General Discussion > Stories

The Beginning

(1/2) > >>

Madjack:
Disclaimer: Some brief, strong language. I usually keep my stories pretty PG, and hold back on language unless I feel it's necessary. In this case, it emphasized CT being full of rage and hate. If it's deemed inappropriate, I will remove or edit it.

Anyway, this is the first in a series of stories my friends and I are writing. This one tells a little backstory on our Pokemon characters, and how they become the human hybrids they are, now. You don't really need a general knowledge of Pokemon, but it may be a little confusing at the start. Once they all become human, it's much easier to follow.

Madjack:
"Alright, Gunpowder, let's go!" the young trainer shouted, as she commanded her Nidoking. Gunpowder wasn't kept in a Poke Ball. He stepped foward, and let out a monstrous roar. Gunpowder was huge. Larger than normal, for Nidoking. He stood at 5'7", exactly a foot taller than average. He was also battle scarred and had years of experience. He was always a fighter, ever since he was a little Nidoran.

A little Nidoran, fighting for his life, just outside of Viridian City. The young trainer knelt beside him, assessing his wounds. "It looks bad..." she whispered, to somebody else. The girl couldn't have been more than 10, but she had a passion for Pokemon, and had to help this little Nidoran. He was small. Looked to be the smallest one, in a group. His breathing was shallow, and he had gashes across his mouth, and a chunk of his ear bitten off. The trainer scooped him up, and hurried him to the Pokemon Center.

She waited all night. The little Nidoran wasn't hers. He was wild. That meant he had nobody else to take care of him. She had to stay, until the next morning. Nurse Joy called her over, saying he was stabilized and would make a quick recovery. It wasn't long after, the young trainer was taking the Nidoran back to the wild, to be released. He didn't want to go, though. Not after all she had done for him. He stayed, and the young trainer happily accepted him into her Pokemon family.

The two shared many wins and losses, together. They welcomed new friends, and said goodbye, to old ones. The two had become inseparable, and eventually won the Kanto and Johto leagues, together. Thirteen years has passed, and the two had grown quite strong. The young trainer, who wasn't so young anymore, had been given several opportunities for a position as a gym leader. She declined them all, preferring to live a quiet life, as a Pokemon breeder and Daycare owner. Gunpowder didn't battle much, anymore, but he helped around when she needed him to. Occasionally, she would get a challenge from a passing trainer, seeking to test her skill. Gunpowder loved the challenge, and happily fought by her side. There just wasn't much of a thrill to it, anymore. Her friend suggested she try out the Unova League, which Gunpowder agreed with.

"I don't know..." she said, unsure about hopping back into battling; "What about the Daycare? Who will look after it?"

"Seth can take care of it." he replied. "Come on, we haven't whooped a league together, since Hoenn! Don't you miss it?"

"Well...." she said. She looked over at Gunpowder. He nodded his head. He wanted to do this, but he was willing to comply with whatever his trainer said. "...Gunpowder needs to work out a little, anyway. He's getting pudgy." she smiled. Gunpowder grunted in disapproval.

And the two took on the Unova League. It was nice, to battle gym leaders, again. Moe and Gunpowder had never been to Unova, so all the new cities and towns were a refreshing change, from the same old Kanto. Gym after gym, city after city, the two demolished their way to Victory Road.

And there he was. A small, green little dragon, not much bigger than Gunpowder was, when he first met Moe. And much like Moe and Gunpowder's first meeting, he was being attacked. The Durant clamped down on the green Deino, and violently shook him.

"Hey!" Moe shouted. "Get off him!" The Durant glared at her, and continued with his would-be meal. "Alright, Gunpowder, let's go!" the young trainer shouted, as she commanded her Nidoking. He let out a monstrous roar, as he stepped foward. "Okay Gunpowder, use Thunder Bolt, and be careful not to hit the Deino!" Moe didn't need her Pokedex. She had seen trainers with Deino, throughout her Unova journey.

Gunpowder let out another roar, as he unleashed a thunder of electricity. It slammed into the Durant, who proceeded to drop the dragon and turn its attention toward Gunpowder. "Okay, now we have it's attention! Now use Earth Power!" Gunpowder smirked, as he stomped on the ground, creating a sinkhole underneath the steel bug. The Durant fell into it, and landed in a lower level of the cave. Moe and Gunpowder rushed to the helpless little dragon, and rushed it to a Pokemon Center. She couldn't leave him there. Just like she couldn't leave that injured little Nidoran, all those years ago.

