, 07:42:51 PM »

On that dragon chick?
You mean before or after I uploaded it?
It looks pretty close to like it does in person, there. Just not as smoothly/flowingly put together.
It's a real pain to get anything done on paper, in general, to show up correctly on the computer on account of the cruddy scanner at my disposal. :P
I thought I'd explained it in the picture description, but I guess I forgot. XD

I scanned in the original, and it wasn't pretty. It was all grainy and the shading and colors where very sad and pitiful. It annoys me so much when it does that, 'cuz I spend all this time trying to make good quality lines, colors, blending and shading... and then the scanner eats it ALL and spits it back out. O.o
So I put a very slight Gaussian blur on all of it in Paint.NET, and that deals with most of the graininess.
Then I made a duplicate layer and turned it off for a while as I upped the saturation on the bottom layer to make the colors look right. Do that with any colors to make them pop, no matter how dull they might've been in the first place. :P
Careful, though. Doing that too much make the colors choppy. It did that a little to mine, but I was just trying to make it look like the original, so it wasn't too bad.
Then I made the top layer visible and made it black and white, set it's mode to multiply and made it slightly more transparent to restore most of my shading.

Is that what you wanted to know?
"Art is only perception. Simple sounds, matter and actions may become great art, while great art may be only simple sounds, matter and actions."

Felblood

• Crazy Pirate
  • Pirate Moderator
  • The evolution will continue.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2011, 03:49:38 AM »

Brilliant.

You came to us as the student, but now you are the teacher.

Faith

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2011, 01:49:43 AM »

Well shucks... heh. ^-^
It's nice of you to say that, but I think I still can learn a lot from you guys, and it's made a real difference having a good, friendly bunch to get a little bit of feedback and positive critiquing from. :)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 02:57:20 PM by Faith »
"Art is only perception. Simple sounds, matter and actions may become great art, while great art may be only simple sounds, matter and actions."

Faith

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2011, 03:50:03 AM »

Oh, hey...
Horse.
Yeah. It's very fuzzy. I have a hard time with that, when it comes to digital art. :P
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up