Canon Fodder

• May 06, 2024, 05:45:27 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: The New Avatar Showcase  (Read 25445 times)

bloodreaper

The New Avatar Showcase
« on: September 08, 2008, 07:50:00 AM »

Here's the deal:

Every time you get a new avitar, post a heads up here and mention what your new avitar is supposed to be.

This serves a dual purpose of drawing attention to your work, and helping people keep track of who had what avitar, and when.

My new avitar is an animated .gif that cycles through three differnt symbols. Two of them are Jolly Roger (one a sci-fi variant), one is a black dragon, on a yellow and red diamond, and one is a three pointed star thingy on a green backround.

Faith

Re: The New Avitar Showcase
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 07:50:00 PM »

Heh.   ;D

I was just thinking... mine I've had since I first got on, and is, what, three years old now? Well, here's a bit that's supposed to have a rose and... I'unno, sparkly things.

One very irritating thing about making this sort of stuff on Windows Paint is that I have to do the gradient and shading bits all by hand, so I look at what I did in the corners, for example, and know that anyone with a different program can do that in a couple of seconds, and it kinda irks me.   :P
But oh well, it was fun.   :D

A sci-fi variant?...

Fox

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 07:44:00 AM »

I like MSPaint. :< Honestly..it takes me longer to work in Photoshop than in Paint. x3

Also..I can't see your avatar, Faith. I'm guessing it might be Photobucket's fault? You might wanna try ImageShack.us. Sometimes it acts up, though..but not nearly as bad as Photobucket. ('course..I dislike both at times..which is why I made a secret page on my website for stuff like that)

Anywho. I was eager to finish that last Theme so I could use Hatchet for my avatar, now. :B

Dragyn

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 12:29:00 PM »

My former avatar was a changing image of Beastling, Demon, Kheros, and the Barbed-wire demon, Rekkon, who I doubt will actually appear in PE.

My new (current) avatar is the Dark Lord of Chocolate, who I drew in Paint.Net on the college campus in about a half hour, then went ahead and turned him into a "why I like layers" rant, which I'll link to elsewhere in here.

Faith

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 05:24:00 PM »

Heh.   ;D

@ Fox: I'unno. I don't like it as much. I've made some things on it... but don't like the way they look, so much. I really like certain things about Paint.Net, and want to use it, more. *Shrugs.*
Like... I don't like the lines Windows Paint makes... they're not faded, and they don't have transparency, and the pixilated appearance bothers me, so I got through hand fade it by hand, 'cuz I'm that strange.   :P

@ Dragyn: Heh.
Yours was almost as old as mine was...   ;D

Oh? Heh. I'm interested...
And wonder where The Dark Lord of Chocolate came from.
?

Fox

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 10:11:00 AM »

I use it mostly for sketching, but it's my primary tool for doing things such as emoticons & avatars.

I change my avatar too much. >.o Hey..can this go for siggies, too? 'Cause I changed my signature..and I'll likely get some more of these things. =3 The only thing I know about these are..more clicks = more cuteness.

Faith

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 02:26:00 PM »

What is it supposed to be?...

Fox

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 02:46:00 PM »

The avatar is a varactyl, a creature from Star Wars ep III.

The things on my signature are...um..*looks it up*..Varanius(green one) and Chimaera. When you click on them, you can "feed" them. They'll hatch when their level reaches a certain point.

Faith

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 06:12:00 PM »

Really? Neat... how/why?
How much would it take for them to hatch?

Fox

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 07:17:00 PM »

Not sure why..but they are cute once they hatch. :3 Not sure how high they need to be to hatch..but when you click it, it has an option of various foods to give 'em..and that's how they grow. x3

bloodreaper

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 01:57:00 AM »

Faith: I don't see the avi in question.

Dragyn: I fear no chocolate! Let them come! Moria  will be ours again!

Fox: I'd have never guessed varactyl; I just figured it was some unusual sort of dragon or gryphon.

Maybe it's just my Dwarf Fortress strained eyes, but the fill artifacts are kind of painful.

EDIT: Having seen the larger picture in the other thread I now know that these are, in fact, resizing artifacts and the coloring was appearently done with a brush in several coats (but not of course in separate layers).I blame the ASCII art.

I have left the original post intact, so as to facilitate your ridiculing me. Never Say I never gave you anything.

You know, if you used Photoshop layers, and a magic wand select to carry the outlines between layers, those would be a lot easier to clean up, but you could still use pour fill for most of your coloring.

That's why I like layers. I hate those bloody fill artifacts. I just hate 'em!

We will, eventually, stop preaching the gospel of layers at you, if you ask. Maybe.

Self: You didn't actually think this thread would stay small enough to serve as a funtional archive did you? You poor, deluded fool.

Fox

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 09:02:00 AM »

No idea who that last bit was directed at, but considering you're going back to layers..I'd assume it was me. *shrug*

Anywho. I'm really just now getting the hang of Nexus..so I haven't really practiced much with other creatures. That and I had no reference. >.< (unless you were referring to his color..which I doubt....) His legs aren't really very lizard-like, either..but ah well. I guess it's time to start doing some sketches..that seems to help.

Faith

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 11:23:00 PM »

*Laugh!!!*   :D

No, it was him. =J

I know... I can't get Photobucket to work... >.<
Should've asked Dragyn while he was on.   :P

Oh well, here's the picture:

Dragyn

Re: The New Avatar Showcase
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2008, 08:49:00 AM »

There.  You didn't have the URL listed in the right box in your profile page.

I fixed it for you.  I can't do anything about the minor resizing, 'cuz this forum only allows avatars up to 100 x 100, and yours is 110 x 106, full size.  

Faith

Re: The New Avatar Showcase
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2008, 09:39:00 AM »

*Shurgs*
Didn't think about that. It looked about the right size, though.   :P    :)

Just the little sparkly things are a bit off, really.

Thanks, Dragyn. ^_^
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up