Canon Fodder

• April 27, 2024, 09:29:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Cooking!  (Read 11921 times)

Fox

Cooking!
« on: March 30, 2008, 09:51:00 AM »

We've gotten on the subject of cooking/baking quite a bit, and I hate to keep rambling about food in the comic boards. ^^;

So..Anothartist has a cooking thread. So can we! =D What do you like cooking/cooked recently/plan on cooking/favorite dishes/foods period....that kind of stuff. ^_^

On the topic of cheesecakes..back in another thread....I finally found one I'd like to make. It's a lemon-blueberry cheesecake. :B Dad and I might try that tomorrow..if he wants to. If not I'll just do it by me onsey. ^_^

Past dishes I liked were a spaghetti carbanara..also by Tyler Florence. (in the cheesecake link above) Other than that..we usually use our own recipes. Pastas/lasagna, pizza, casserole, chili, and various grilled meats are favorites. (I also tried out a nifty white pizza experiment that turned out really good..so good that my uncle & cousin tried it out, too. =D)

Favorite foods & dishes of mine usually are pizzas, salmon, shellfish, and veggies. I do loooooove salmon. <3 (salmon/lobster pizza rules)

Faith

Re: Cooking!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 09:59:00 PM »

Heh...   ;D

I like cooking: food... really, I just like to cook. ^_^
I have recently cooked: monster cookies and tarts at my neighbor's, last Saturday. 'Twas fun.
I plan on cooking: Hm... many, many things...   :P  In the nearest future, I'd say cheesecake attempts, chili verde fedeo, pies of a random selection, random cookies, breads and buns (I'm gonna' try to convince my parents to buy yeast, 'cuz they never have, before... which is slightly depressing, in my opinion.   :P  ) and... one day... I will figure out that darned moofie... (every time I try, well, our muffin-tin is a little small, for what I'm trying... so they kinda... die. But I'll figure it out, somehow!) also whatever else pops up.  
My favorite dishes/foods: ... I'm not gonna' even try to list them all. >.< Food is generally good.
However, I particularly don't like some foods...

Mm... that looks really good.   ;D
I think I'll try that...
Hey, maybe this is a good topic to re-inquire about that cheesy brownie recipe... ?

Later:

I've been baking; cupcakes and cookies, with somebody's having a birthday, today, in mind.   ;D
I'd say who, since the forum generally says so, anyway... but it doesn't say.   :P
*Wonders if this was on purpose... probably.*
So I'm not sure if the person minds.
? ? ?
Well, happy birthday, anonymous...   ;D

Dragyn

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 08:37:00 AM »

I am...Anonymous!

Actually, I just told it to never tell people when it's my birthday.  Why?  'Cuz I felt like it.

I rather avoid telling anybody when my birthday is.  I dunno' why, really.

As for cooking, I'm probably gonna' make brownies sometime soon...not this week, but maybe next week...

I eat anything that isn't seafood, 'cuz seafood is blech. (To me, anyway.  You're all free to like it if you, well, like.)

Fox

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 02:36:00 PM »

Heh..if I had known it was your birthday I would've drawn something for ya'. =p

Mm..brownies..that sounds good. Dwayne & I were gonna make cookies today, but a storm blew in & we couldn't get the stuff needed. D= Oh well. Maybe some other time. :>

Faith

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 12:56:00 PM »

Heh... ':)
Sorry, I kinda blew your cover... >.<
Though you actually did the telling...   :)  
Mind if I do it, next year?   ;D

I think seafood and fish're kinda blech, also (the majority of "some foods") but my dad really likes it, so I kinda have to deal with it...   :P
It's either that or go pretty much a whole camping trip without food, since Dad always has fish, then... >.<
Maybe one of these days I'll get my own food, and bring it along...

I like storms... I want another Spring storm to show up... I really like the lightning... and the rain... and the wind... ^_^
Though it's destructive tendancies aren't always so great.   :P
Like the falling of trees right in our yard...

Dragyn

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 08:46:00 AM »

Or the falling of trees onto power lines...

Nah, I'll probably have the forum stop hiding it, now, anyway.  Go ahead.

Faith

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 05:21:00 PM »

Heh.   ;D

Well... sometimes it's a lot of fun, when they power goes out. Actually, I've really fond memories of using candles for light and watching the lightning, and such.   :)
But, when I really want to use the Internet, and/or it stays down for some number of days, it's annoying.   :P
Ya' know?
Or am I just nuts?... >.<

Fox

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 05:26:00 PM »

Nah. I know the feeling. I've got some really cool lightnight pictures, as a matter of fact. I should put 'em up sometime, if we ever find the files. (a lot were lost during crashes. :/ )

On the topic....we're making some kind of chocolate cookies with cream cheese tomorrow. =D It's a Paula Dean recipe. You can't go wrong with a Paula Dean recipe. <3

Dragyn

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 12:08:00 PM »

Who?

Faith

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2008, 04:18:00 PM »

Heh.   ;D

Yeah, who?

Fox

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2008, 05:42:00 PM »

She's got a show on Food Network. She's pretty cool...uses butter in EVERYTHING. x3

Cookies turned out great, btw.

Faith

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 03:49:00 PM »

Heh.   ;D

What was the recipe, or do you have it/remember it?

Fox

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2008, 04:54:00 PM »

1 (8-ounce) brick cream cheese, room temperature
1 stick butter, at room temperature
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (18-ounce) box moist chocolate cake mix
Confectioners' sugar, for dusting

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in the egg. Then beat in the vanilla extract. Beat in the cake mix. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to firm up so that you can roll the batter into balls. Roll the chilled batter into tablespoon sized balls and then roll them in confectioner's sugar. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake 12 minutes. The cookies will remain soft and "gooey." Cool completely and sprinkle with more confectioners' sugar, if desired.

Huzzah for copy/paste. XD

Dragyn

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2008, 08:24:00 PM »

Huh...I think we have all that stuff...

Maybe later in the week...

Faith

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2008, 04:24:00 PM »

Heh.   ;D

Er, what is the ballerina-guy about?

It bothers me when recipes call for other recipes of the pre-made, boxed type... >.<
Then you have to look up the other recipe...

However it does sound good... ^_^
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up