Canon Fodder

• April 22, 2024, 10:30:47 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Fan art???  (Read 11225 times)

Faith

Fan art???
« on: February 02, 2007, 09:58:00 AM »

AAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Attack of the supposed-to-be-beowolf-thing!

Actually, it's supposed to be Beastling and Chad's mother.   :D

Yeah, I was told by a reliable source that this is nothing like Beastling and Chad's mother is supposed to be like. I personally think this is nothing like a beowolf is supposed to be like - but you tell me.   ;D

Also -- I am aware that she has no feet (I was going to draw them later and never did   :P    ::) )

Did you know that Beowulf is a poem about a king named Beowulf?

About the poem:

Beowulf (c. 700-1000 A.D.) is a heroic epic poem. At 3,182 lines, it is notable for its length in comparison to other Old English poems. It represents about 10% of the extant corpus of Old English poetry. The poem is untitled in the manuscript, but has been known as Beowulf since the early 19th century. In the poem, Beowulf, a hero of a Germanic tribe from southern Sweden called the Geats, travels to Denmark to help defeat a monster named Grendel. Then he is faced with the problem of Grendel's Mother, and he defeats her also. He later returns to Geatland, where he becomes king, and when he is old he kills a dragon and dies. Although dealing primarily with Scandinavian matters, the work has risen to such prominence that it is sometimes called "England's national epic."

About the king:

Beowulf is the legendary hero and king of the Anglo-Saxon, epic poem of the same name. He was the son of Ecgþeow, a banished warrior of the apparently Swedish Wægmundings. Ecgþeow had slain Heaðolaf, a man from another clan named the Wulfings (according to Scandinavian sources, they were the ruling dynasty of the Geatish petty kingdom of Östergötland). Apparently, because the victim was from a prominent family the weregild was set too high, and so Ecgþeow was banished and had to seek refuge among the Danes. The Danish king Hroðgar generously paid the weregild, and had Ecgþeow swear an oath.

Ecgþeow was in the service of the Geatish king Hreðel, whose daughter he married. They had Beowulf, who grew up with the Geats. Beowulf's childhood friend was Breca of the Brondings "supposed to be the inhabitants of the island Brännö, lying off the coast of West Gothland in the Cattegat" [1]). This would be a realistic location for a childhood friend of Beowulf, and the poem describes a swimming contest between them.

I have to much spare time...

Dragyn

Re: Fan art???
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 10:34:00 AM »

I already knew all that stuff about the Beowulf legends, they're where I got the name.  I actually took the name, split it in half, and translated it between several languages (deliberately).  The way I have it, it means "dragon-wolf", though I can't remember it's original meaning.

Yeah...it looks like a Beowulf...just not like Beastling/Chad's mother.  It looks pretty good though.

It looks like she's standing in a fog...but that's just 'cause she had no feet.

Also...I'm just a "pretty reliable source", huh?  Wonder how that works.

If you'd like, I'll put this in the "Extras" page, under a fan art section.  I won't unless you want me to, though.

Faith

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 12:49:00 PM »

I had wondered if you got it that way...

How about, "A very reliable source / author of the whole thing?"

And, go ahead! Maybe it could help get more people to see the forum and participate in it... you could say something like "you can add your own fan art in the forum and I might/will put it in Extras... I'm sorry, I think out loud a lot! Anwways, go ahead!   ;D

Dragyn

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 09:31:00 AM »

I'll get on that...probably next time I update.

Would you rather I link to it where you have it hosted, or could I put a copy on my site so it'll load faster?

Faith

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 10:00:00 PM »

Do as you will, whatever's best for you will work out fine by me!   ;D

Dragyn

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 06:59:00 PM »

Good.  That should save me some hassle.

I'll probably end up making a cropped version of it for the link.  Though...I don't know when.  I said next update, but my schedule is attempting murder on me.

Faith

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 07:19:00 PM »

Well don't let it!!!   :D  It doesn't matter to me -- you didn't even have to do this to begin with.   ;D

Dragyn

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2007, 07:25:00 PM »

Whoo...delays...

I'm still planning on putting it there...really!

Faith

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2007, 07:47:00 PM »

*Laugh!!!*   :D

Hey, are you going to put a picture in Extras for Valentines?

Dragyn

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2007, 08:25:00 PM »

For...Valentines?

I hadn't even thought of it...the only characters I have for that, ya'll haven't met.  I might, anyway.  I did it for Halloween--twice!

Faith

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2007, 09:42:00 PM »

Yup!

That'd be cool!   :D

Dragyn

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2007, 03:57:00 PM »

The only question now is "which ones?"

Faith

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2007, 06:40:00 PM »

Which ones? Which characters? Well... as you said, I haven't met them; if I had, though, I'd help if I could.

Though, honestly, what do you mean by "which ones?"

Dragyn

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2007, 02:26:00 PM »

Actually, at that point I was referring to something different altogether.  Pretend I never said anything.

Stupid slip of the mind...

By the way, your picture is up in the "Extras" page, now.

Faith

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2007, 05:55:00 PM »

*Laugh!*   :D

Okay, then!   ;)

I saw - I like the comment under the picture!   :)

Do you think there'll be more fan art there in the future?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up