Canon Fodder

• April 25, 2024, 05:53:08 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: PE Q&A  (Read 28078 times)

Faith

Re: PE Q&A
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2008, 07:43:00 PM »

If you have a plan for one you should definitely start it.
People's first few strips usually aren't that great in appearances, from the ones that I've read, when compared to their later ones... people get better, why should you be any different?

And, you're great at thinking up lines just on a random and normal basis. That's kinda one of the main things, I think...
Also you can draw well, and have a lot of characters, which nobody'll know about unless you share 'em.

I would read it...   ;D

bloodreaper

« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2008, 12:47:00 AM »

Not know what it would be about, or what sort of content it might have you're going to commit to reading it, just to get me to make it?

That doesn't strike me as terribly wise. What if it's a Sci-Fi Fantasy story, rife with ultra-violence, and bloodshed?

jigsawforte

« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2008, 08:54:00 AM »

Sept 14, 2008, 2:47am, <font color="ff0033">bloodreaper</font> wrote:
That doesn't strike me as terribly wise. What if it's a Sci-Fi Fantasy story, rife with ultra-violence, and bloodshed?

Well then, I'd have to accuse you of horning in on my territory.   ;)

Seriously though, there's a market for almost any kind of story, done right. You'd be surprised.

(btw, Thanks for the link, Dragyn!)

Faith

« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2008, 06:29:00 PM »

*Laugh!!!*   :D

Aw, what's wrong with that?   :P
I think I know you well enough to be able to expect at least some of the basic content. '=J

Heh!
I like your avatar.   ;D

Well, hiya'.
Have some welcoming karma. ^_^

bloodreaper

« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2008, 09:23:00 PM »

I wouldn't really call Last Resort "ultra-violent".

Definitely violent, but not in an intense, gratuitous, or continuous way.

Build-up, plot and characterization are really the corner stones of your work. The violence is just there to bring out the different aspects of your characters for the reader to see, unless I am completely mis-reading it.

Strangely enough, that's actually more like what I was planning to do, but with a much broader scope, and a slower rate of introducing new characters (seriously, your cast page is tiny compared to your actual cast. How is the new reader supposed to absorb all these identities?). One way or another, your turf is mine.

Granted, I plan on  more graphic violence, with a more decompressed art style, particularly around the fight scenes, but Last Resort does have a lot in common with what I was planning to do.

--and yeah, I already read Last Resort because D told me to. It's good stuff.

Edit:Removed a rogue line-break, which crept into the post, unnoticed.

Dragyn

« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2008, 05:33:00 AM »

Hey, useful links should be exploited.

And while I do see some similarities 'tween you guys' work, they're different enough to draw different crowds.  While sure, some of the audience might spill over, I'm pretty sure there'd be 'nuff to go around.

jigsawforte

« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2008, 06:40:00 AM »

Sept 15, 2008, 7:33am, <font color="dd00bb">Dragyn</font> wrote:
Hey, useful links should be exploited.

And while I do see some similarities 'tween you guys' work, they're different enough to draw different crowds.  While sure, some of the audience might spill over, I'm pretty sure there'd be 'nuff to go around.

I'm not concerned about competition so much at this point just because of how unusual the comic is in general, anyway. A couple similar comics just makes mine look more normal.

bloodreaper

« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2008, 06:11:00 PM »

So, it's like joining a DnD club, in high school; between the guy who eats glue, the kid who keeps telling anti-semitic jokes, and the girl with the fangs, whatever quirks you might have are completely camouflaged.

Plus, you get some weird friends.

Dragyn

« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2008, 05:16:00 AM »

Sure, we can go with that...

Faith

« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2008, 09:10:00 PM »

*Laugh!!!*   :D

I'm not entirely sure how that ties together... but... yeah... XD
So long as I don't end up eating glue.    ;D

I think there are reasons I don't heard about that kind of club, at HS, any, if that was the situation...  
Weird friends're okay, though...

bloodreaper

« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2008, 03:27:00 AM »

I heard that they got rubbed out, politically, after I left.

--Even after we quit playing DnD for Raza Centari, still the crazy Spanish teacher persecuted us. There is something seriously wrong with that woman.

--And we didn't actually have a glue eating kid. The other two are actually perfectly true, though.

The girl in question apparently got dental surgery and braces, which straitened her teeth right out. Probably for the best, as people like the Neo-nazi guy (who was also the resident Monty Python quoter) tended to make an annoying number of vampire jokes. I mean, I was only around her when we were at meetings and I got sick to death of them.

I don't know how she put up with it.

Faith

« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2008, 07:57:00 PM »

*Snrk*

Politically rubbed out?
How/why?

Hehehe... Is that the same Spanish teacher as is there, today?...

Huh... that's too bad... fangs would've been awesome. XD
I'd've kept 'em...

bloodreaper

« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2008, 08:45:00 PM »

Short, spactic, asian woman, with curly hair? Plump and culturally enamored enough to usually be mistaken for Mexican?

Tabletop RPG clubs are generally seen as a breeding ground for school shootings and satanic, suicide cults, without adequate justification. When they were quietly informed they could no longer hold their meetings in classrooms, at lunch, or under the supervision of the teacher that started the group, they simply dissolved. They didn't ban the game outright, just strangled it with piles of petty rules.

I feel kind of sorry about that, since finding a place where even a weirdo like me is welcomed, so long as he's willing to roll some dice, really helped me get through high-school without killing anyone.

Dragyn

« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2008, 02:30:00 PM »

It's sad how very, very stupid administration is at its finest...

Though, Uh..

Topic, people!

The next page of PE is forthcoming.  It's inked, and mostly colored.  Id've worked on it more, today, but Blood pointed out (intelligently) that I should probably do homework instead of comic.

So, homework is done, comic next.

Faith

« Reply #74 on: September 19, 2008, 02:24:00 PM »

Heh...

(Yup. Sr. H., here, I guess.

That's depressing... you'd think those kinds of cults or groups wouldn't join up in a school-environment like that, they'd want to be more selective and have private meetings, to prevent being caught... any way that kind of club would be used, then, might be to invite other members, as they come into it, but they can do that in or out of the meetings, just as easily.
I'm pointing out obvious things now... that happens when something irritates me... >.<

I don't think I'd have the heart to kill someone else, on purpose. Though my clumsiness may be considered an uncontrollable a weapon of mass destruction...)

Heh... oops. ':D

Neat.   :D
Ya' think it'll be up, this weekend?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up