"He wasn't badly injured. Looks like you got there just in time!" Nurse Joy smiled, as she brought the Deino back out. Moe smiled; "Hey there! You took a pretty good beating." The Deino only snorted at her, and turned away. Moe took him from the nurse, and headed back near Victory Road. "Well, I guess that's it. You should be more careful, next time!" she told him, and started to walk off. The Deino stood for a moment, and Moe shortly found it tagging closely behind.

"So, you wanna come with us, after all?" she smiled. The Deino only growled, but accepted her invitation into a Poke Ball. "I'm gonna name you Ferrovax!" Moe smiled. Gunpowder rolled his eyes. She seemed to name Pokemon after whatever she was currently obsessed with. In his case, it was tea.

Moe and her team went on to beat the Elite Four, but were defeated by the Champion. Gunpowder and Moe were disappointed, of course, but her newly acquired Deino was absolutely devastated. He made it a point to get stronger, learn new moves, and to one day prove to Moe, to the League, to the Champion, and to himself, that was was no longer going to get pushed around. He was there to win.

Madjack:
More years had passed. Gunpowder and Ferrovax trained together, and become close friends. They were the best double battlers Moe had ever trained, and worked flawlessly together. Ferrovax was strong. Even stronger than Gunpowder, and they both knew it. He flaunted his strength, and the stronger he became, the more violent he got.

Moe decided to re-challenge the League, with just the two. They left a path of destruction in their wake, and easily defeated the Elite Four. Gunpowder was the first in line against the champion, and eager to take on his first Pokemon, which was an Accelgor. As he was about to unleash a Thunder Bolt, Ferrovax charged out of his Poke Ball and unleashed a powerful Flamethrower, instead.

Moe called Gunpowder back. If Ferrovax was eager to fight, might as well let him. Alder narrowed his eyes. "A rebellious one, isn't he?" he said, calling back his Accelgor, who was KO'd in one hit. "You have no idea." Moe said, with a sigh. Ferrovax glared at Alder, and let out a challenging growl. The champion sent out his Bouffalant, and commanded it to use Mega Horn.

"Okay, Ferrovax, watch out for this-" Moe shouted, but the Hydreigon flew up, letting the Bouffalant's Mega Horn nearly hit Moe. "Hey! Watch it!" she shouted. Before Moe could command a move, Ferrovax built up a huge Focus Blast, and aimed it at Bouffalant: which was still very near Moe. It slammed into the buffalo, and knocked Moe off her feet. "Dammit, Ferrovax!" she shouted, trying to regain her feet. Gunpowder growled. Ferrovax's increasingly violent behavior was getting out of hand. He had seriously injured Pokemon, before, and Moe knew it was a bad idea to take him to the League. He had a bad reputation. So bad, that people had begun to call him The Corpsetaker. The injuries he inflicted on some of his opponents eventually lead to their death, and Moe was starting to have a bad reputation, herself. It was a huge risk bringing him to the League, but she thought it would be good for him. Make him better. She was wrong.

All three of Ferrovax's heads clamped down on the Bouffalant, before the champion could recall him. He began shaking it, violently, just as the Durant had shaken him, as a mere Deino. "Ferrovax! Stop it! Right now!" Moe shouted. He didn't stop. "Dammit! Gunpowder-" Gunpowder didn't wait. He knew what to do. A powerful Mega Horn slammed into the huge dragon at full force, knocking him across the arena. Gunpowder couldn't stand it, any longer. His reign of terror had to end. Right here. Right now. He slammed another Mega Horn into his teammate. And another. And another. "Gunpowder, stop! That's enough!" Moe shouted. Ferrovax was entirely unconscious, at this point, and Moe's voice was the only thing stopping Gunpowder from going any further. He panted, and stared down at his fallen teammate.

"I'm sorry...." Moe whispered. "I'm so sorry...I shouldn't have..." Alder stopped her, and knelt next to his severely injured Bouffalant. Moe sighed. She was no longer welcome in the League. She knew she should never had listened to Penelope. She should have just stayed in Kanto, at the Daycare.

And back to Kanto, she went. Gunpowder made sure Ferrovax, or Corpsetaker now, was kept secure. Moe was told to have him put down. She refused, the first several times..but after this...after all the death and chaos he had caused, she thought it would be for the best. "I'm so sorry, Ferrovax..." she whispered, to the glass case where his secure Poke Ball was kept. "But you've gotten too out of hand. I can't release you...it won't stop, if I did. This needs to end." Gunpowder rested a huge, clawed hand on her shoulder, which she graciously accepted. "Are we doing the right thing?" she said, to him. Gunpowder just let out a heavy sigh.

