Canon Fodder

• May 06, 2024, 10:11:37 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Summer! (Finally...)  (Read 18678 times)

Faith

Summer! (Finally...)
« on: June 05, 2008, 03:20:00 PM »

Today is finally the last day of school! Ha!
I have to come in tomorrow to get my stuff out of the kiln... but that's really just something extra. It was all done, today, but my teacher said I could reglaze it, some. I hope my next Pottery teacher lets me do stuff like that... >.<

So does anyone have any plans/ideas for the summer?
What do ya'll usually do during the Summer? What is there to do where you are?

I'm gonna' get a job... somehow... I was gonna' work at a specific tree nursery (I called a few months ago, and they said they'd probably hire me, when I got out of school) but they recently called and it turns out that they won't be able to hire me, they even had to let people go, due to a difficult winter.
So now the job hunt continues, once more... perhaps the other tree nursery will hire me... it's only a few miles away, so I can ride my bike there.   :)
Also, I intend to get my horse. I was gonna' buy her last fall, but then my pig didn't make weight, (4-H... he was only two pounds off!   :P  ) so I didn't have the money. Before that I need to find someone to take or somewhere to put all of the spruce trees in my future pasture... and build the barn... and the pasture...
Another thing to do is hunt for Scholarships available to me when I am, well, fifteen... I found a few, but none seemed like very likely opportunities, or they were just distasteful, to me.
And I would like to get my car's title, and repair it. Hm... hopefully soon... and learning how to drive, a bit better, would be extremely helpful.    
First things first, however... I need to finish moving into the airstream. I still have a bag of my stuff in the house, and a whole lot of laundry to do before the airstream's technically clean and I have actually moved all of my stuff in there.   :P

That's just me, so far.

What're Summers like in Texas, Fox? I bet they're hot... but I'm not sure about how it is, other than that.
Whereabouts do you live, in Texas? South, North...?
(You did say you lived in Texas, right? Heh... otherwise these questions may be a bit odd... )

Fox

Re: Summer! (Finaly...)
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 07:46:00 AM »

In Sweeny. Kind of South. We're about an hour out of Houston. :3

AND IT'S FRIGGIN' HOT. It's already in the high 90's. Summers over 100o is all too common. x_x

Anyway. I found out my mom's coming down for my birthday(yeeg....). July 1st we're heading out to Orlando, coming back the 5th. Then on the 10th we're going to Arizona. (blarg)

I'm really only looking forward to the Universal trip, because it's with my dad. I could care less about everything else. :/ *sigh* At least I have the X-Files movie to look forward to. *snuggles Mulder & Scully shirt because she doesn't have cuddle plushies*

Faith

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 11:30:00 PM »

Heh.   :)

Yeeg? Why yeeg?

Fox

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 11:16:00 AM »

'Cause my mom is a freaking evil psycho. (cookie if you get the reference) Really, though. She never bothers to contact us AT ALL unless she's sending something shiny for Christmas/birthdays. Now when she finally decides to see us, it interferes with plans my dad & I had already made. :/

Faith

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 07:36:00 PM »

Oh... seems there are some prior conflicts I know nothing about, here... so to that I simply say...
Darn it, I'm out on a cookie. >.>
?

(Sorry about asking about personal matters like that... to make up for it, here's a lolcat.):

(I just recently learned about these...   ;D  (Dragyn told me about them.)

Fox

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 12:55:00 PM »

Just kidding. XD I couldn't resist. (Yeah. While everybody else has their LOLcats....I'm going a completely different path with...LOLFOXES!) Seriously, though. It's fine. I just had a moment of "rAwR! My mom's ebil!". I'm at least looking forward to seeing my brother.

Then of course there's my birthday. <3 I have requested that my cake be the very one from Portal. Single candle & all. I'm thinking about getting some clay and making little mini-turrets to put around it..but if I can't get any by next week, I'll just use the plushie I made.

Oh. About the kittens. :3 (since they've been in since summer..kinda) We lost two because they were too stupid to get off the tire of the car...even when it was moving. The other two have been living inside, happily, since mid-May. My uncle decided to name one Toby..and the other is named....come on. Guess. No guesses? Her name is Fox. XD

spookty

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 04:08:00 PM »

Plans, plans.. well, I ordered some comics and plan on obsessing over those all Summer.  Besides that, I'm visiting my sister in Idaho for my birthday.  Not much else besides that.  Just about the only thing I dislike about Summer is that it's way easier to get bored.

Oh, and good luck with your mother/the KITTEEZ.

Faith

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 03:59:00 PM »

Heh...   :D

Good look with?   ;D
(Sorry.)

I don't know about the cake on Portal... but that's a nice plushie.   :)
And good luck with your lolfoxes.   ;)

Which part of Idaho, Spookty?

Fox

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 05:26:00 PM »

It's the same cake in that screenshot I posted in Random Picture Thread. >.> Don't have time to look fer it right now.

Aaaand I didn't make the lolfox. I just pluck 'em from the internet. x3

Faith

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 07:29:00 PM »

Heh. I remember that'n... though I'm not recalling the reason for there being a cake in a cake room...

So now there's pretty much just loleverything?

spookty

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2008, 09:21:00 AM »

Typo?  What typo? HA.  No, really, go check.  It was never there or something.

While you're dead I will be still alive~

Faith

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 01:30:00 PM »

O.O

Eh? "While you're dead I will be still alive?"  I... I don't think I follow...   :P

spookty

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 02:32:00 PM »

It's the best song in the.. well... maybe the world, but not the universe.

Fox

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2008, 08:31:00 AM »

It is, indeed. The remix is even better.

Dragyn

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2008, 01:49:00 PM »

Dare I even ask what song it is?

Loleverything...now there's a scary thought...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up