Canon Fodder

• April 17, 2024, 11:08:18 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Bluebonnets!  (Read 9184 times)

Fox

Bluebonnets!
« on: March 17, 2008, 07:36:00 AM »

Went on our now-annual bluebonnet hunt today. We're still in Brenham, and we're on the road..so I might lose the Verizon signal every now & then..I'll post a couple now and edit this later with more.

Warning....kind of big!

Faith

Re: Bluebonnets!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 03:15:00 PM »

Heh.   ;D

It sure is pretty there...

What, exactly, are you doing?
And why?

Fox

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 07:35:00 PM »

Yeah..and they're not even in full bloom. I just wish we didn't have to drive 3 hours to get there. >.<

I'm taking pictures of flowers. Why? Because I can. =D Actually..my dad started it. Last year, I had an Olympus camera, and had just got my Nikon the previous September..so I was getting serious about photography at that point. My dad suggested we go out searching for bluebonnets..'cause it's the state flower and people like to take pictures. So this year, we invited Jennifer and my cousin to come along..'cause we all had new cameras. x3 I hope to enter a few in the fair..especially the bee ones.

I can't do much right now....and no pointing out typos, please. My cat thought it would be fun to take out a large chunk of my finger..and I've got it bandaged up pretty good. (it's not enough to need stitches, but it's deep enough to where, if I had moved just a little to the side, it probably would've exposed some bone....) Had no idea cats could slash that deep into flesh....>.< Anyway. That's prohibiting me from doing some stuff....but I'll try to get more pictures up tomorrow.

allicat

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 03:51:00 PM »

Yowch. I didn't know cats could do that either. Your kiity must've had a bad hair-day!

Fox

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 07:07:00 PM »

Sam.....has freakishly sharp claws anyway..but dang. She was just playing, really..and I'm not mad at her. It's those scratches that sting for days and are in a more inconvinient area that I hate. XD I'm used to my hands getting torn apart, though. I have all sorts of battle scars from my wrists to the tip of my fingers. Most are from cats, but my lizards played a huge part in scarring, too. Others had to do with fishing incidents. (twice I got sliced with a fillet knife...why I was playing with them, who knows. Another time I had gored my had with one of those rings that had popped loose..it went right under the bone, but tore some tendons and muscles instead. To this day I have pain in that area.)

Dragyn

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 08:37:00 AM »

Hmm...nice pictures you have, there.  Interesting choices.  I think I like the "bee one."  That, and the one that has the center in focus, and the foreground and background are a bit out of focus.  I like that one, too.  I have no idea why.

Hmm...I will never understand playing with sharp objects...good luck with that.

Fox

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 08:47:00 AM »

Yeah..those seemed to be favorites amongst others, too. I need to toy with manual focussing/lighting/whatnot..I always use auto. Jennifer did that, though, and some were a little too bright....and I never read my instruction booklet..yet alone finished my photography lessons. XD

Hm....despite all the.."incidents"..I had as a child with knives, I still have a passion for pointy things. I'm just slightly messed up, in that sense. XD

mrlddragon

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 07:20:00 PM »

o.=.O *a bit queezy from all the gore mentioned*

wow...  your hands and wrists must be oblivious to pain by now

nice "bee one" and the one that's close up. that one's nice too

Faith

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 10:25:00 PM »

One of those rings that had popped loose?
What rings?

Hm... I can only see the tops of most of those pictures, right now... so...
*Waiting...*

Heh... I'm usually the one who gets all sorts of little cuts and such, and probably because I kinda do more stuff that'll likely get me those things, anyway... but I think I've been fair lucky, 'cuz I don't tend to get hurt, to any major extent. I've never had a stitch put on me... (though perhaps I might-should have, by some's standards... but, really, they weren't all that bad) no sprains, or broken bones, almost nothing really considerable as serious...

Once a dog bit my face... my finger was squashed a little in a door, I got a kinda bad road-burn on my shoulder, then there was once a somewhat deep cut on my right foot under a toe and then there was that one time I fell down our front-porch stairs and hit my head... those... are my worst injuries, as I recall.   :P

Aw... all that time and the two surrounding second-to-last didn't show. >.<
Hm... maybe they'll load, later.

Fox

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 02:18:00 PM »

The camera used takes a lot of memory..so by "big" I didn't mean just the size. Sorry about that. ^^;

@mrld - Sooorrryyy. Un yah....I have a slight immunity to pain. (anything that happens on the surface, anyway. The last 5 months have been near unbearable. >.<) My dad was changing a lightbulb once..but it was too hot for him. I suggested that I do it, but he went to get a glove instead. When he got back I was holding it. =D The dialouge was somewhat humorous, too.
Dad: *walks in* .... You..unscrewed it? With your bare hands?
Me: *holding bulb, which is still hot* Yes. =D
Dad: It's a 125 watt bulb. o.O
Me: I know. =D ..... Wanna hold it?
Dad: No. No I do not. *backs away a little bit*

Anywho. I'd like to make some prints of these..they'd make nifty mousepads and such. The bee one is especially cool because I didn't even use macro. x3 It'd be neater if I had..but I can't afford such a lense. Filters aren't that bad, though. I might get a couple of them next outing. ^_^ ('specially since it's always so darn overcast around here...>.<)

Faith

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2008, 09:57:00 PM »

Would it be an unvavorable desicion to continue with the question as to what the ring-thing is?..

Hey, I can see the bee-one, now! ^_^
That'n is neat.   ;)

Fox

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2008, 08:12:00 PM »

If I knew what you meant by "ring thing", I probably would have answered by now. I just forgot to ask what the heck you meant in my previous post. XP

Faith

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2008, 09:31:00 PM »

Heh.   ;D
Sorry...

Quote:
I had gored my had with one of those rings that had popped loose...

What exactly was the ring thing that you were referring to?...

Fox

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 09:45:00 AM »

Oh..duh. XD The rings the line goes through in a fishing rod.

Faith

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2008, 09:21:00 AM »

Oh... ow.   ;D
Heh. Well, can't say I've heard that one, before...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up