Canon Fodder

• May 03, 2024, 03:19:05 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: You are no match for my Magic Space Fish Kung-Fu!  (Read 4376 times)

bloodreaper

You are no match for my Magic Space Fish Kung-Fu!
« on: September 29, 2009, 10:18:00 PM »

Okay, I'm at the Belfry Webcomics Index, and I flick my scroll wheel to scroll down.

--But because I use a lot of different mice, on different computers, I misjudged the pressure and center clicked instead, opening a semi-random link.

This happens every now and then. I welcome a little variety in my comics trawl --unless it's something with three pages, drawn in MS Paint, or an ANLXV tag, so this isn't normally a problem with the Belfry index.

Usually, I don't even notice it's happened until I close a tab and get a page of a comic I've never seen before.

Tonight, when I closed the tab for Get Medieval -- Redux, I was greeted with the line, "You are no match for my Magic Space Fish Kung-Fu!"

Tags for suggestive dialogue and harsh language not withstanding, I'm going to give this comic another look.

Faith

Re: You are no match for my Magic Space Fish Kung-
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 07:35:00 AM »

*Laugh!!!*   :D

That's pretty great. XD

Tell us how it goes, kay?   :P

bloodreaper

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 09:04:00 PM »

Wow! That comic was bad.

I don't even know what that guy was thinking, with that huge, years long chapter where nobody did anything, and nothing happened except profanity.

If you're suddenly going to write a story comic, don't make people read the archives of your garbage gag comic, just to catch up on who the characters are.

This is seriously worse that Yosh!, which has really inconsistent art and writing early on, but at least manages to look like the same comic at both ends.

Faith

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 07:28:00 AM »

*Laugh!!!* XD

Too bad. But at least you will always have that one quote.   :P

Hm...
Weird question: are comics like books?
Well... can you not put them down no matter how horrible they are just because you haven't finished them yet? XD
Because they seem like they might be, but they might not be... XP

bloodreaper

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 05:40:00 PM »

I learned the art of putting down drek and forgetting it through webcomics. There's so much garbage out in the inter-tubes that you have to trim the fat, to make room for better reading material, and a bad comic can go on for a decade without ever reaching a point.

I used to be stuck with what I was reading for the long haul, unless it was a really dry high-school level essay by Sagan, that goes on for 500 pages. Now, I can drop a book mid-sentence and go on with my life.

I never had any trouble putting down anything by Carl Sagan. Although, admittedly, I haven't read very many of his books (on account of the ones I did read).
Pages: [1]   Go Up