The silence was interrupted, but a loud knock on her door. Moe wiped the forming tears from her eyes, and went to answer it. Men in suits. What were men in suits doing at her Daycare?

"Good evening, ma'am. Is this the residence of Moe Hellbourne?" one of them said.

"Who's asking?"

"I'm Porter, this is Blackstone. We work with a group of scientists, and heard you have some very powerful and rare Pokemon. Many not even from this region. Would you consider trading any of them?"

"And just why would I do that? What kind of scientists are you, anyway? And what the heck do you need my Pokemon for?"

"I assure you, it's for a very good cause. We're researching many non-regional Pokemon, and are extremely interested in yours."

"No deal." Moe said, as she proceeded to tell them where they could shove their research, and slammed the door. Stupid science. No way was she going to trade away her beloved Pokemon, without knowing why. Of course she wasn't interested. The Gliscor standing outside at the time was, however. The Gliscor was another of Moe's Pokemon. One she used, in Sinnoh, and one that had taken a particular interest in the Hydreigon that was currently condemned to death row. She grabbed one man's jacket, with her huge claws, and made some protesting Gliscor noises, which presumably meant for them to wait. She rushed into the house, snatched Ferrovax's Poke Ball, and rushed back outside, without being seen by Moe.

She offered the Poke Ball to the man, with an expression of concern on her face. The man observed the Poke Ball, wondering what the letters 'C.T.' engraved on it could possibly mean. "Don't worry." he nodded. "We'll take good care of him."

Madjack:
(written by Tim)

Total party wipeout…that’s what it was called.

A tragic incident when a Pokemon trainer’s entire team of Pokemon is wiped out…usually when a total party wipeout happened the trainer could rush their Pokemon to the center and have them saved, usually when a Pokemon was beaten the trainer ended the match in time where they’d simply be injured…unconscious. For the first time in Johto League history, there was a trainer who didn’t stop it in time. Elite Four member Lance remembered it well, an incredibly talented battler. With determination, heart, and strategy, this boy took his team and breezed through his teammates. However, against the might of Lance’s Dragonites, his team fell.

This boy was Penelope (Preferred name Pen) Hellbourne. However, the boy was too ruthless, too stubborn. It wasn’t a bad trait though; he just had an undying trust in the strength of his team and his strategy he believed they’d pull through anything. He was too confident though, and his whole team perished from that battle.

Pen sighed. He never got over that incident…those three words…Total Party Wipeout…he remembered well. First went Judie, sweet Judie. Judie was one of his first pokemon in Joto region. He was still sad over the loss of the Caterpie Rey Rey and spotted her. He was cocky after the win in the Kanto League. He had a breeze beating the Johto league, except Lance…poor little Clementine was the last one. It was Clem versus Lance’s Charizard, all or nothing. Everyone else was bleeding badly, he had to hurry. He pushed Clementine more and more. “Come on Clem, you can do it!! Come on, hurry! We can get the others healed, please Clem! Hit it with Rollout again!”

Poor little Clementine….she got burned…not even Lance could see what was happening…the fire wouldn’t go out…Clementine suffocated and burned…Pen’s confidence shattered. He caused the death of six great teammates. For a good long time he couldn’t look any of his remaining Pokemon in the face, holed up in his room. What could he do? Moe was a breeder, she loved doing it. Pen, however, all he had was battling. It was all he craved, he tried to do contests but it wasn’t the same. Pen hated the contests; it gave off only the illusion of what battling gave. Pen craved battling; he and his Pokemon loved it. The thrill, the rush, the clash between two minds and their Pokemon; Speed, power, strategy, they all came together in a heated duel. It was…addicting. Not then though, Pen couldn’t take the risk. Every battle was heated and ruthless, he couldn’t hold back. Moe came to him one day. “Come on, let’s take on the Hoenn League, Pen.”, she said through his bedroom door.

“Pen...your Pokemon miss you. You may have lost faith in yourself, but they haven’t. Come on, those six wouldn’t want you to be like this, you seem ruthless but it’s because you push all your Pokemon. They know you push them because you know they can be the best. What happened was tragic Pen, we all know, but don’t let that shake who you are. “

Pen sighed, “I can’t do it Moe…I just….I know I’ll cause more death… I know it… how much more blood must I have on my hands for my own confidence?” Then Pen felt a scratching at his door from Musashi, his Scyther.

