General Discussion > Stories

Acceptance

(1/4) > >>

Madjack:
The first two stories kind of go together. It gives the characters much more personality, and you begin to actually care about them. It's also much better-written, since The Beginning was mostly just a learning experience, for the both of us.

Acceptance takes place about 3-4 years after The Beginning, and deals with the hybrids coming to terms with their new form and making lives for themselves. With the help of Ahti, Musashi learns how to forgive and move on. CT begins to show that he might actually begin turning around, and new villains are introduced, along with CT and Lash's young son, Nicodemus.

Madjack:
Ahti always loved the ocean. His very name derived from an ocean god. It seemed only right, that he move to Slateport. It had been three years, since the incident that turned him and his wife into humans. It took a while to get on his feet, after the escape, but his heart belonged in Slateport.

He and a handful went back to their trainers, and told them what had happened. Some of them, like Ahti, took on last names and went to make a life of their own. Others stayed. Some went looking for CT, but there had been no trace of him, since.

Ahti wasn't sure he could face CT again, anyway. He was happy with his life. He had become a fisherman, selling his catch to the local market. It wasn't much, but he enjoyed it. Sometimes he would take little Clem, who they had adopted, on the boat with him. As time had passed, little Clem wasn't so little anymore, and had become a big sister.

They had all grown accustom to being human. Even enjoyed it. Ahti missed his trainer, but he loved his new life. Zero, Clem, little Kai. They were happy. There was still some part of him, however, that felt betrayed and hurt. Many of them felt that way.

The Porter house was close to the beach, so it could easily be seen, as Ahti's boat was heading toward the shore. Somebody was at his house. A car, he didn't recognize. It was probably just one of Zero's friends, or a classmate coming to visit Clem. Ahti shrugged it off as nothing, as he brought his fishing boat into dock.

"Daddy daddy daddy!" a high pitched girl voiced squeaked as Clementine burst towards Ahti, jumping and clinging onto him.

The little girl, now older and able to speak, smiled at her adoptive father. "Guess what guess what?" she asked, beginning to talk a mile a minute, "There's a gues I haven't seen before! And and and he looks funny and has green hair and stuff and and he says he wanted to talk to you. Also he looked at me funny and knew my name." she giggled playfully as she bounced on her tiptoes.

Inside the home sat Musashi. His hair had grown shaggy and he was now closer to adulthood. His parting with his trainer was hard, like leaving a close family member. The sad look on Pen's face was still burned into the former Scyther's memory. His blades were in their sheathes. He glanced at little Clementine and Ahti. Musashi also took on a last name, adopting the surname of the namesake Pen gave him. Before he left he had a talk with Pen about his name, learning that he was named after a Sword Saint who revolutionized Bushido. Pen then handed the now human Musashi a book written by that man, which Musashi carried wherever he went.

"Hello, Ahti. It's been a while. A year? Two? I've lost count." He said softly, sighing. Unlike Ahti and others, Musashi couldn't settle down yet. He had been spending his whole time searching for CT, hunting the traitor wherever he could find clues. He searched all of the Kanto region first, deciding to take a break in Slateport while he was passing through.

"Musashi..." Ahti grinned, as he scooped up Clem, in his arms. "Three years. It's been three long years." he traded a firm handshake, with Musashi. He thought it was pointless, hunting down CT, but he never said anything.

Kai came bounding in, too. "Hi, mister!" she chirped, happily. She was just barely three years old, and didn't have a wide vocabulary. Ahti smiled, as he sat next to Musashi, Kai crawling in his lap alongside Clem. "So, what brings you all the way to Slateport?" Ahti said.

Musashi smiled. "Ahti, I am merely stopping by for a short while. I've been traveling for quite a while and I have yet to sleep somewhere comfortable for all these years." he said. "I'm passing through because I've been following trails and leads. I think CT is here...in Slateport. He's so close Ahti, I can feel it. I want you to come with me, if he's here and we find him we can finally end it all."

