Canon Fodder

• April 25, 2024, 01:02:37 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Siiiiick  (Read 6682 times)

Fox

Siiiiick
« on: November 06, 2007, 11:39:00 AM »

Ugh...I hate ranting about how I feel to other people, but honestly...I feel terrible. I don't know if it's a virus or..what..but my dad just got over a nasty stomach virus, and so far we've experianced different symptoms. So I dunno if it's that or something else. Really all it is is cramps and nausea, nothing more, but still..I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Before it's said, no, it isn't *coughgirlproblemscough*, because I don't think I've ever felt this bad. Sinus drainage isn't helping. Anyway, I don't think I'll be on untill I lick this. So..I guess see ya' all when I feel better..which I hope and pray is real soon.

Spirit Wolf

Re: Siiiiick
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 02:18:00 PM »

Being sick sucks. I hope you get well soon.

Faith

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 06:33:00 PM »

Yeah... gee...
Get well soon, Fox.   :(

Fox

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 10:21:00 AM »

Thanks. So..I am feeling better, a lot better. Several people that called said they had exactly what I got, so it is a bug. Dad and another friend just got hit harder; I'm not sure what she did, but I think the fact Dad lifted several 20+ pound bags of pecans didn't help any. XD

Anyway. The best I can describe it is almost a cross between a cold and a stomach virus, but not quite fluish feeling. It affects people differently, so while some may have diarreah, others don't. Some may throw up, but others only feel extreme nausea and lack of appetite. So...I dunno what it's called, but it's pretty icky feeling. Oh, and does it linger. It hit my dad last Wednesday and he's still a bit sluggish. Thankfully, the nausea's easing & I have a bit of an appetite back....I guess I'll just be kinda woogly and tired feeling for a little while. One thing everybody agreed on, though, is I didn't get hit full-blown..and I've been thanking God every day for that.

Dragyn

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 10:55:00 AM »

Glad to hear you're recovering.  Not many things feel worse than being sick.

Take care of yourself, and God bless.

Faith

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 10:58:00 AM »

Yeah, same here.

Glad you're feeling better.   ;)

Fox

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 12:31:00 PM »

I don't recall where it was brought up, so I'll resurrect this old topic and give an update.

Had the endoscopy today. I was awake for a bit while it was going down, so that sucked. Other than that, it went pretty good. So! All that showed was an inflamed esophagus and stomach. I'll get my results from the bloodwork and ultrasound when I go back on the 26th.

If that's all it is, that's not too bad. They all seemed relieved that it wasn't cancer or anything..so that's a good thing. Better than a big tub of good things. So I won't know anymore until the 26th. Just thought I'd share that...since, between Faith and me, it was brought up somewhere.

Faith

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 08:04:00 PM »

Hm... wait, what were you awake for?

Good to know, as for the rest of the news. I hope the other results are just as good.   ;)

bloodreaper

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 08:49:00 AM »

It's always nice to know you don't have throat cancer.

Praise the Lord, and let us pray for more good news!

Or course, if you still want some things to worry about, there's a reason heart disease and colon cancer are called silent killers.

I'm sorry.

Fox

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 09:00:00 AM »

Nah..that's okay. I knew about all of that..apparently, some nueral problems can cause it as well.

To Faith^ An endoscope is a camera they shove down your throat. I have a severe bout of insomnia at times, and no matter what I take, it's usually a bit before I fall asleep. Unfortunately for me, that goes with anastesia, too, apparently. It took about a minute longer then they wanted, but I went out pretty fast. That would be the reason I'm so sore..'cause I was slightly concious and was fighting it. XP

Faith

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2008, 03:27:00 PM »

I head the bit about what a endoscope is, but I was interested in what part of it you were awake for.

I wouldn't, myself, like being awake for something, anything, going down my throat at a will that was not my own... ugh...

Fox

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2008, 08:58:00 AM »

Ah...'twas still a bit oogy, perhaps I misunderstood. XP

Well....I'm feeling okay enough today to eat a moofie. =D With Nutella topping. x3

Faith

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2008, 04:19:00 PM »

*Laugh!!!*   :D

Moofies.... I will make moofies, well, someday... well - I've already made them - but they didn't come up to my own standards.
Family thought they were rather good, though... but then, sometimes I think they'd eat anything...
Pages: [1]   Go Up