Canon Fodder

• May 03, 2024, 09:15:15 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vicodin!  (Read 4451 times)

bloodreaper

Vicodin!
« on: February 12, 2009, 11:23:00 AM »

I spent about two hours of this morning having two of my upper molars pulled out.

These are not baby teeth. The roots on these things are so deep, I had to sign a waiver for just in case the doc breached my sinus cavities.

Each tooth was cut into thirds so that the roots could be pulled out individually. The right tooth came out without any pain, after the injections(4 shots to start, after topical liquid), which hurt a lot less than I expected. I did get a tiny bit on pain, when he was working on the left one, but a couple more syringes of anesthetic stopped that (These two didn't hurt at all).

Even without pain, I could still feel the scraping, chipping, sawing, grinding, twisting rocking and pulling. It's not pleasant, but mostly it's just kind of weird.

The stitching did hurt, quite a bit. I couldn't feel the needle, but when he pulled the string tight, there was a little stab of pain, that didn't go away. It got worse as the anesthetic wore off on the way home.

The pain medication, that  I've been given to take now, is a mixture of Vicodin, Tylenol, and Ibuprofen. Plus, ice packs. It'll have to do, but my state is far from painless. $16 for 40 pills. I bet these would go for $20-50 a pill on the street, since not only are they potent narcotics, if taken with alcohol, they can be used to make meth. I am not that broke.

I'm not supposed to drive on this stuff, but I haven't yet noticed and loss of ability.

Darknes

Re: Vicodin!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 03:28:00 PM »

I know the feeling i've had 6 teeth pulled out but only 4 needed stiches. on my last tooth i couldn't even talk for almost two weeks. but the worst in my opinion is the sound of the chiping on you tooth even though it is numb it hurts just from the sound.

all those teeth pulled by the way are because of pepsi and are the reason i don't drink it mush anymore. I used to drink a 24 pack a day and got addicted.

bloodreaper

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 12:21:00 AM »

As a guy who used to spend a hundred bucks a month on Pepsi, I know the deal there.

Caffeine, especially in excess or in conjunction with brown food dyes, is bad for your kidneys. It also causes hydration problems which are, naturally, also bad for your kidneys.

The left one was to rotten, that it shattered, whenever they gripped it to pull it out. The doc had to dig pretty deep, with his dental pick, to get ahold of the thing and reef it out.

Flossing might have saved these teeth. The cavities started between the teeth, and worked their way out through the top. By the time I knew about them, things were already really bad.

The X-rays show numerous tiny cavities, between my other teeth. One of the front and back of each side tooth.

Floss children! Floss!

Fox

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 08:01:00 AM »

I need some serious work done, too....but I have a deep, deep phobia of dentists. D: You see....novacaine doesn't quite work on me. I need a pretty heavy dose of it. The first dentist I went to, did not know this. So..yeah.

I drink too much tea....that's s'posed to be the worst thing for teeth. Ugh..but I love eeeet.

Faith

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 12:51:00 PM »

I am very sorry to hear that, on account of the fact that it sounds painful... >.<
Get well soon karama.*
Heh.
Since I've heard of your situation I've started flossing more often... ':D

*Snrk*
A waver? Wonderful. That's greatly comforting... XP
Pages: [1]   Go Up