Clem was confused, cocking her head. "CT? Daddy what's a CT?" she asked, looking up at Ahti with her big brown eyes.

Ahti sighed. "Musashi, you know you are welcome here, anytime. But please do not involve me, or my family, in your quest for vengeance. Even if CT was here, what would ending him accomplish? What is done is done, and it can't be undone. Things won't go back, the way they were. Killing him won't change things, and by doing so, that makes you no better than he is."

Ahti paused. Could CT really be here? If so, why? There's no way he would remain elusive all these years, only to show up on his doorstep. Ahti ruffled Clem's hair. "Don't worry about it, Clem. He's somebody you'll never have to meet." he answered, with a warm smile.

"But Ahti, what he did was unforgivable." he stood up. "He betrayed us all, and not everyone made it out alive. I..." he looked down. "I can't continue until he gets punishment for his actions. You continue with your life, but mine can't start until I've given him what he has coming. However, it is growing late. If you will have me, I would like to spend the night."

Clem was curious, this person seemed pretty obsessed. Then Clem spotted something far better...

... His swords were very shiny.

"It is always easier to seek vengeance, than to forgive." Ahti sighed. "I can't condone what he did, but I understand why, and I forgave him, a long time ago. It still hurts, but we can't live our lives, filled with hate and longing for revenge. By letting go, by forgiving, it makes you the better person."

"You may stay here, for the night. I do ask that you keep those," Ahti nodded toward the blades. "Away from the little ones."

Musashi sighed. Ahti was right of course, but what else could he do? He was never going to be the same again, never going to battle with Pen again. He stared at his blades.

"Believe me Ahti, these were once my arms...I'd rather die than let anyone take these from me."

Lash wandered through the marketplace. She had never been to Hoenn, before. She worked with CT every now and then, but she preferred to travel, to see the world. What he did...that wasn't for her. She didn't like hurting people.

A young child stayed close to her, clinging onto her dress, as they shopped the huge market. This was the first time he had ever left Castelia, and he was a little afraid. His mother had traveled a lot, throughout the years, but this was the first time he had ever come with her. Everything seemed so...different.

Bruce felt uncomfortable. He had come with Lash because he didn't like the idea of her heading out with just her child. What if something happened? Lash wasn't what many would consider a fighter, and the child was only three years old. He crossed his arms

"Lash...I don't think it's wise to just be wandering around like this. I know there are some of the... people from before that might still be searching for us." he said.

Lasciel waved Bruce off. "Oh, don't be silly. It's perfectly fine." she said, looking through an assortment of outfits that one vendor had. Lash didn't think she needed a bodyguard. Sure, she wasn't the best fighter, but she could hold her own; and she sure as hell wouldn't let anybody touch Nico.

"Ooh!" she chimed, grabbing a dress and holding it up to her. "Isn't this just the cutest?" she grinned.

Bruce grunted ."Yes, Lash, it's very nice. I just want to make sure you and little Nico remain safe."

Lash smiled. "Bruce, I appreciate your concern, but what could possibly happen?"

Bruce sighed. "You don't know Musashi like I do, he's probably been searching all his human life for us, seeking revenge. He's tenacious and knows how to hold a grudge."

"Hmph!" Lash folded the dress over her arm, paying the merchant. "Well, I'm sure if we run into him, we'll be just fine!" She continued shopping, Nico still staying close to her. It was getting late, but not quite dark, yet. Nico didn't like the dark. He clung tightly to her, keeping an eye on the setting sun.

Bruce looked at the setting sun. "It's getting late, Lash. We should head inside." he said, feeling worried. "I think your son agrees with me."

"Oh..." Lash pouted. "I supposed you're right. Oh, well. There's always tomorrow!" she chirped, happily, picking up little Nico and carrying him off to their hotel.

Bruce gave Lash a look. "Tomorrow? Lash, how long did you plan to remain here?"

