Canon Fodder

• May 03, 2024, 08:11:36 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Caution: more blood.  (Read 8778 times)

Faith

Re: Caution: more blood.
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2008, 05:21:00 PM »

Well... all I can think about are really big fish found in the river near town... >.<

You're doing good. And making 'em quick.
I could never have a comic for that reason... XD
Well, that and I'm not that funny.   :P

But really... your pretty good at, um, Layer Fu-golfing, or whatever it is.   ;)
Really, that is just a strange thought...
Aside from that, how you used both of those to describe one thing while almost making it sound normal, I do not know.

bloodreaper

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2008, 10:42:00 AM »

I think you just snapped the metaphor.

I don't think par is universally about golf.

I appreciate your complement. --Maybe even enough to try to make another one of these.

I got to get my new radiator installed first. The thing doesn't fit right, because of the way the chassis is damaged, so I'm not sure how to proceed.

Spurgeons Law:  "90% of everything is crud."

Those 90% don't bother with golf, so par is actually a bit higher than average human ability.

Faith

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2008, 07:35:00 PM »

*Laugh!!!*   :D

Well, hopefully you do.
Then you can get whatever results you're going for and we can see the progress on its way.    :)

Hm... while a tad blunt, I think I've found agreements with his guy's (Spurgeons or Sturgeons?) logic.   :P    ;D

Hm... that's not good (not to state the obvious, or anything... which, I'm afraid, I just did)... how bad is the situation?
(Good luck, no matter.)

bloodreaper

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2008, 06:06:00 AM »

Well, he wasn't exactly in a position to be subtle. He was a proponent of Sci-Fi novels, back when they were first getting big, and people where claiming they would rot your brain and make children violent. (Sound familiar?)

Somebody told him that 90% of sci-fi was crud and drivel.

He said, "Sure 90% of sci-fi is crud, that's because 90% of everything is crud."

The point being, you shouldn't judge a genre from the worst available examples, or even the majority or it's contents.

Literature isn't respected because of the cheap pulp novels they sell at the drugstore. People respect literature because it produced the classics.

90% of all modern poetry is garbage, but enough of it is good that people still write poems, and great poems are still written, etc.

Maybe more than that with poems and comics, because those mediums are favored by beginners and adolescents, who tent to produce crud at an elevated rate.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up