Canon Fodder

• March 28, 2024, 11:50:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Microsoft Pants (TM)  (Read 4164 times)

bloodreaper

Microsoft Pants (TM)
« on: September 25, 2008, 03:53:00 PM »

D's new computer runs on Vista.

For your amusement and enlightenment I present:

Micrtosoft Pants by Baron Felblood

MP: Now Entering the Bathroom; Are you sure you want to enter the Bathroom?

User: Yes.

MP: You do not have permission to enter the bathroom; Do you want to ask an administrator for permission?

MP: Administrator! Someone Has asked permission to enter the Bathroom! Do you wish to allow this!?

MP: You now have permission to inter the bathroom! Do you still want to enter the bathroom?

MP: New updates are available for Windows Pants!!! Do you wish to install these updates now!?

User: Later.

MP: You are attempting to undo your pants! Are you sure you want to undo your pants?

User: Yes!

MP: You do not have permission to access Microsoft Belt (TM). Do you want to ask an administrator for permission?

User:Yes!

MP:Administrator! Someone is attempting to use Microsoft Belt V1.0001.11301.0000.00001!! Do you wish to allow this!?

User: Yes!

MP: You now have permission to undo your pants. Do you still wish to undo your pants?

User: YES!

MP: Highly invasive sensors indicate that it is now too late to use the bathroom. You are now exiting the bathroom.

User: ...

====

I hope I never need to do anything in a hurry, with this thing.

This is the "business" version of the OS (He compared feature sets, and picked the one that had the options he wanted.) however I think the culture that invented the "business format" letter, must surely get fed up with all this asking and re-asking. If commas and indents are too many keystrokes, all that pounding on the Enter key has to be driving them mad.

Faith

Re: Microsoft Pants (TM)
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 10:18:00 PM »

*Snrk*

That sounds... interestinf... XD

Good luck with that.
How much did it cost?

bloodreaper

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 05:43:00 AM »

I don't know what the OS costs on it's own. he got it packaged with the box.

It's everything I hated about moving up to XP, but twice as much.

You are not allowed to do anything, including give yourself permission to do anything.

It doesn't get along with the XP machines already in the network at all, and it seems to be monumentally troublesome to do the smallest things.

Trying to give yourself permission to do something, without letting the entire internet also have permission, appears to be an exerciser in futility. Everyone has access or nobody does.

Somewhere in this poorly documented monstrosity, ther is probably a button that does what I want, but isn't the point of a Windows OS that you don't need a year of IT training to use it?

Fox

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 11:01:00 AM »

Okay. That made me giggle. =3

Breanna's computer runs on Vista...and I hate it. The main reason I don't like it..is because I can't play older games like Puzzle Bobble & Delta Force on it. :C

Dragyn

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 02:13:00 PM »

I did manage to make it stop verifying everything I did, so it's not quite as extreme as it was.

It still annoys me, though.

bloodreaper

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 07:30:00 PM »

With the newer patches, I can make it run UFO: Afterlight, by setting the compatibility mode to Windows XP, so I can't complain there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up