Canon Fodder

• April 18, 2024, 09:34:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: To Go Somewhere Else... [Characters]  (Read 5994 times)

Dragyn

To Go Somewhere Else... [Characters]
« on: June 08, 2008, 03:40:00 AM »

...and maybe resurrect this part of the forum.

I really must admit that I don't think anyone knows what we're really doing in here, so I'll try to get it started, though in a different and less familiar type of setting.

This one will take place in space, and possibly on a few weird planets.  I don't really think I'm expected to plan this thing too far in advance, so we'll just run with it.

Assume any character made for this one has a spaceship of their own, nothing larger than a fighter or a very small transport.  If you want to make yours custom, do so when you post your character.

I will now double post and post my character.  The double post is deliberate, so ignore it.

Dragyn

Re: To Go Somewhere Else... [Characters]
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 04:08:00 AM »

This character can be used as a template for yours, if you like, or you can arrange the info however you want.  I'll try to annotate it for reference.

Name:  Kyran "IDIOT 7" Ferrus
Race: (Aliens and Fantasy characters are allowed, though do try to keep them at least reasonable in a space-age setting.) In this case, however, this guy will be human, but with cybernetic modifications.  A cyborg, if you will.
Age: I'll call him somewhere around 20, and not worry about the specifics.

Description:  This section is mostly flavor text, put in it what you will.

This human stands a bit under 6 feet tall.  His lopsided stance is caused by the multiple-alloy replacements which make up the left side of his body.  Oddly enough, his cybernetic leg is a bit shorter than the other.  While his head is largely unscathed, he is short an eye, which has since been replaced by a robotic one, which glows with a dim blue light.

A uniform hides the numerous scars which evidence the accident which induced his cyborg-ish state.  The deep blue-black cloth bears only a few small insignia, hidden under the folds of the oversized black flight jacket he wears over the top.

Role: This section should tell us several things about your character.  It should, for one, let us know what on Earth (or rather, off of it) your character is doing in space.  It should also tell us a bit about their motives, assuming they have any, and what sort of things we should expect this character to do.

Kyran is an operative for the Interplanetary Defensive Intelligence Operations Team.  He tends to hide the Acronym I.D.I.O.T., which is emblazoned on his uniform, as best he can.

IDIOT is an independent group of pilots who seek to maintain trade between star systems, and keep the warfare at a minimum.  Of course, they often use violent means to eliminate threats, though they always try to gather as much information nonviolently as they can.  They tend to favor stealth and speed over raw brute force, but they aren't opposed to a direct assault if they assess it as their best option.

Kyran is a field agent, and prefers to gather as much as he can before he starts a fight, but he'll fight if need be.  He may not be the best, but he is one of the better pilots in IDIOT's ranks.  His main objective is to keep people from killing each other, even if that means he has to kill one of them first.

Ship: This is where you tell us what kind of ship this character owns.  As I said, your starting ship should be relatively small, like a fighter or a very small transport ship.  Throw in any nifty markings, scars, or whatever the ship has here, too.

Kyran's ship is the IDIOT 7.  It is a light, but maneuverable, stealth fighter.  Its armament is minimal, but capable of very precise shots at a relatively long range.  The IDIOT 7 is the same deep blue-black as his uniform, with the name emblazoned on the side in a true black, nearly unseen.  Most of the time, such as when this RP starts, the upper fin of the ship is missing, leaving only a stump to show that it was ever there.  

The ship's weakest point is its reactor; due to the lightweight construction, the power generation reactor is only partially protected, and a precise or lucky shot could leave it stuck on reserves--hardly enough to fight.  The front of the ship is highly shielded, and the sides (including up and down) have moderate shielding.  The engines, however, are barely shielded at all--the IDIOT 7 relies on maneuverability to keep opponents in front of it.

End Notes:  If there is anything more you think we should know, but that doesn't fit elsewhere, put it here.  Home planets, sworn enemies, alliances formed, anything of the sort can go here.

Since Kyran is mostly pretty basic, I've no more to tell you, so I'll use this bit to point out that you should try to limit yourself to 1 or 2 characters.  If your character dies, you are, of course, free to replace them.  

While I would usually prefer that characters be approved beforehand, I'm going to say that as long as you say what your character is, you are free to post.  If it turns out your character doesn't fit, doesn't work, or just dies too quickly, then you can always just run them into the sun or retire them quietly.

Alright.  GO!

