Canon Fodder

• May 03, 2024, 06:46:59 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: 100 Theme Challenge; Faith  (Read 22651 times)

Fox

Re: 100 Theme Challenge; Faith
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2008, 12:52:00 PM »

Ah..didn't see that thread. XP I just came across another one. >.>

I did notice I got Fafnir & Hera mixed up..so Fafnir's the Imp, and Hera's the Maiden. x_x I need to change their names, now. >.< Ah, well. It's still fun. :3 Steve is gonna look funny. She's gonna hatch as a little computer-chip-looking-thing. x3

bloodreaper

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2008, 02:50:00 PM »

...and our little pets have officially jacked Faith's Art thread.

<font color="LimeGreen">New topic; new thread, people!</font>

Dragyn

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2008, 09:18:00 AM »

Thanks, Blood.

I didn't have to do it...

Any ETA on the next piece, Faith?

Faith

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2008, 01:25:00 PM »

ETA?
I guess that's... something on how it's doing...

Well, I've been messing with it some, with colored pencils... it's getting there, I guess. Some spots are really bothering me, 'cuz they're not turning out...   :P
Heh... I'm not very good at horror... XD
Too fakey.   :P

Fox

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2008, 02:46:00 PM »

Horror is my favorite thing to draw. Or humor. Or humorous horror! 8D

Well..take your time. 'Tis best not to rush things like that. :3

Faith

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2008, 05:56:00 PM »

Heh... horror and humor are the things I'm absolutely terrible at... XD

But, yeah. Still working on it.
I think I'll get pretty close, a least, to finishing it at church, tomorrow...
No promises... >.<

Dragyn

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2008, 05:04:00 PM »

Just for the record, here, ETA is estimated time of arrival.

Faith

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2008, 06:18:00 PM »

Oh... well... probably tomorrow... I didn't get as much time Sunday as I'd expected. But that was okay.   :)
Now I'll just try to finish it tomorrow... as is... I've homework and sleep to attend to... ... ...

bloodreaper

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2008, 10:33:00 PM »

It get's done when it gets done.

Maybe I should start one of these things, as a way to get inspired. I haven't exactly been turning them out myself.

Faith

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2008, 07:15:00 PM »

Well, Horror's done.
Weird-looking, but done.

But... when I put it on Photobucket... ... ... it kills it.
Um... help?

Dragyn

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2008, 05:35:00 AM »

I think to be of any help, I'd need a bit more information than "kills it."

Does Photobucket have a file size limit?  That could wreck the quality if it's got auto-compression...

Faith

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2008, 07:29:00 PM »

I... don't know...
But then I was trying to reload it into my account, again, and I haven't been able to get it on, at all. I think I was doing too many things at once... but now that I've gotten around to it, I have to get off.   :P

Hm... maybe tomorrow...

Faith

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2008, 09:44:00 PM »

*Sorry for double posting - a thing to help people notice, is all.

Hah! I figured Photobucket out.   ;D

Warning[/u]
Looks very frightening, and not in a good way.
Read below to get better description.

I finally did it. And I have made a great example of how bad I am a horror.   :P
Oh, and I kinda want to smash the scanner to bits. It didn't look near that gray... honest, the inside of the wing was actually red!   ::)
The closest to the actual color is where the crease is... though it's not quite right.
And, yeah, I did a bit on the computer. The background made it look so gray... >.<
The black from my colored pencil just didn't turn out.

Over all, I think I want to retry this one, if I ever find the time, over Paint.
It just looks bad... and would be better if it looked... cleaner... more distinct...

Anyway...
I am aware of a list of flaws, such as the lighting, how the reflection doesn't line up (might not really have to, though...) the person doesn't look like they actually smashed the glass, so much... (maybe a bit of blood would've made sense... some pieces having fallen...) how part of the wing isn't prominent enough, some of the excessive black makes it kinda... lose substance... and the light should reflect in the cracks on the mirror (yeah, that's what it was supposed to be) and then the reflection should be kinda scattered in the broken bits, et cetera et cetera...
However, if you've anything to add, maybe I didn't think about it. 'D like to hear it.

Some things are supposed to be weird. Like the partially transparent wings and the appearance that the girl has no legs.
But, yeah. It's just weird. I can't say it much more than that.

Fox

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2008, 11:35:00 AM »

You know..you need to work on your self-esteem, art-wise. I never took any art classes..so my low self-esteem is justifiable. :3

Don't bother fretting over little flaws. The picture itself is amazing, to me. If the scanner messed it up, I'd like to see it in person. Because..wow. It must be awesome.

Faith

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2008, 01:08:00 PM »

Hm... everyone tells me that...

*Shrugs*
Your art is good. And art classes don't really make such a dramatic difference. (Not the ones in my public school, anyway...)
You don't need any, you just ought to have the practice that they offer, which is available without, so long as you've the motivation. That's really what art classes are, in my opinion. Sometimes the tutor will help you see something more quickly, by pointing it out to you. But peers can do the same thing. That's what we get here.   ;D
Classes mostly help you think to do different things, so then you try them and gain what the experience teaches, just the things that come with practice. '=J
At least that's what I've observed...

*Shrugs*
Colors just seemed less gray and pixilated, more vibrant. Some spots on the wings were darker. Actually, they were blackish-purple, where there weren't stripes. But that doesn't really show. The ligthing of the background, say, in the mirror, is a bit different. More natural. And the person's hair looks slightly different. The partial waviness or whatever didn't really show, as much, for some reason. Things looked a bit clearer, mostly the reflection.

Hm... the word hour should not have been there...
*Edits*

Most of the flaws bother me, because... it's not... right... 'cuz it's not like it would be if it were real.
I don't know. I'm just obsessive like that, sometimes. The tiniest flaws bother me, when I draw something. >.<
Maybe I have a slight case of OCD.   :P
Seriously, I only have so many inexplicable irritants, and slightly disorganized or flawed things are often the majority of my peeves... utter chaos is better. XD
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up