Canon Fodder

• April 26, 2024, 02:12:49 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Katarizo!  (Read 10504 times)

Fox

Katarizo!
« on: December 20, 2007, 09:54:00 AM »

Hope it's okay to post a topic with my own comic here....(some sites don't allow it)

Anyway....I've decided to work on my newer comic, Katarizo, before I start back on the other one.

Katarizo at DeviArt. I'm trying to knock out the cast pages before I actually start working with the comic itself. Hopefully I get the first page done before Christmas, but I dunno. I don't script or work on anything before hand, so I pretty much just update at random. N-E-WAI! I chose dA to post it because FreeWebs has all these bugs and whatnot now, and most other free web-hosting sites run my computer down. I don't want to use Xepher because I'm not guaranteed a spot..or whatever.

.... So there we are.

Dragyn

Re: Katarizo!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 01:29:00 PM »

Not a problem.

Well, I'd still suggest applying for Xepher once you've got a bit of an archive, just 'cuz it's a lot more versatile than DA or FreeWebs.  It's still up to you, though.  (Of course)

As for what you've got so far:

The art looks good, and the plot is...tolerable.  Until there's more to go on, I'm not gonna judge your plot, I don't think.

One little complaint, though;  I before E...it's spelled "Thief."

Fox

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 01:35:00 PM »

Bah..even after proofreading several times over, I always overlook the i/e bits. >.<

And the discription isn't really the plot itself..it just tells a little about the location/characters/history/etc.....whatever you want to call it.

^And I could do a little more with it if I bought a subscription to DA, but I can't afford buying for both accounts. I might convince somebody for, oh, an early birthday present? =3

Faith

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 09:10:00 PM »

*Laugh!!!*   :D

Uck... I got a dizzy spell, and my eyes are burning...
I think it's too dry/hot in my house. >.<
(Off to get water for drinking and for putting on the stove...)

Feeling better, now.   :)
Anyway...

Dragyn's right about there not being much that one can judge, for the plot, yet... or rightfully, anyway...
It sounds like it's got potential, though, and I'll probably check up on it, when you get stuff going.   ;)

I like the pictures, for the cast page.   :)
What did you do to make it have that patter/texture in the images?

About Uri:
It is really rather good, how he is drawn. If I were to make a suggestion, from what I've seen... it'd be to make the bars on the feathers look a bit more natural, and perhaps, the ones on his body, you could make look less uniform... with the way they are, on the birds, they suggest that they line up like that, and they kinda do... but not so exact...
And, on the wings, they go all the way across the feather... kinda... and they're more like a pattern, because of the difference in feather types. (Yeah, I didn't need to say that...)
I generally just mix in some irregularities, and stick 'em in a hazardous pattern before calling it, "okay."   ;D
They were not asked for, or anything... (the weird stripe-analyzing talk or the links) and you could do it yourself... but here are some links to some images that I think might help make what I'm saying more understandable, if it's not... if you don't mind the suggestions... they're a good example, I think, for the wings, and the body, as far as the barred feathers are concerned.

http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/st....ine-falcon.jpg
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/wild/images/birds/peregrine2.jpg

Besides my crazy analyzing, it's really good.   ;)

Vincent:
Good, my only suggestion would be for the shoulders... but I'm done being picky, about this...   :P

Sorry... just trying to be helpful.
I only said the crazy bird-stuff because of you comment of why you don't draw birds... 'cuz it looks good, and this is just a suggestion, that I would have considered kinda silly, otherwise, but I figured I'd say since you said...

Fox

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 07:26:00 AM »

Yeah..I hate drawing birds. >.< It'll be better once I get going in the comic, though. I drew the pictures in Paint, so there's not much I could do to it. XD The comic will be hand-drawn, though.

As for the texture: I started with a blank canvas, colored it tan, and burned the middle and edges. I then used the "texture" filter and a light "canvas texture". After pasting the image in, I repeated it once more. I then used a grayish-blue hue to color it, then for the final effect I used a "grain-vertical" filter. =3 Make sense? I'm no good at explaining things. XD

Dragyn

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 08:26:00 AM »

Hmm...Paint.Net terms, as best I can:

started with a blank (white) layer, color it tan, and burn (You'd probably have to do so in reality, and scan it in for Paint.net) the middle/edges. Then use a "texture" filter and add a canvas texture/image on top (probably a multiply layer...not sure though.) Paste in the image, repeat the texture. Use a grayish-blue color on it, then, for the final effect use a filter vertical grain texture.  (Paint.Net does not, unfortunately, have such filters)

Phew...hefty chunk of text.

Fox

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2007, 08:31:00 AM »

I actually do everything on one layer. I never really could understand 'em. They always seemed to mess up whatever I was doing.

The magic wand tool is my friend. <3

Dragyn

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007, 08:56:00 AM »

Well, I'm trying to compensate for Paint.Net's lack of Filters, and layers are the only way I can see to do that.

The magic wand tool has its place.  I avoid using it...

Faith

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2007, 12:47:00 PM »

At first, the layers were a little confusing... but I got a grip of them, fast enough.   ;D
Now I miss them.... >.<
It was so much easier, being able to take off stuff you didn't like, without having to be cautious of everything else!
(I think I'm gonna' go find the laptop with Paint.Net... even though it doesn't work very well, and there's no mouse.   :P

I've yet to use Paint.Net much, though.   :P

I think I put barn plans on it, once... and, another time, I started making a picture with a rose, and it was going to have a background I made with those diamond gradients in the colors green and black, in a way that made it look like there were lots of little stars...   ;D
And then I made something with a bunch of lines, gradients and color... and it reminds me of my neighbor's lawn chairs.
That's about all I saved...
Fascinating, hu?   ::)

What are the neatest little design/effects/filters, in you guys's opinions, on the things you've got?

Fox

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2007, 04:02:00 PM »

FINALLY. Now I can start working on the first strips. Geez..I like Dwayne and all..but sometimes I wish he'd stay at home, 'cause I have other stuff to do! >.<

Aaaand..to answer Faith's questio, it depends. I like the different filters depending on what I do with them. Say, for old paper effects, I like the burn tool. Simple as that. For fur/hair, I like the smudge tool. For special things, I like grain/cloud/gradients. I'm also partial to glow effects. (last link is a tad morbid, just fyi.)

The background on my third Christmas picture is by far my favorite to toy with, though. I'll most likely be able to post it..I don't think it's that bad.

Faith

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2007, 10:33:00 PM »

Oo, neat!   ;D

Dragyn

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2007, 02:21:00 PM »

I dunno', really.  I just play with whatever makes itself available that does what I want it to, at the moment.

Faith

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2007, 06:41:00 PM »

Heh.   ;D

I dunno, at all... I haven't gotten on Paint.Net much, lately. >.<

Hey, you said there were forums, for Paint.Net, and you could get affects and such, on it, like that water thing (the one that drowned sleeping Beastling) right?
Do you recall what it was?

Dragyn

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2007, 08:02:00 PM »

Hmm...the URL for downloading used to be www.getpaint.net ...it was a link from there.  Try that...it's too late for me to look.    :P

Faith

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2007, 11:48:00 PM »

What a dow, and how do you load it?   :P
(Sorry, it's just not that often that I get to do that!)

Yippee! Success!   ;D

Thank you.   :)

Later:
Er... where do you get that other thing that you need, to download Paint. net? ':D
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up