"Well, I don't know!" Lash said. "I may stay here another day, or another week. Who knows?" she continued, smiling. "Besides, it's good for Nico to get out. He's never been outside of Castelia, after all."

Madjack:
That night, Musashi tossed and turned. He eventually paced around the living room. Somewhere, possibly nearby, CT was giving that stupid grin of his and doing who knows what with the disc he took. He held onto his swords, anxiously.

Kai had gotten up at some point in the night, and wandered over toward Musashi. It was curious, how he kept walking around in circles like that. And what were those shiny things? She stood and watched him, for a bit. She eventually piped up; "Whatcha doin'?"

Musashi looked at the young girl. He didn't recognize her, so she must be Ahti's daughter. "Oh, nothing. I just can't get to sleep is all. You're young, you should be in bed."

Kai blinked at Musashi. "I don't wanna.." she rubbed at her eyes, and yawned.

After breakfast that morning, Zero was busy getting the kids ready to go to the marketplace. "So, Musashi," she said, struggling to get Kai out of her PJs and properly dressed. "Have you been to the marketplace, yet? You're welcome to come with us. You could stand to relax, a little." she smiled.

Musashi sighed, fresh and clean from his first shower in he-forgot-how-long. Seemed everyone wanted to tell him to relax nowadays.

Then again, maybe there could be some clues in the marketplace; CT might try to hide in a large crowd. "Well, I haven't been to the marketplace before, and I bypassed the Celadon mall." he said.

"Come on, what could it hurt?" Zero said, starting out the door. "There's this new thing everybody's doing, nowadays. It's called 'fun'. Try it." she said, smiling.

Musashi sighed, running his hands through his hair. "Yes, ha ha. Very funny, Zero."

Bruce sighed. Lash was too carefree. However, maybe years of fighting made Bruce paranoid. Even if someone, namely Musashi, was searching, what were the odds they'd run into them now?

"You know, Bruce," Lash said, heading for the marketplace, herself. "You don't have to tag along with us, all the time. We'll be just fine. You don't have to worry, so much."

"I told Nico's dad I'd keep a watch over you two, just in case. " Bruce replied, walking beside Lash. "Besides, if I do fight, little Nico can watch and learn. Who knows, maybe he'll end up tougher than his old man."

"CT is just overprotective. Slateport marketplace is perfectly safe!" Lash said, continuing her shopping spree. Nico, meanwhile, had wandered off a bit. There were other kids there, and they seemed a lot more interesting, than shopping.

Kai wasn't much interested in shopping, either. She waved, at Nico, shouting "Hi!" He didn't wave back, but gave her a nervous "Hi....hello..." back.

"Oh my gosh, Kai-Kai! Who've you found?" Clem came running into Kai, hugging her from behind, her bushy tail wagging excitedly. "I don't recognize him, do you, Kai-Kai?"

Kai shook her head. "Whassyer name?" she said, to him. Nico just fidgeted. "Um....hi...." he said, again. He was a shy kid, and these were the first kids his age, he had ever met. Kai just giggled. "Yer silly."

"He's very silly. Oh oh, Kai-Kai, let's take him to the beach cave with us!" Clem said, getting excited at meeting a new friend, and he was a boy too!

"Oh, oh! Yeah! Beach cave!" Kai happily chirped, in agreement. She started to drag him off, but was abruptly stopped, by Zero. "Oh, no you don't. You're not going anywhere!" she said, grabbing at the both of them. "Who's your friend?" she asked, noting Nico.

"......Hi.." Nico said, to Zero.

"Owie, Mooom" Clem whined "We don't know his name, unless his name is 'Hi' but that's a silly name don't you think?"

Zero smiled, kneeling down next to little Nico. "Well, hello there! What's your name?" she asked him. Nico just fidgeted, some more. "Shy, aren't ya? Where are your parents?" she said, noting the child seemed to be alone.

