Canon Fodder

• May 06, 2024, 05:17:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Teleporting  (Read 9690 times)

Dragyn

Teleporting
« on: July 19, 2008, 05:22:00 PM »

This is a wallpaper, available in Beastling's Extras page.

As always, comments and critiques are welcome.

Faith

Re: Teleporting
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 10:22:00 AM »

Where is it in the Extras page?
Also, all but the Train and Vapyr are labeled Nicolas in the box that shows up when you put the arrow over it.

I really like it.   :)
The detail on the chain, necklace and lighting is really neat. You're getting better with these things.
I wish I could do the same with the computer... >.<
I'd only critique a few things... though I'm not sure that they really matter, or that you'd really want to know.

Gr... I wish I knew what it said, in that language of yours!   :P  
Ya' know, one of these days, I'll figure that language out...   ;D  

Dragyn

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 01:03:00 PM »

Ya' know, when someone asks for critique, that usually means they want to know...    :P

Uh...by the sounds of it, you're looking in PE instead of Beastling's Extras.  Though, I'm curious as to why it'd say Nikolas...

I'll have to look into that...

(DONE)

Oh.  Oops...

I'll fix that when I have access to the proper files.

Fox

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 02:53:00 PM »

Hey, nice to see some Beastling again. :3

Looks really nice. Is it just all the swirls of green & purple playing tricks on my watery eyes, or is there a bit of purple in the shadows? 83

The only critique I really have are his wings. It looks like they're sticking straight out, instead of having the "shoulder and elbow"; unless they're just spread out & I can't tell. ._.

Dragyn

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 08:13:00 AM »

Shoulder and elbow?

Yes, the shadows are, in fact, purple and green.  I was wondering whether the effect would work...

Faith

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 10:28:00 AM »

But of course, my brilliance called me elsewhere.   :P

Well... if you're sure you want it...
It's mainly his chest. It looks like there's a very sharp angle, on it, not a very smooth curve from it to the stomach. And his left forefoot looks larger than the right forefoot.
Also, I'm wondering if it's just you're style, or an experiment... but that the pupil is gray, and a line around it is black, is a little hard to consider normal. Maybe that's just the way the lighting is supposed to work, though, I'm not sure, I just would expect the lighting to do something a little different. But then what, with the dim lighting appearance surrounding him...
And it doesn't by any means look bad. I just think it's a little confusing.

Over all, I really like it.   :)
I could pin point the individual things I do like, and that would take care of the fact that I build such a list while critiquing... but I'm not trying to bore you all too death.   :P
Not on purpose, anyway...

Fox

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 12:55:00 PM »

Jul 23, 2008, 10:13am, <font color="dd00bb">Dragyn</font> wrote:
Shoulder and elbow?

If you notice, wings have a sort of arm-like structure to them. There's the "shoulder", where it starts..and the "elbow", where it first bends. The top part(and second bend) being the "wrist and hand".

That's what people kept telling me, anyway. >.>;

Faith

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 09:40:00 AM »

Heh...
That's what I personally do, but some people do it and others don't.
I'unno. I guess it's just what they want to do. That's what works for birds and bats, anyway...
However insects still confuse me, greatly...
Apparently it's been the same for the U.S. army. They've been making smaller and smaller devices meant to fly and carry a video-camera... and last I heard they wanted to make one based off of an insect, a fly, to be exact, but they were having difficulties in reproducing an insect's flight pattern. They figure that their the ability to fly has something to do with how they fan their wings, and turn them at the first joint to the body, pushing and pulling air, and such, but that's not been so easy to reconstruct, mechanically, from the sounds of it...
Whoops... leave it to me to be talking about how somebody draws wings to start rambling about the flight patterns of insects and the U.S. government's intent to incorporate them for technology...

Anyway... ... ...
Ya' know... for some reason it amuses me, greatly, to imagine Beastling flying about like a fly... ... ...  complete with "Buzzzzzzz" sounds...
... ... ...
On second thought, maybe I've just crossed the line...
I think I'm done talking, now.

Fox

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2008, 10:22:00 AM »

Jul 25, 2008, 11:40am, Faith wrote:
Ya' know... for some reason it amuses me, greatly, to imagine Beastling flying about like a fly... ... ...

*snrk*

Dragyn

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2008, 12:37:00 PM »

Yeah.  That's weird.

Huh.  Beastling's wings do have the mid-joint, though in this case it extended out full, so ya' can't see it.  I suppose the joint should still be visible, but...ah well.  I don't usually draw it, anyway, just curve the lines that for his wings.

Faith

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2008, 07:37:00 PM »

Hehehehe...

*Bows.*
'Tis what I do best.   :P
(Be weird, not imagine Beastling buzzing around fly-style... just for the possibility that some of you might wonder... ... ... >.<)

Well, I think it looks neat. You make that joint small, anyway, in skeletal structures... like on K'os's transparent wing.

When you did the affects on the lighting, did you just add layers of transparent color using the same technique as I've seen you use, with greyscale, just with color?

Dragyn

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2008, 08:57:00 AM »

Er...what?

If I understood that right, then yes.  I made a semi-transparent layer of purple, duplicated it and turned the new layer red, and added to it, then duplicated that layer, turned it green, made it even more transparent, and added more.

Is that what you were asking?

Faith

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2008, 03:07:00 PM »

Yeah.
(Yay - you could kinda understand me!   :D  )

And I try so hard to be comprehendable...   :P

So, this was an experiment - the lighting/shading whatever you wanted to call it?

Dragyn

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2008, 12:35:00 PM »

Yup, pretty much.

Faith

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2008, 09:19:00 AM »

Well, it was succesful.   ;)

I miss Paint. net. >.<

How much space does it take on the computer, again?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up