Canon Fodder

• May 06, 2024, 05:30:23 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yar! I am moving!  (Read 9612 times)

bloodreaper

Re: Yar! I am moving!
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2008, 12:25:00 PM »

It isn't nice to offer advice, unless you actually have some.    :'(

Dragyn

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2008, 02:46:00 PM »

Hmm...shouldn't we be able to see the base of the grip sticking out of his lower hand?  

A 6 made of lightning bolts?  And here I'd just assumed it was a series of jagged scars...

Dark Lord of Chocolate vs Possessed Jello...hmmm...

Faith

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2008, 01:04:00 PM »

*Laugh!!!*   :D

Okay, then, your choice.

Well... his neck is a bit... beefy.
Maybe it's the way the back of the head appears to connect (I think it should actually curve in a little, there... and that line would probably be covered in hair, considering his hair's appearance) and the lack of shading might add to it.
And I'd take some off the front of the neck, too, changing the curve to where it goes out and then in, only a bit, like I think most necks do. Then the shoulders slope up too much and connect a bit higher than I'd consider normal, making the neck seem even stockier, being shorter.

Next the forearm seems a bit large to be attached to the rest of the arm, or that body, even. The upper arm has a line over the elbow that'd best be less visible, I think. Usually I'd suggest shading, for that, even if you're going to use only one two tones to represent light. And the hand appears a little chunky, especially with the highlight, is lacking much in knuckles and bares smallish fingers...

Lastly...
Well... the line that shows his side, seen below his left arm... well... it makes him look a bit rotund, below the torso.

That was only actually 3. Really. >.<

Well, Dragyn... not that your little trailing statement about The Dark Lord of Chocolate and Possessed Jello was disturbing or anything... but are you planning something with that, and should we be warned?   :P  

bloodreaper

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2008, 04:03:00 PM »

Well, they can't all be thin and fit and have perfect posture, can they?

Stocky, bull necked and hunched is sort of what I'm going for.

If I do strip out all the shading, I'm going to have to get much better and fancier with my highlights, which may well defeat the purpose.

The grip of his gun should protrude low enough to be visible. That's what I get for designing the thing after I drew it. That's clearly the wrong way around.

Faith

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2008, 01:36:00 PM »

Well... those things are fine.
Sorry, I'm just trying to say... I guess I think it doesn't fit, some things, somehow... it doesn't fit to the rest of it, in places... er... but... maybe that's what you wanted?.. maybe I should stop, now?..
Or maybe I should've said nothing...

Sorry. I usually don't like being a critique because I get too detailed...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up