"Um...." Nico said, still fidgety. He hadn't noticed how far away from his mother, he had wandered. Not seeing her around, he started to panic himself. "M-mama?" he whimpered.

Musashi groaned as he looked at all the people. There wasn't that much in the marketplace, certainly a lot of food stands that smelled good. Musashi already had filled a bag with various honey related food items, an addiction he never got over. He then noticed someone, no, two someones. Bruce and Lash! Musashi glared as he moved towards them.

Bruce sighed "I don't know..too many blind corners, lots of people, you could be mugged here." he said. "And as a further note, I think we've lost Nico."

"Oh, please. I am not going to get mug-wait wha-" Lash turned around. Sure enough, Nico was no longer tagging along, behind her. "Ohm'god! Bruce! Find him!" she panicked, grabbing Bruce's shirt collar.

"Relax, Lash. Don't worry, I'll find the boy." he paused, looking at the coming Musashi. "But it might have to wait, there's an angry former Scyther heading toward us, and I doubt he wants to make poffins."

Musashi came right at the two. "You two. Where is he?" was all he asked, his hands on his blades.

"That's what I'd like to know!!" Lash said, still panicked. It took a moment or three for her to realize he wasn't talking about her son. She shook her head. "Look, whatever you want, it'll have to wait! I have to find my son!" she said, nudging past Musashi.

Musashi paused, this was not how he expected things to go.

"...Did she just say son?"

"Yeah kid, she said son. Look I know what you want, but it's best you just move on with your life, for your own good. CT's not here, just me and Lash with her son. He's still very little and he's lost, so unless you're going to help find him, I'll have to excuse myself." Bruce replied, shrugging past the stunned young man.

Man, that's how Lash was. If Bruce had to log Lash's priorities, he would have to note, like most mothers, little Nico was at the top of the list. The child couldn't sniffle without her freaking out.

Madjack:
"Aww Mommy, he lost his mommy." Clem said, tugging at Zero's sleeve.

"Well, then." Zero said, taking little Nico's hand. "We'll just have to find her, now. It's okay, she can't be too far." she smiled, trying to calm the young child down. Kai happily skipped alongside him.

"Mommy, when will we find his mommy so we can take him to the beach caaave?" Clem asked, still tugging on her sleeve.

"That beach cave could be dangerous, Clem. And I'm sure his mommy wouldn't want him out there, with strangers." Zero paused for a bit. "Y'know, it would help if we knew your mommy's name. Or yours." she said, to Nico.

Nico was silent for a bit, but finally stuttered his mother's name; "L-Lashul.."

Lashul? Zero thought. Wait. Oh, crap. Lasciel. Lasciel was his mother.

Musashi sighed. CT was a father now? Where was he supposed to go, with this? People were moving on, like nothing had happened. Musashi carried his former arms on his hips and people were just...moving on. What did that say about his life?

Bruce tried to calm down the panicking Lash. "Listen, Lash, he's probably just lost in the crowd. We'll find him. Nico! Where are you little buddy?"

"Just lost in the crowd?" Lash repeated. "Bruce, this place is huge! I don't even know which way he could've gone!" she said, still panicked, and frantically calling out for Nico.

"Now Lash,you said not to worry, right? He's probably staying still, wondering where we are." Bruce said, trying to keep her calm while calling out to Nico.

"Unless somebody snatched him up!" Lash said. "OhgodohgodWhatifsomebodytookhimohgod" she rambled, failing to calm the least bit down.

"Lash, trust me, he's fine and will be fine. I'll crack anyone that means him any harm." Bruce said to Lash. "Oh look, there he is. See? He's fine."

"Nico!!" Lash shouted, Nico promptly running up to her, clinging to her.

"Lash..." Zero said, flatly.

"Zero." Lash said, back. First Musashi, now Zero? She wasn't here, for trouble. She just wanted to have some fun. She shook her head, and sighed. "Thank you. For...y'know...keeping an eye on him."