Fox

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 01:30:00 PM »

Ooo...sounds fun. I do love a bit of sci-fi. :3

Note: If fancharacters(since Irkens are the species in Invader Zim) aren't allowed..then I'll pick somebody else. >.>

Name: Jax and Nika
Race: Irken(Jax), Irken/Narcnardian(Nika)

Description: (Jax)
Jax is really tall & built for his species, standing at 6'1". This was likely caused by over-exposure to Turian magic. This also gave him a heavy, Russian-like accent. His eyes are bright orange.

Jax also has burn marks from his face, down to just below his chest, also on his shoulders to forearms. He also has a slightly diagonal scar across his left eye.

He's most often wearing a slate-blue sweatshirt, with the sleeves pushed up, and a tan overcoat. He's always wearing pants in some shade of red. He also keeps a battered, red scarf around his face to conceal the scars best he can, as well as long, dark red gloves. His boots are light brown, combat.

(Nika)
Nika is half Narcnardian, an "extinct" race of anthropomorphic, dragon-like creatures. She has a fairly long tail with the familiar spade-shape at the end, right after two large "fins". Like all Narcs, she has shape-shifting tentacles. However, instead of on her back..she chose to replace her antennae with them and give herself....headwings. She stands about 5'4", and has fuchsia-colored eyes.

Nika is almost always wearing multiple layers of clothing. Her most known is a light blue, very baggy tee over a longsleeve white one. She wears dark reddish-brown bellbottoms and shoes of similar color.

Both are capable of magic, but Jax hates it severely and never really uses it. Nika, on the other hand, has been trained from birth to use magic. Though..she really only does it for fun. Nika and bunnies don't get along well.

Role: Jax was sentenced to death years ago by the Arginian & Turian High Council. However, after some reconsideration, he was then put on a lifetime of community service, of sorts.

Due to his morbid hate toward dragons and other reptilian species, his main task was to protect such creatures. He primarily deals with poachers, but every now & then he goes after some threats of the invasion kind. That doesn't happen, often, though.

Until he is needed, he is based in a rather large cruiser that hovers just over the planet. Nika has no role in any of this, and isn't even allowed to help..lest she be punished, herself.

Ship:
Small, one-passenger Turian cruiser. No weapons, and just enough extra space for Nika to squeeze in, if she needs to. Kind of looks like a cross between those little mini-subs & a Corvette. =D

End Notes:
Home planets- Irk(Jax), Reptia(Nika)
Alliances- Most of Reptia; mainly Argine. Argon, Dragos, Sheah(Nika's mother), and Aara are also allies.
Enemies- A lot of Turia, but mostly Zokar.
Jax isn't really allowed to live anywhere..that's why he's based on the giant cruiser. He cannot take "vacation", and if he goes anywhere at all, he is only allowed to stay 2 hours-2 days(depending on where he is), unless he's off-planet or it's an absolute necessity.
Most of this stuff probably won't play any part in anything. Just thought I should mention it in case I make a reference or two. >.>

Dragyn

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 04:37:00 PM »

A'right, sounds fine.  If you're seeking the approval, you have it.

Though, as stated, you don't need approval before posting, if you want it beforehand, that is encouraged.

For future reference, though, I'm not averse to double posting to separate character entries.  If you enter multiple characters at once, I think I'd prefer you double post it, so they're separate.  As is, leave it.  They seem to be connected somehow, anyway.

Let's see who else joins in...

Faith

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 10:46:00 PM »

Hm... I'll try to write something up...
(It'll be weird, so ya'll know... >.<)

Fox

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 11:23:00 AM »

I usually use seperate sheets for different characters..but, yes, they are connected. That's really the only reason why I did it like that.

And I would've rather had approval beforehand on these two. Some RPs don't allow characters like that. >.>

As a side note.....I'll likely post something as soon as the weather clears up. I'd hate to have half a page typed up & lose it all 'cause the internet went down. >.< (wouldn't be the first time it's happened, though)**In fact, happened just now. Thankfully I copied it before it went wonky.**

Faith

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 06:18:00 PM »

Hehe.   ;D

Hm... I just need to get finished...   :P  
I am thinking I must be lazy, like this.   ::)  

Fox

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 12:20:00 PM »

Question:
Are we going to be doing our own thing for a while, and all meet up at some point, or is it going to be a group thing from the start?  (er..all involved in one plot that'll develope as the story progresses, or all a part of something different)

Faith

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 03:50:00 PM »

Good question...

What's up with Fox with wings?
(Does he usually have wings, and what happened to him?)

Dragyn

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2008, 01:52:00 PM »

In general, it would be best to start in one "group," if not allied.  Things tend to get going faster that way, I've observed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up