Canon Fodder

• May 18, 2024, 10:55:45 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: 100 Themes -- Blood  (Read 31464 times)

bloodreaper

Re: 100 Themes -- Blood
« Reply #105 on: October 12, 2009, 06:10:00 PM »

Double posting! Ha!   :P

I'm back in the game, with "67%'!

I've been working on this since before the spriting project (--which isn't yet definitely canceled, though I might learn flash or something, before I go back to that, which I'm not presently planning to do.)

A lot of experiments have gone into this, and not all of them were successes, but I learned a lot, and that was the actual point, so I can't really call this a failure either.

Artemis returns with her own action scene, and has broken her previous record. She managed to get mistaken for a man before I even uploaded the pic.

How do you tell with armored gun-borgs, anyway?

Faith

« Reply #106 on: October 14, 2009, 01:48:00 PM »

*Laugh!!!*   :D

Hm...
The perspective is a lot of fun. You're always doing really neat things, with those. XD

Maybe it's in the build and the face.

bloodreaper

« Reply #107 on: October 14, 2009, 09:23:00 PM »

The armor didn't come out as bulky as planned. Idealally there shouldn't be any "build" as such.

I've got some ideas about where I went wrong on the face, too. though it's hard to explain without making a new version of the image with different layers toggled.

Faith

« Reply #108 on: October 15, 2009, 09:09:00 AM »

Heh. =J

It's neat all the same.

bloodreaper

« Reply #109 on: April 04, 2010, 05:33:00 AM »

It's been to long since anybody around here uploaded any art, so I'm going to get the ball rolling.

Mother Nature is actually a drawing of one of Tim's characters, from the Shadow Wolf game we're developing.

Even though Mitz Aeori, the vengeful forest sprite, isn't one of the characters I've been asked to animate, I got inspired by his back-story and drew this.

Don't treat this like cannon or plot spoilers or whatever, as I don't think he even had guns at the time of the fire. This is basically fan art.

Dragyn

« Reply #110 on: April 04, 2010, 07:31:00 AM »

Heh, non-canon, sure, but still awesome.

Of course, it could be an entirely different forest burning in the background, then it might even manage to be canon.

bloodreaper

« Reply #111 on: April 05, 2010, 03:16:00 PM »

--Or he could be fighting a giant, cyborg dragon.

Dragyn

« Reply #112 on: April 05, 2010, 05:36:00 PM »

Heh.  This is true...

Faith

« Reply #113 on: April 09, 2010, 05:43:00 PM »

*Laugh!!!*   :D

Hey, that's really neat.   ;D
I don't know what that backstory is, obviously, but now I'm interested...   :P

Geez, I really should do something... XD
But today was the first and only day I actually get almost completetly at my expense all SB. XD
Otherwise it's the ten hour days at the tree nursery, church or Track and such. Heh.   :P
Today I came from my friend's birthday celebration and went to a Children's Church teacher's meeting. That was all. The rest was spent sleeping and looking at thinkgeek.com and other things on the Internet. XD
Oh, and I did some work on the sprite critter that I said I would do...
Heh...
Sorry 'bout all that delay. I'll try and make more time for that.

bloodreaper

« Reply #114 on: April 12, 2010, 04:02:00 PM »

Hey, I'm working 10 hour days and failing to deliver a steady stream of sprite, too.

DW just can't find good help these days.

Of course, if he could afford to pay us, we wouldn't need jobs.   :P

Dragyn

« Reply #115 on: April 12, 2010, 06:56:00 PM »

Yeah.  No rush, though.  I've got a lot of work to do, myself, as well.

Faith

« Reply #116 on: April 13, 2010, 05:09:00 AM »

*Laugh!!!* XD

I would still be in school, though.   :P

Hahaha.
Okay.
Well, you don't have to be worried about being swamped, at least.   ;D

Fox

« Reply #117 on: May 05, 2010, 11:53:00 AM »

..And I'm just compulsively drawing, as always. :U I really need a better job...not many people, where I live, are willing to pay a freelance photographer. (mostly because I KNOW everybody, in town..and they expect me to do it, for free)

Seriously though, Blood. I envy your ability to draw guns. Really. Think you could spare some of that talent?

bloodreaper

« Reply #118 on: May 05, 2010, 03:40:00 PM »

I don't know how to take that, since I look at this and all I see is that the perspective on the far pistol is all wrong. Look! The body is lopsided in a way that makes no physical sense.

If you want to draw guns, it's important to find some referen ce materia l.

Find models that have shapes and lines that work with the sty le you use, and draw each of them in painstaking det ail. Then go back and draw progressively more stylized versions of each of your choices.

I made Mitz's pistols really boxy, because in the game,they are just gray squares, that sit on top of his hands, and I wanted to keep him consistent with DW's art, even though the background is a mish-mash of styles. Guns like this are a lot easier to draw if you use a horizon line and a set of vanishing points.

Edit:

Actually, for your style you'll probably want something with an even more organic outline. Weapons based on the french FAMA S's composite plastic casing (such as the P90 and the OICW) would be good candidates.

Rifles in general have softer curves than (semi) automatic pistols and compact sub-machine guns, which lean towards the box on a handle design that I favor. This is doubly true of civilia n arms, but breaks down when you get o ut of modern weapons.

Edit(more): Why do I keep getting extra spaces inside my "url" tags?

Dragyn

« Reply #119 on: May 06, 2010, 07:22:00 AM »

Hmm...don't know why your links are doing that.  It looks right in the editor, but the page source definitely has extra spaces.  

If I had to make a guess in the dark, I'd guess that it's a conflict of Google images code with Google ads code, but I really wouldn't know.

I'll look into it more, later.  For now, I'm off to work on cars.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up