Ahti had gone on about forgiveness, and how they all needed to move on. Zero was one of those who moved on, but was unsure if she wanted to forgive. She nodded at Lash, but said nothing.

"Mommy?" Clem tugged at Zero's sleeve once more, it got to the point where only Zero's left sleeve was getting worn out, due to the little Furret girl. "Do you know the boy's mommy? Huh huh? Our mommies know each other?"

Bruce remained quiet. "Zero. So, um." He observed the growing Clementine and Zero herself. Man, this was awkward. "So, how is Ahti doing?"

Madjack:
Zero didn't answer, for a while. It seemed a lot longer than it probably was. "Took a while to get adjusted, but he's adapting good. We all are." she said, quietly. She observed Lash, tightly hugging Nico. Neither Bruce nor Lash had anything to do, with this. Lash was only trying to save CT, from death. She had no idea what they were planning. It wasn't her fault.

"We should be going. Ahti's out on the boat, right now...it's probably best if he doesn't know you're here. I should...find Musashi." Zero said. While it wasn't their fault, she still couldn't make herself be friendly, with those who sided with CT.

"Right, good. Glad he's doing well." Bruce replied solemnly. "Musashi's near the center where we last saw him. He had some sort of shock, hearing Lash and CT had a child." He put a hand on Lash's shoulder. "We should get going now, Lash."

"Can't imagine why." Zero mumbled, barely audible. She started off, to look for Musashi. Lash took notice of little Kai, waving at Nico. "Bye..." the little girl said, as Nico waved back.

"Y'know..." Lash spoke up. "I heard the beach is nice. Maybe you could show us around? I'm sure the kids would enjoy it."

Zero considered Lash's offer. She didn't particularly want to hang out and chat, with her...but the kids did seem to be fond of each other. She sighed. What could it hurt?

"Okay. Sure. Fine. But this doesn't mean we're friends, or anything." she said. "I should probably let Musashi know, first." Kai happily jumped up and down. "Yay! Beach!"

Meanwhile, in Castelia, CT paced across his lab. It was small, but it was functional. He walked past several glass containment areas, very similar to the ones he and the others were kept in, except there were two Pokemon in each area. In one, was a Sandile and Totodile. In another, was a Skarmory and Haxorus. In the third, a Scyther and Magmar. Those two didn't really get along. In the final one, was a Lampent and Infernape.

At the controls sat a very shaggy-haired and skinny man, with bright blue eyes and bits of red, laced in his black hair. Shii had an expression of maniacal glee, on his face. He was CT's first transformation, and as such, his brain was a tad scrambled. He seemed to know what he was doing, though, and gladly served his "master".

"Slowpoke and Shelder, Magnemite, Diglett, Deino...." he said, stopping next to the Lampent and Infernape. "All individual beings, who merge to create two or more beings, on the same body." Shii's grin never wavered, as he stared intently, at CT. "Who's to say other Pokemon can't merge, as well? Not only will they become human, but also hybrids."

Shii began giggling, madly. "Can Shii push the button now, yes?" he hissed. CT grinned, and waved his hand in a gesture that said "go ahead". Shii continued giggling, even madder it seemed, as the Pokemon not only transformed, but fused together.

The Scyther and Magmar growled as they started to merge, attacking each other violently. They fused into a red colored Scyther with black blades, before the combined creature howled in pain, swinging its blades wildly about. What came to be was a red haired young man, screaming and howling in pain. Flames emitted from his body and outwards as he screamed in fury.

"Oh, my...that one looks angry." CT grinned, turning back toward Shii. Shii was still cackling, like a mad hyena. The Skarmory/Haxorus thrashed about, as well. The Lampent/Infernape seemed more confused, than anything. The Sandile/Totodile was just a young girl, no more than five years old. She was scared, alone, and confused. Great. Another child. CT already had one bothersome child to deal with, he didn't need another. Perhaps one of the others would take her in, as Ahti did for Clem.

