Canon Fodder

• April 24, 2024, 10:22:33 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Christmas! =D  (Read 30649 times)

Dragyn

Re: Christmas! =D
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2007, 10:33:00 AM »

I've no money...no shopping for me.

Faith

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2007, 11:23:00 AM »

Heh... I've been going through my things, a lot, for suitable gifts...   ;D
I'm just gonna' nab some out of my savings, for the rest...

That's fine with everyone, I'm sure.   ;)
Most people like it when they get gifts that others made... I know I do.   :)

Fox

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2007, 11:33:00 AM »

I've done very little shopping. I tend to usually get one or two gifts per person. Most of the time somebody will order something for me since I can't(*coughdon'twanttocough*) order from catalogs. I get the most presents for my cats because they're the cheapest and don't care as long as it's catnip. XD

Though the game I got for my dad turned out to be the wrong one. I guess Amazon put the wrong discription on it..oh well. It's still the same basic thing..we just can't play it on the network..I think.

If I don't get that tablet(and I'd better), then Breanna's definately getting the best gift. We've got her a Dell notebook with all the fixings, plus a desk/printer/bag, etc. =3 Of course.....graphic tablets are better. (if I don't get it, I'll be spending all my Christmas money on it, for sure. XP)

bloodreaper

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2007, 11:45:00 AM »

I want a copy of Castlevania: The Dracula X Cronicles, but I don't see it happening.

Everyone who has money needs it for important things this year, and it's a pricey title.

Besides, I already have SotN, so it's hard to justify buying what is essentially a re-release with Rondo of Blood thrown in. However, as a non-japaneese-speaking person, it's likely that this will be my only chance to play Rondo of Blood or the extended version of SotN.

I'm more concerned with how to make my limited budget buy gifts for everyone on my list. Perhaps if I live in a packing crate this winter I can save money on rent, to buy things for my family, but I've spent the summer in a desert and am no longer acclimated to the bitter winters we get up here.

Faith

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2007, 12:45:00 PM »

*Laugh!!!*   :D

Well, I don't have to pay rent, or anytihng... but I've a limited budget, as well.
Unless I just don't buy a steer to get the money necessary to buy the horse that a nice guy's been saving practically all Summer for me... I'm kinda behind on spending money...
I've been saving for months, but I seem to not be getting very far... well, when considering how much money I should have earned, and the like.   :P

I must admit... I over-do the whole "getting people presents" thing, just a little too much...
It's a good thing that there aren't any more holidays in the year than there already are, otherwise I'd always be broke!

What were ya' doing in the desert?
Jus' vacating?
Which desert?

Fox

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2007, 01:23:00 PM »

Heh. I save money all year, too. Though, the way I fangirl (and spend way too much money on Zim, Oogie Boogie, and dragons), I'm surprised I was able to save as much as I did. XD

Hm..I love deserts. No humidity. ^.^

Faith

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2007, 03:44:00 PM »

I buy presents, and, a little while ago, I got myself a saddle... and, from time to time, I give some people a bit of money... and, somehow, that takes far more money than I thought it did.   :P

I've never actually seen a desert, outside of a picture.   :)
I wouldn't know if I liked 'em... except for my assumptions. And that is, that I would yearn for the woods... I like the woods, plants and how green everything gets.   ;D

"Anytihng..." huh.   :P

Dragyn

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2007, 08:04:00 PM »

I doubt I'd like/dislike deserts more than I do here.  I love it here, I just hate the snow.

Faith

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2007, 05:46:00 AM »

I like the northwest.   :)
The snow is a irritant... but I like it here, too.
The terrain is awesome.   ;D
I've don't really know what anything else is like, out there...

What places have ya'll been to?

Fox

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2007, 09:27:00 AM »

70% of the U.S. has been graced with my presence.

I HATE Texas to no end. It's always hot, humid, and just downright unpleasent. It never snows, just rains. For months on end. There's aboslutely NOTHING for miles, and the allergens are very abundant. Did I mention how hot/humid it is year-round? The humidity usually stays around 50-100% all year in our area. I just...HATE IT. I'd pick your area, Dragyn, any day.

Dragyn

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2007, 09:48:00 AM »

Oh, so would I.  I love the place, with all the trees, great summers, and the incredible amounts of wilderness to spend time in.

I've never been further south than Oregon, or more than a couple hours north into Canada.  

I'm not much for travelling...

Faith

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2007, 06:58:00 PM »

Never been in Canada, and, if I was in Oregon, nobody ever told me... that should be changing, here soon, though.
And...
For the rest of all that...
I was in Los Angeles, for a while, while my parents were selling Christmas trees in a parking lot when I was ages 2 and 3...
The thing I remember most about that, was the car trip... actually... never mind, too much to list.   ;D
It was strange, riding around in a bus full of pine trees, though... the trees made for an interesting bed.    :)
That city was not really likable, in my opinion... it was so noisy, it stank, there were rude people, everywhere, and it was really hard to go to sleep.
Then I go to Montana and Washington to visit grandparents from time to time... that's generally fun.
Once, I went someplace with Cascade... my parents had a job, by a river, there.
And... well, that is the extent of my travels.

I used to really want to travel... but now I feel more content with sticking around here.
When I was wanting to travel, it was when I wanted to just leave home... not so much of a issue, anymore.

The wildlife, forests, mountains, streams/rivers, lakes, rather small town... it's an neat place, here.   :)
Well, the town covers a lot of ground, but the majority of it isn't very compact...

Out of all the places that you've been, Dragyn, would you say were you live is the best?

Where would you want to be, then Fox?

Fox

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2007, 07:52:00 PM »

Preferably Estes Park, Colorado or Sedona, Arizona. There's no allergens(well, for me.), and it snows for Christmas. T.T

Faith

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2007, 08:24:00 PM »

Estes Park?
What's that like?
And the rest of them...
I'm not aware of most of those further out there surroundings.   ;D

bloodreaper

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2007, 11:21:00 PM »

If you don't like hot and humid, spend a summer or two fighting wildfire in the desert. Nevada and Utah are good choices.    ;)

Whenever the cold makes my joints ache or I'm uncomfortably sweaty, I just think about how much worse off I've been, and it's not so bad.   8)

That being said, I'm not planning to go back for a third season. I'm not getting any younger, and I really belong in a library or a computer room more than on a rugged, flaming mountain, breathing ash and smoke in the merciless sun. --Nice quiet air conditioned computer rooms.... ah!   ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up