Canon Fodder

• April 17, 2024, 09:34:45 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird lady  (Read 9390 times)

Faith

Weird lady
« on: November 30, 2006, 06:10:00 PM »

I know it looks bad, particularly around the mouth and nose area. I couldn't find my color pencils when I wanted to fix it, and I never got around to it.   ::)

Also the paper I drew it on was printer paper and it wrinkled pretty badly because I colored rather hard. Although it may have looked fine inside my house with our dim lighting, the scanner got every wrinkle in detail.   :P

Also her eyes are a little goofed up, not to symmetrical.   :)

Oh and I had the most "wonderful" time trying to get this thing posted! *cough cough, NOT!* I tried previewing it before I posted it and it would either show a little box with an X in the corner or nothing at all. I just thought it hadn't worked and when I posted it it only showed a blank space so I deleted it pretty quickly. I had the same thing happen this time, but I decided to wait and see if it would do anything different, it did!   ;D

I guess it was just to big to see in preview and took a longer time loading than I thought it would.   :)

I named it Weird lady because I couldn't think of what else to name it and I thought it looked pretty weird, so I called it what I thought of it, and I thought it was a weird lady, so here we are!
Well, what do you think?   :D

spookty

Re: Weird lady
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 06:45:00 PM »

Oh,it looks [kinda] real.Nice.

Faith

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 07:52:00 PM »

Thanks, I know she looks like she's made of butter and has been left out in the sun for a while, that the eyes are a little to brightly colored and she looks almost like her hair ate her lips, but any comment is a good one when it's honest, particularly when it's honest and a compliment.

As you can probably tell I'm not that sure it looks to good myself, but then I seem to never like what I draw so you really don't have to mind my rambling on about my art, it's generally just my long list of things to criticize about it!   ;D

Gryphor

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 06:00:00 AM »

i think the same as spookty...but i think it needs to be smaller because it takes a long time to load   :P  

Dragyn

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 10:27:00 AM »

You might consider resizing it.  I'd suggest making it about 500 pixels wide.  It'd load a lot faster.  (You also might want to compress it, but that tends to lose some detail.)

It looks good, though.  But you already know what I think.

Faith

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 06:38:00 PM »

I don't know how to resize it on here, though from now on I'll make anything this big or bigger smaller while it's still in paint.

Maybe later one day I'll resize this one... if I remember... someday...

Oh and thank you all for the compliments!   :D  I may criticize my art consistently, but I still enjoy other people's compliments, even if I'm not quite sure if I agree with them!   ;D

Dragyn

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2006, 03:39:00 PM »

You can't actually resize them, here.  You'd have to go resize it elsewhere, then modify your post to show the resized version instead.

Your work is actually pretty good.  No artist (myself included) thinks that their work is good.  Artists always seem to see the things wrong with their own work.

Gryphor

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2006, 03:59:00 PM »

You Know people always say there art is stupid    :'( or they cant draw worth dirt   [img]http://beastling.xepher.net/images/forum/ramjik.gif" alt=">:(" title=">:(" border="0"/>so they quit but the only people who cant draw are the ones that say they cant so if you say you cant you wont be able to do it just because they say they cant but if your just picking out your mistakes yull get better at it so you just keep that up and before you know it yull be great!!   8)

Faith

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2006, 01:27:00 PM »

Thank you, everyone!   :D  I know such nice people!   ;D

Dragyn

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2006, 04:50:00 PM »

Despite the lack of periods, Gryphor is absolutely right!

I think he heard that from me, though...

Faith

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2006, 05:43:00 PM »

Well, I'll keep to it.   :)  What else am I going to do in my spare time when my mom says it's to late to go outside, or when I'm bored during history, science, math, et cetera, or when I can't get to sleep at night, other than draw? The list goes on, but I don't think anyone wants to hear it!   ;D  Oh and sure I do other things during those times to and all, but, again, chances are no one wants to hear them.

Dragyn

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2006, 05:28:00 PM »

I have to draw in class.  If I don't, I can't focus enough to get anything the teachers are saying.  

Other than that, I draw whenever I feel like it.  Which is most of the time.

And, of course, no homework assignment is complete without a sketch on it somewhere[/].    :D

Faith

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2006, 07:47:00 PM »

The teachers get angry at me for drawing in class, so I have to wait until they look away before I pull out my paper and pencil that I carry around all day. When I draw on my homework someone always take my paper away and I never get to finish.

If they catch me they tell me to put my drawing away and to listen. Though I don't really listen to them talking about whatever it is they're be talking about, I daydream.   ;D  I just get to distracted! It's not their fault they can't make the stuff they're talking about seem more intersting to me than what I'm thinking about!   :)

When I do daydream the person sitting next to me starts to look at me funny, kinda like I'm insane for staring out the window with a dumbstruck expression on my face. Then they know I'm absolutely crazy when I start to smile, maybe even laugh, at something I think is funny that I just thought of and they don't know why. It's really bad if I do that when somebody said something serious. I've done that to many times, even when I was interested. I just couldn't help it!

Generally most of the time I'm making a face that looks something like this:

Gryphor

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2006, 05:33:00 PM »

You know i do that to.But i look more like one of these.   :-/    ???    :o

spookty

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2006, 08:19:00 PM »

Eh,I either pay attention or draw.I've used most of my paper drawing,too.Which reminds me to tell mother I need more.*currently using paper from a notebook I don't use*
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up