Canon Fodder

• May 03, 2024, 09:15:52 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: "Are you still there?"  (Read 16751 times)

Dragyn

Re: "Are you still there?"
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2008, 08:38:00 AM »

Indeed...

bloodreaper

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2008, 03:09:00 PM »

That's what I was suposed to bring with me today!

I was supposed to return Mortal Kombat, to the library, while I was here.

That's a load off my mind; I can do that tomorrow.

Not ba-- *ahem* terrible movie BTW, which means that it starts slow, and the special effects often come in the form of 90s CG, but Dragyn liked it more than I did, and I watched it again when my other brother saw it.

So not completely terrible... just, hard to think of something nice to say about.

The music was really, really good. --Carried the film, even.

--And some of the actors were quite good, though all for different reasons.

Dragyn

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2008, 10:20:00 AM »

They each had their own talents, though it's a pity they didn't have talents that matched their roles...

Faith

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2008, 06:54:00 PM »

Huh?
Wait, which movie?..
I think I missed something, here...

bloodreaper

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2008, 08:46:00 PM »

Mortal Kombat!

Faith

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2008, 09:36:00 PM »

Duh.
I somehow manged to figure that out in my half-concious state rather than when I was perfectly awake, earlier...

Fox

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2008, 09:08:00 AM »

I heard it was bad. D: So I've never seen it. I think I'd rather just play the games and continue my search for a zombiefied Lui Kang figure. >.>

bloodreaper

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2008, 03:44:00 PM »

Kang is a zombie now?

Last time I was caught up on MK plot (for very loose definitions of caught up) they just killed him off.

Just when you think MK has finally learned to let characters go...

Seriously, for "Mortal" Kombat, fraught with "Fatalities" surprisingly few people ever stay dead in MK.

Fox

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2008, 04:05:00 PM »

I don't really know anything about the plot. o.< I started playing it when he was a zombie..so I dunno much about 'im before that.

Faith

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2008, 07:34:00 PM »

I think I shall let this one go, for the most part. I have no clue about who any of these people are, and Mortal Combat is just the name a of frequently mentioned game, to me.
Well... maybe I've played it before... but the only time I really play games, much, is at other people's houses.   :P

bloodreaper

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2008, 01:00:00 PM »

Lu Kang was "the chosen one". He supposedly defeated Shang Tsung and his ninjas in the first Mortal Kombat game. Plotwise many of these characters were killed, but they managed to find different ways of coming back.

He had a really loud, shrill kiai on every one of his normal attacks, that would drive you crazy. It was loud and shrill, and he never shut up! A lot of people were glad to see him go. The people who actually used him, on the other hand, were pretty bummed, to have to master a new character, if they wanted to see all the new fatality styles and characters.

Naturally, it was only a matter of time, before they called him back from the void.

I think the only character who hasn't died at all, and was in the first game, is Sonya. --for obvious reasons.

Note that I'm actually really bad at MK games. I grew up on Capcom and Capcom derived VS games, like Street Fighter and One Must Fall, so I have trouble blocking under MK. Soul Caliber II didn't give me trouble in that area, though; I guess it only effects me in 2d games.

Fox

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2008, 01:19:00 PM »

Lui Kang is slightly on the irritating side, as far as that goes....but he's the only one I've ever been able to beat a boss with. D: (okay..so I used Mileena once, but only after I beat Onoga the first time. >.>)

bloodreaper

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2008, 10:13:00 PM »

::)  Personally, I'd settle for being able to beat anyone, anyhow, at MK.

Sometimes, a lucky combo will get me to the second enemy, if I pour everything into attacking and rely entirely on position and tactics for defense, instead of blocking. This consists mostly of exploiting the weirdnesses of jumping in a 2D VS, which is weirder than normal in Mortal Kombat.

Of course, even when blocking is as easy as pushing <--, on the control pad, I tend to favor offense, even when defense might serve better. A good vs. match is about manipulating your opponent, and you're harder to manipulate when you're behaving pro-actively.

i.e. trying to stop enemy attacks as them come at you is more predictable than choosing from your various lines of entry and trying to ram your combo of choice down it.

Faith

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2008, 10:53:00 PM »

Heh...

Don't most characters make some sort of irritating sound when they attack people, or die?   :P

So... how does the 2D affect blocks?...
Is it 2D like I'm thinking, to begin with?   :P  

Fox

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2008, 08:34:00 AM »

I....just push buttons at random. XD

Really, though..in Armegeddon, I have an easier time beating Blaze with either himself, Lui Kang, or a character I created myself. Seriously. Obi-Wan in MK. Epic win, dude.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up