Canon Fodder

• September 20, 2024, 10:35:33 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: Random x3  (Read 62474 times)

Dragyn

Re: Random x3
« Reply #120 on: April 22, 2009, 08:49:00 PM »

Not really sure what it is (other than dead).

Impressive work, I guess, though a better contrast would likely help.

bloodreaper

« Reply #121 on: April 23, 2009, 11:02:00 PM »

A slightly yellower green might be easier to pick out, without really changing the message, but once I squint enough to see it through my monitor glare, it looks good.

Faith

« Reply #122 on: April 24, 2009, 09:09:00 AM »

*Shrug*

I saw it fine. Heh. All the same. Maybe just make a simply lighter colored green. Or more highlights. (If you want to keep that kind of green.)

Fox

« Reply #123 on: April 24, 2009, 09:59:00 AM »

It's some sort of dragony thing.

Have you ever seen a dead lizard? The skin turns very dark, and leathery. Near-black was actually my first choice, but it would've been even more difficult to see. I'll have to paint an actual background, later on. The one with the plain white background, is quite painful on the eyes. >.>

On a more random note..since it was brought up by other people..the tail is like that, so I could fit it all on the page. (as the original was drawn in a very small sketchbook) It's not..er..censoring. >.>

bloodreaper

« Reply #124 on: April 26, 2009, 02:14:00 PM »

As an alternative to changing the color, you could add some sort of border or back-lighting effect to pop out the silhouette.

It's faster and easier than adding a real background, but it has a similar effect on the foreground, and backlighting can imply a complex background, left undisplayed.

You'd need the keep the lighting subtle, if you went that way, so as to not overwhelm your shading. A little bit of red glow, from behind the upper right corner, would really make him easier to see, without messing up the shading.

--or you could just do what I do and put a random streak of color back there.

That always makes people think of low budget Japanese cartoons though...

Fox

« Reply #125 on: April 27, 2009, 09:11:00 AM »

Yeah..I'd still like to paint the catacombs, though. I need to practice, for future Katarizo strips, anyway. >3> I guess if it doesn't work out, I'll try it, that way.

Faith

« Reply #126 on: May 01, 2009, 02:48:00 PM »

Heh.   :)

That's all right.
I'd prefer the tail to be censoring...   :P

Fox

« Reply #127 on: May 07, 2009, 09:23:00 AM »

If it was censoring, I wouldn't have posted it, here. ;3

More!
http://www.rcacomics.net/files/fox_swords_small.png
I dunno. Just wanted to draw Fox and shiny. =D

http://www.rcacomics.net/files/mizzybust.png
I like her eyes, in this..

http://www.rcacomics.net/files/nathanyo.png
Random.

Faith

« Reply #128 on: May 07, 2009, 10:08:00 AM »

Nice. XD

Heh.
The way most of your characters stick out their toung amuses me...   :P    ;D

Dragyn

« Reply #129 on: May 08, 2009, 09:14:00 PM »

Tongue.  Toung isn't a word.  And if it is a word, it's not in English.

ANYway...

Why hasn't Fox fallen over?  He seems to be leaning to the left (of us) there...

No comment on the bust picture.

The claws picture looks interesting, but something about the way the claws is a bit off--namely, they seem to come out of his knuckles, and follow the line of his fingers.  If they did that, to the extreme which it appears, it would make his hand...stiff.  And bloody.  And he'd never be able to hold anything again.

Admittedly, such concerns are trivial when you can sprout claws from your knuckles.

Fox

« Reply #130 on: May 09, 2009, 01:14:00 PM »

May 8, 2009, 11:14pm, <font color="dd00bb">Dragyn</font> wrote:
The claws picture looks interesting, but something about the way the claws is a bit off--namely, they seem to come out of his knuckles, and follow the line of his fingers.  If they did that, to the extreme which it appears, it would make his hand...stiff.  And bloody.  And he'd never be able to hold anything again.

Granted he doesn't heal, like Wolverine, when there's giant claws coming out of your hands...one would kinda need, at least in the hands, a small amount of regeneration or healing. If only for that. Still kinda working on that bit.

I'm still trying to work out some minor details, like that, with my cousin, and a friend. (who's also helping me write his backstory..)

As for Fox...um..the reason he's leaning, is probably because I always have my head tilted. >.> I never really notice things like that....

Faith

« Reply #131 on: May 11, 2009, 11:04:00 AM »

Oops.
Yeah... I do that sort of thing way too often... >.<
Maybe I should stop trying to respond to this thing between classes, to prevent at least as much of those. XP

Heh.

Fox

« Reply #132 on: May 15, 2009, 02:27:00 PM »

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/5267/eyewearswitch.png
Sequal to the last picture, of the like.

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/8568/mizzyslide.png
Mizzy slidin'. It's actually quite fun..provided you don't bust your kneecaps.

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/6258/fafnircoconuts.png
Preview of a Fafnir wallpaper, to be put up, on RCAC. (no, she won't be singing that.)

Dragyn

« Reply #133 on: May 16, 2009, 10:33:00 AM »

Eyewear:  I'm afraid I can't relate with Fox, there.  I'm the blind one, around here.

Sliding:  Again with the tongue...but pretty good.  You might want to find a perspective that matches up, though.  As is, that's a pretty sloped floor you've got there.

Fafnir:  I am disturbed.

Faith

« Reply #134 on: May 19, 2009, 06:55:00 AM »

Wow... XP

I think Dragyn said it pretty well.   :P
I don't have the time to add to it since the bell just rang... T.T
Two and a half more weeks... (School)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16   Go Up