Canon Fodder

• April 27, 2024, 11:40:06 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pwnage  (Read 9818 times)

Faith

Re: Pwnage
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2008, 05:43:00 PM »

I wish I had the money to get stuff like that, for myself.   ;D
But, instead... I'm getting a horse!   :)
And some other, slightly more serious things... I wonder if I'll have to pay anything to get a new title for a car... and just how much repairs will be... >.<
And... I still have to start saving for college.   :P
Oh, and I have to build a barn, this Summer...

Hm...
I wonder when I should find out about any job opportunities at that tree nursery... >.<

I always thought those could be kinda fun...   :)
As long as I didn't have to mingle with strangers, much.   ;D
How many people go to the one in your area?
Or are they located in different areas, each time, and you go to them?

Fox

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2008, 01:04:00 PM »

A nursery? There's only two within 100 miles of us. XD

Geez..maybe that's why I can afford all the things I get. I don't need money for college, and a phobia of driving prevents me from saving for a car. .... Cool. =3 I'd pick swords over an Chevy any day. ^_^

Faith

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2008, 10:30:00 PM »

Heh.   :)

Well, mine's a Nissan Quest, 1993 (I only found out last night. >.<) - and I want to get this, for many reasons, but none of which are a joy for driving...
(I don't really like to drive... I just deal with it.)

Some of those are listed, below:
Because I can't/shouldn't/don't want to  rely on everyone else all the time, when I need a ride, for others often don't want to/shouldn't have to/can't/won't when I need/want to get a ride, and I want more Independence. It would allow me to have a lot more freedom, and it would take care of getting a car, later. Some other things... blah blah blah....
And, the biggest reason: somebody I know is leaving, soon... and I want to be able to visit them. They will be a 2 hour drive away...

How come you don't need any money for college?

The closest nursery, here, is five miles away. I figure that if I wake up early enough, I can ride my bike there, and still get there on time.
I'll have to find out how long it'd take me, before hand...
And get better directions. >.<

Fox

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2008, 09:54:00 AM »

If I land a job as a freelancer for the local paper, I might have to drive. I just don't want to.

Because I'm already in college. I'm doing courses at home, and it's on the same program as my high school thing is. (the only reason I'm not finished with high school is because I've skipped so much from vacation/being sick/summer) It's just photography courses, but that's all I need. I don't need to spend 5 years at some school getting a degree for whatever. I know what I'm going to do..that's all I need. (besides..I have a..thing..about crowds)

Faith

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2008, 11:06:00 PM »

Oh you have a thing! >.<
I hate crowds - but they make me go to my stupid school, anyway...   :P

So --- you're in HS and college at the same time?

Hm...
I'm not sure whether I wish I had the opportunity to do nothing but easy stuff at home or if I'm happy to get such a good education with so many options.   ;D
Meh. I'm happy to have public school, for the most part... I got to meet a few people... Dragyn, for instance.   :)

Whatcha' doing, exactly?
I think I heard something about it,before... but I don't know... >.<

Fox

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2008, 02:30:00 PM »

To quote Natalie Teeger(from Monk), I "have a 'thing' about everything."

Mm-hm. ^_^ It rules like that.

And HAH! Again I say, HAHA! Just because I don't have finals, doesn't make it any more easier than public school work. XD Homeschoolers supposedly have a higher success rate, too. o.O We'll see about that when I apply as a freelancer for our local paper. ^_^

Whadya' mean by "what am I doing"? Like..currently? 'Cause currently I'm sitting here typing and trying to forget the ick. >.>

Dragyn

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2008, 12:06:00 PM »

Hey, I'm a homeschooler...so far, so good.

Though, I did go to public school for the last several years...I already knew most of what they were "teaching."

Freelance photography, huh?  Good luck with that.

Fox

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2008, 12:05:00 PM »

Thanks. ^_^ I hope to at least get a good start by submitting things to the local fair and whatnot. My dad also suggested me joining a stock website. *shrug* Who knows. For now, I am armed with my Sony Alpha and I plan to do great things with it. =3

Faith

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2008, 07:37:00 PM »

I know that home schooled students generally are more successful and all - I meant that I, myself, have had more opportunities by means of public school, for other reasons.

The things like the Art classes, and, well, all of those things that I'd need supplies to do - my family can't get most of those, themselves, but through the school, I, personally, get to do more stuff. Though I do sometimes think it would be easier to be home schooled...
Outside of that... I dunnow'... I'd have a farm/ranch...   ;D

A lot of ranchers/farmers struggle, and many have given up with the business... but I believe that those industries will start pulling in more money, here soon, as the things that the lost business's provided to the community start to become limited (it's already happened with hay, in this area... I expect people to start growing more hay, around here, soon.)
It will be good for the farmers/ranchers... but not so great for the consumers, for a while there. (If I'm lucky, I'll not have to worry too much about that, for myself.   ;D )
Though, other prices, such as gas prices, keep rising... well, I think I could pull it off, somehow... never said it'd be easy. I just want to do it.   :)

I didn't mean to say it was all easy, or anything. (School wasn't made to be easy... sure hasn't been for me, anyway...   :P ) I just heard it was easier to do, because of a few things, such as less strenuous timing, and a person who is practically a personal tutor, that you don't get nervous about asking for help from, for the most part. That allows a person to learn more, with more ease...
I can't easily ask my teachers for help, most of the time, because I get nervous... they usually either don't know, or they think they can make me get over it... but then I just don't ask because I'm nervous...
*Sigh...* I have to get over my people issues... >.<

Perhaps we all have a thing for everything... ?

As a freelancer for the local paper - what sort of stuff would you be doing?
What things are you interested in, about that job?

What is a Sony Alpha?

Fox

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2008, 11:56:00 AM »

I'll have to read all of that later. XD For now....

I don't know. Whatever I can. I'd love to do nature/animal/geology/archeology stuff, but who knows. I'm not a big people person, but I'm hoping to associate with National Geographic in some way. ^_^

A Sony Alpha is a DSLR. I got it for my birthday last year, but I think I'll wait to get any of the lenses and excessories I want untill I start making money from it, 'cause a lot of stuff is the same price as the camera itself. XD

Faith

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2008, 01:25:00 PM »

Honestly, chances are that you probably don't want to read that later...   :P

Okay... first, I was gonna' ask, "What's a DSLR?"
Then, you said, "...camera..."

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up