Canon Fodder

• September 21, 2024, 02:57:43 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: 100 Themes -- Blood  (Read 39475 times)

Faith

Re: 100 Themes -- Blood
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2009, 07:41:00 AM »

*Laugh!!!*   :D

I really like this one.   ;)
It turned out really well.
Heh.
Hm...
I've been using Paint.Net recently, myself... (great program, in my opinion, to inform Darkness) and I am thinking I will definitely need to use more layers...   :P
1 for lines. 1 for colors. 1 for shading. XD
Oh, and one for a whiteboard and another for the image I drew, to kinda trace it...   :P
That's five. One of which I be remove, too.

Dragyn

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2009, 12:46:00 PM »

Oh, right.  Meant to say this sooner...

With smaller things, like the shield logo you've got in the corner, I usually find it preferable to draw the smaller details like that after resizing.  

Same goes for text.

As an aside, if you plan on reusing those symbols, you can save them in their own file consisting of just the symbol, and then just import it in when you need it.  Layered file formats are useful like that.

bloodreaper

« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2009, 03:07:00 AM »

It is already done.

Dragyn

« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2009, 11:23:00 AM »

Good, good...

bloodreaper

« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2009, 11:22:00 PM »

Break Away

This is, as you can probably tell, an older picture that I was dissatisfied with, and didn't finish at the time. I was flipping through my bank of half finished pictures and I thought to myself, "You know what that hing really needs (besides better linework, and better translucency effects, of course)? --Some glow filter.

So here it is.

There are some other changes I would have made, but the layers were collapsed way back in the mists of time, so this is what you get.

Darknes

« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2009, 06:04:00 AM »

the glow is great. you guys are going to have to show me how to do that. i think fireman needs to glow to.

Dragyn

« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2009, 03:01:00 PM »

Whoah...the glow effect works pretty well, there.  Definitely an improvement, I think.

Of course, I complained way back when that I didn't think your lights looked bright enough...

The "Glow" is an effect.  There are many other ways to get it, too, but the glow effect is easiest.

A word of advice, though...always make a duplicate layer before playing with the glow or blur effects.  That way, you can just turn off the backup, but still be able to undo it if you change your mind, later on.

bloodreaper

« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2009, 08:38:00 PM »

So essentially, you recommend creating a backup copy of just that layer, so if you decide, an hour later, that the contrast slider on that glow effect should have been five points higher, you can swap the old layer back in and re-glow it.

That's a good idea, and I've got enough memory on this system right here, that I can probably afford to do that. I've got twelve layers active right now; what's one more?

Update:
--18 simultaneous layers to produce this.

That's just how many I had left at the end. Some were merged or deleted, after they served their purpose.

Edit:Oh, yeah.

Contains --wait for it....

<font color="Red">Blood!</font>

Dragyn

« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2009, 03:17:00 PM »

Impressive.

Hmm...something seems off about the blood, and I'm not referring to it's color.  It just doesn't seem to be...fluid enough, ya' know?

Other than that, though, it looks cool.  I have to ask:  are these characters, or just random?

bloodreaper

« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2009, 04:01:00 PM »

I'm not really happy with it myself, and I might touch it up, just a bit.

The way the rivulets interact with the smears didn't come out right. The whole thing just ends up looking scribble-ish and confused.

Edit: I may need the question to be more specific before I could answer, and even then, I might have to withhold that information.

Dragyn

« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2009, 09:02:00 AM »

Heh.

I just wanted to know if they're actually characters, with backgrounds and personalities, or if they're just there for this picture, and...that's all.

Faith

« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2009, 04:58:00 PM »

Heh.

I really like that first one, and the second one is rather unique, being neat as well.  

With the sword, is there some special design or material or something to let the handle be like that? I like the it, no matter. It's not ridiculously ornate, but it's not a boring pointy stick, ya' know?
Heh.

Nice work.   ;)
Looking forward to more.   :)

Fox

« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2009, 11:03:00 AM »

Oo..neat. I didn't know there was a glow filter. I always just used brushes at various opacities. Huh..I'll have to check Photoshop.

Dragyn

« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2009, 03:42:00 PM »

Hmm...

I don't know what all Photoshop has, but faliing all else, you could work it in photoshop, then save it (as a flat image, since I don't think Paint.Net supports photoshop files natively) and then open it in Paint.Net for a glow filter...

Of course, it'd be a lot easier if Photoshop has something in it to do the same thing...

bloodreaper

« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2009, 09:13:00 AM »

Through the Fire

I had to touch up the flames after I converted to .gif, because it always messes with the translucent paintbrush techniques I use.

I'm still not really happy with a few spots, but there's not much more I can do.

I suspect I'm the only one who can even see these defects, if I don't mention them, but they will haunt me for days.

Edit:Revised Edition

At DW's encouragement and advice, I went back and touched up the flaws and then saved it out to a PNG. You can thank him for the "more globular blood".

He also showed me some nifty tricks with the adjustments menu, in PDN.

I was originally torn between doing a silhouette or ambiently lit coloring for this, so I decided that so long as I was doing two versions, I could do it both ways. I still have all those layers, so I can go back and mix and match to my heart's content.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up