Canon Fodder

• May 04, 2024, 06:32:39 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sanctuary Keep in the Sims  (Read 4374 times)

Dragyn

Sanctuary Keep in the Sims
« on: February 13, 2009, 05:00:00 PM »

So...I got a bit bored, so I decided to try and make Sanctuary Keep in The Sims 2.  

I made a video of the results.

For slower connections

For faster connections, or people with more patience.

The second version is a bigger screen, but other than that, they're the same.

I had to cheat quite a bit to pull that off, by the way.  The normal highest level you can build to is 5, and the tower there goes all the way up to 10, and needs an 11 for the battlements.

(Yup. Mine goes to 11.)

The pickup there in the front yard was cheated, too.  Normally, you need a driveway to place a vehicle, but Issac doesn't have one, so I just cheated one into place.

I also had to change the slope of the roof, from the standard 50 degrees, down to 25.

Ignore the other houses you can see in the area.  They aren't actually there.

bloodreaper

Re: Sanctuary Keep in the Sims
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 09:14:00 PM »

Too bad vampires and werewolves are such a pain to get in the Sims, or you could give the thing inhabitants. It's hard to tell how the thing is build in this little video.

Are the first two floors, just an open ballroom?

Aren't you glad I installed that on your computer?

Dragyn

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 09:30:00 PM »

Heh.

I am, actually.

I actually have vampires and werewolves in the game, already, so it wouldn't be that hard to populate it.  I'm not gonna', though, 'cuz all of my attempts to make the necesarry characters ended up with them being homosexual.

Such a weird game, attached to such a powerful tool...

The first 3 floors are an open ballroom, with the throneroom in the back.  There's a kitchen and a study on one side of the first floor, and some bedroom on the other side.  There are crossing catwalks on the next 2 floors up, branching from the central tower.

If anyone's wondering why the Keep is built so weird, I put up a bit of it's history at this page in the PEEP.

Faith

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 07:55:00 AM »

*Laugh!!!*   :D

Neat.   ;D

Heh.
That does sound like a weird game... O.o
Hm...
I think it's great, however, that you can make towers in houses in that game, and there can be werewolves and vampires... XD
Pages: [1]   Go Up