Canon Fodder

• April 19, 2024, 07:37:19 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dolls!  (Read 7069 times)

Fox

Dolls!
« on: October 18, 2007, 06:09:00 PM »

Well...I think the "doll bug" has bitten me again. I've only done a few fairly recently, but the urge is hitting me to compulsively doll. XD I'll spare the "thread-per-piece" bit on you all, and put all my dolls in one thread. If you make 'em feel free to share them here, too. I'd love to see other dollers around. ^_^

Most recent one. Just finished it, actually. (uber sleepy, though..feel free to point out mistakes.) 'Tis the siblings, Blake, Toni & Fox in their "human disguises".
Bases are from PXL Garage.(which I'm not sure is still around..can't seem to find it.)

My character, Liana, makin' a blue rose. (made it right after I saw "I Know Who Killed Me"..though why I saw it I'm not sure.)
Base from Magic.

Terra, from Teen Titans. Base also from Magic.

My character, Hyperdrive. (my, how her looks have changed since then....)
Base from Precious Pixels.

All (the good ones) I have for now.

Faith

Re: Dolls!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 08:50:00 PM »

I'll make comments more related to the pictures after I understand exactly what I'm commenting on....

What are those, "dollers?"
What do they do?
Make a more "doll-like" version of a character?

Who are Blake, Toni, and Fox?

What are the "Teen Titans?"

Fox

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 02:58:00 PM »

I'll explain more when I can type better, but for now...."dolls" like these are basically a virtual version of what you find at a craft store, only you draw on clothes/hair/etc.

EDIT! Woo. Okay. Got off that bloody PSP and on my laptop. Anywho. Like I said, these dolls are just like any kind you would see at a craft store. (you know, those naked "Barbies" that ya' gotta buy clothes for) So everything on the dolls above are things I've added on. (some of whose skin color has even been changed) The only thing I didn't alter were the poses themselves. That's what the "base" is. I hope that's clear enough..if not lemme know. ^^;

Blake, Toni & Fox are my characters to fit the Invader Zim set..or..whatever. Gah..I so freaking tired I can't even talk right. >.<

Teen Titans is a DC comic/TV show. Basically teen superheroes with AWESOME powers. Except Robin..he just knows hand-to-hand combat. T_T Which I think is lame. Terra, seen above, is a geomancer. Meaning she can move rocks..and..earth..and all that nifty stuff.

Faith

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 09:36:00 PM »

I see...
Well, sorry to tell ya', I'm afraid there are no "dollers" here.
Unless?...   :P
(Any o' the guys here do that? (I'm betting that's a no.   ;D  )

Well, neat, anyway.
So, you have a comic, or something?

If I were to be critical, I'd simply say that the tails are the only thing disruptive to the natural image that I feel should be noted.

On Liana, the tail seems to stick straight out of her lower back. It's an extension of the spine, and should curve accordingly, and start off from lover down the back, probably, as well, since the spine, I believe, goes down further than that. I know you are probably aware of this, but simply did not draw it, because you were not thinking of it at the moment, like I did, before, and actually still do from time to time...

As far as Hyperdrive is included in my observations, her tail seems to be attached sideways, or maybe upside-down, even...
I suppose it could only be my way of looking at it, but shouldn't the smoother, under-scales be shown under the tail at the base?  As it is, to be "natural," it'd have to make an awful strange twist to right it's self.

Sorry... I just though I should mention these things, so that I could either hear your point in them, or so that you may simply see what I see.

(I got a good bit of help on this, from Dragyn actually.)

Other than that, well done.   ;)

Fox

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 01:55:00 PM »

Hm..Yeah..but you also notice that in most animals the tail is supposed to move more freely than the spine itself. I figure if a cat-quad's tail can stick straight up, a cat anthro's tail would stick straight out.

I know what you mean, though. I knew Liana's tail was messed up, but Hyperdrive's is supposed to be swinging. (I use my lizards as an example when doing reptilian creatures, so that's how I got the tail movement.)

Oh..and Liana's pants are supposed to be down pretty low, too.

And no, no comics. Not those kind, anyway.

Faith

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 05:10:00 PM »

"Those kind?"   :)

Sorry... I still don't see why the tail sticks straight out like that, or why I don't see some of the lighter colored scales at the base...
But then... I am, after all, just a dumb kid.   :P
No need to take heed of me, I have ridiculous points of view, anyway. Perhaps, I'm just too dull to see what you're speaking of, or something... not unlikely.   ::)
I apologize. Simply put, I felt I'd at least share my view... though perhaps that's not the most wise of choices, seeing as how that never really turns out well.   :P

Fox

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 05:51:00 AM »

Geez..I didn't mean to upset you. Like I said, though..I knew Liana's tail was messed up. As for Hyperdrive, as I also mentioned, I use my lizards as a reference for reptilians. Dizzy and, at the time, my tokay geckos had tails that went "WOO!" like that..but yeah, I did get the belly scales too far to the side.

And I meant I don't have any of those comics..just a few Garfield & Calvin & Hobbes. XD

~edit'd~
Random chibi Hyperdrive. Base from Magic.

I change my OC's look too much....

Faith

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2007, 04:36:00 PM »

Sorry... I didn't mean to sound upset.   :P
I was just coming back to change it, for I realized it sounded rather harsh without smilies...
(was sleepy, and still had to do homework)
Some people find it hard to understand my rections when they can't see my face, or hear the way I say it.
I apologize, again... I hate it when I do that.   ::)
(When you look back you'll see what I mean.)

(By the way, I like your new avatar!   ;D  
And is your signature a picture of anyone in particular?)

Fox

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2007, 04:45:00 PM »

Ah, okay. I know I do the same thing when I have other things on my mind. Well..school, anyway. Usually when I'm sleepy I just fall on the keyboard and go like this: OAIDPF NOVCDU*HJ:IOLVDSCMXZZZZ

XD

~Thanks. I found it on Mike's Free .Gifs..or something like that.
~That's Fox in my signature. I have a Dr Pepper fetish, both Fox and his mother tend to share that with me. Speaking of..this one I'm drinking currently expires December 25th...huh.

Faith

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2007, 04:58:00 PM »

*Laugh!!!*   :D

Oops... I skipped the actual signature and looked at the latest doll...   :P
('Kay, some question, but different.   ;D  )

Hm... I've fallen asleep at the computer, before... only our keyboard is wacko' so it can't turn right, and, therefore, I did not fall asleep on it.

Fox

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2007, 05:16:00 PM »

The Hyperdrive chibi? HD is my character to fit in the Teen Titans set. She's kind of a..good/bad person. In my scenario, she used to work for the Titans, but quit to find Red X, the villian whom she fangirls over.
Pages: [1]   Go Up