The fusion blasted a fireball against the door. "Hey!! Lemme out of this tin can, you old fart!" he shouted. "Rather fry up than be contained by the man!"

"Hey!" CT shouted, at the "magscythe". "I am not old!" he said, hitting a fist against the class. He straightened his jacket, and sulked back toward Shii. "I don't look old, do I?" Shii still had the same grin on his face. It was hard to tell what he was thinking, but CT just assumed it was a "No."

"Yeah, whatever, Gramps." the cocky magscythe retorted. "How about you open this damn door, before you break your hip?"

CT growled, furiously. "I am 29! That is not old!!" he slammed both hands on the desk. "Keep pushing it, and you won't be let out, at all!"

The rebellious magscythe clicked his teeth, at CT. "Tch, 29? Sheesh, you're pretty much 30! Don't have a stroke while you're fuming at me, Pops. Open the door, before I bust it down and set your vcr for you."

CT stared at the fusion, for a few moments. "Shii?" he said. Shii didn't say anything. "I think this one would be a good test subject, for a reversal."

"Screw you Pops, I ain't your lab rat!" he blasted several exploding fireballs at the door, starting to cave it in. "I'll cut you up to where it looks like you have more wrinkles than you already do, if you don't let me out! You and your creepy boyfriend!"

CT was starting to get less annoyed, and genuinely angry, at this point. Shii continued to cackle. CT decided Shii's face would be good stress relief, and punched it. Shii let out a very dog-like yelp, but it didn't seem to bother him all that much.

"I think you should calm down, now." CT said, as a gas began pouring into the containment unit. "Don't worry. You'll just sleep for a while. Though if you continue to test my patience, you will not be so fortunate."

"What..the hell you spouting...augh it smells...like...." the magscythe slumped down, passing out "...fart."

"Get him in a more secure room, Shii." CT demanded, checking the vitals of the other subjects. The Skarmory/Haxorus seemed to have worn itself out, thrashing about. The little girl had fallen asleep. The Lampent/Infernape was....gone? "Blast!" CT shouted. Right. Ghost type. "Find it!" CT pointed, at the Zoroark. "I'll take care of the pesky magscythe. Just find that blasted ghost!" Shii nodded, and bolted off on all fours. CT shuddered. God, Shii was creepy.

Meanwhile, another angry Scyther was fuming. "We're going to what?" Musashi asked Zero. "You're saying we're taking his child to the beach, like we're all friends? Did you get hit in the head or something? Why would I be ok with that?"

"Oh, come on." Zero protested. "It wasn't their fault what happened, and my god, he's just a kid. You can't punish him, for what his father did." She let out a sigh. "Besides, Clem and Kai don't have many friends, and I don't think he does, either. It'll be good, for all of them. Maybe even for you."

Musashi sighed. He knew when he was defeated. "Fine fine, we can all go to the beach. It changes nothing though." he said.

Bruce sighed "Good, it's all settled. However, none of us have any swimsuits."

"Good." Zero said, still unsure about the whole thing, herself. "I'm not planning on making sandcastles or anything, so I don't really need a swimsuit." Lash bounced up and down, much like little Kai did. "Oo! Oo! I brought mine! And one for Nicky! And I packed one for you, too, Bruce, just in case!"

"You...got one for me?" Bruce asked, a little shocked.

"Well, yeah!" Lash chimed. "I figured since you were coming with us to a beach town, might as well!" she shrugged and grinned.

Zero gave Lash a strange look. She had always been like a big kid. Some things never change, apparently. She shrugged. She wasn't really a swimsuit person, but might as well join them.

"Mommy Mommy, I have a swimsuit right? Right?" Clem started to bounce happily.

"Of course you do, Clem!" Zero smiled. "Me, too?" Kai said, tugging at Zero's other sleeve. She wasn't going to be left with sleeves at all, at this rate. "You, too!"

"I...don't really mix well with water." Musashi said. "I suppose I'll just..relax in the sun or something."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version