“Master...it is all right. You are Pen Hellbourne, Pokemon master. Your undying faith in your team gives us the strength to fight on where other Pokemon would fall. Take on the Hoenn challenge, show everyone how great you are…if anything…do it for those that died in Johto. Do it for Judie, Sheldon, TC, Kirby, Randy, and Clementine. Beat the Leagues for them, in their memory.”

Pen stood up and slid his Pokemon master shirt on, slipped his backpack, glasses, and hat on. They were all right, without battling and pushing his team past the limit he has nothing! So many others could fall back on something, but Pen never gave up because becoming a Pokemon master was what his dream was. “Moe…let’s go to Hoenn…and kick its ass!”

Pen finally won his confidence back, taking on the Hoenn League. There were more deaths, but through them he kept fighting. Pen was flowing with confidence and had Moe come to Unova. Pen was shocked at little Ferrovax's ruthlessness, it was horrifying. Pen failed to beat Alder before Moe challenged him, fortunately all his team survived. He tried his best to comfort her.

“Hey hey Moe, it’s ok. He just…has problems…but with love you can get him to calm down, you should just…keep him from battling.” He said. “If you want, I can take care of him. Maybe I can train it out of him if you want… just an option. It’s much better than the…alternative…”

A knock came to Pen’s door.

“Penelope Hellbourne?”

“Pen, yes.” 

“I heard you had a very…unfortunate accident at the Johto league a while back.”

Pen clutched his chest, remembering the total party wipeout.

“Yes….and I don’t care to speak of such traumatic experiences, especially with a tuxedo wearing shitberg stranger.”

"No need to be hostile. My name is Blackstone.”

“Nice name.” Pen interrupted with snark.

“Yes. Anywaym I want to inform you that your team, or at least some of the stronger ones, can be brought back, if you would be willing to cooperate with us.”

Pen’s eyes widened, brought back? Clem and the others? “H…how? Please tell me.”

“It’s experimental, but if you would hand over some of you current team, we could use their DNA to bring back living tissue.”

Now that gave Pen pause. He loved the idea of seeing the others again, but to release the current ones he had? He couldn’t. “I’m sorry Mister Blackstone. I appreciate your offer…I really do…but those deaths…they happened. I can’t change my past, that event changed me, molded me into who I am now. I’ve moved on, and I know they’re happy in the afterlife, looking down on me. I’m sorry I’ll have to decline.” He closed the door.

The next morning was horrifying. He rushed to Moe’s house “Moe! They’re gone! Musashi, Jean, and Avenger! They’ve been Pokenapped! That..that man Blackstone..he must have taken them!.”

Madjack:
LANGUAGE WARNING

"I told you to get the Nidoking," a man said. "Not this....monster." he watched as Ferrovax roared and thrashed, inside the containment area. He slammed his head against the reinforced glass, unable to make a single crack in it.

"She wouldn't go for it. She's not giving him up." another guy said. It sounded like one of the men who took Ferrovax.

"Hm." the first man grunted. He looked like he was some kind of scientist, only slightly mad. "I suppose he'll do, then." They watched as the dragon continued to trash about, waiting for him to tire himself out. He slammed against the glass one final time, and slid down, letting out a soft growl. "About time. Get him fully restrained. Can't have anything go wrong, during the transformation."

Ferrovax was restrained, unable to move. Men and women, presumably scientists, were hooking all sorts of wires to him. What was going on? The last thing he remembered, he was in the Pokemon League, now all these people were connecting wires to him and poking him with needles. They all left him, and had the room once again tightly secured. He was alone, again.

Then there was pain. Oh god, the pain. There was a flash of lights, and he let out a near-deafening roar. He tried struggling to get free, but all he could do was try to endure it. There was so much pain...and then blackness. Everything went black and quiet and cold. Then it got white, and the noises buzzed in his ears. Then everything blurred, and the talking of the scientists sounded more like drunken slurring. He wobbled, unable to stand. The light was blinding. The noises were so loud that they might as well been screaming.

Ferrovax fell to his hands and knees. Wait. Hands? Knees? "What....did you do, to me..." he said, in a quiet, but very deep voice, laced with a British accent. He spoke Human, now? "What's going on?" he thought to himself. He was tired. He hurt. The light and the noises made his head pound. He fell to the floor, his entire body screaming in pain.

He awoke in a room. Great. More bright lights. He shielded his eyes from the blinding lights, with his....hands? So it wasn't a dream. He wiggled his fingers. He had also apparently been clothed in an all-white shirt and pants. What the hell was going on? He sat up. His head screamed at him. "nnngh!" he growled, holding his head.

"He's awake!" one man shouted a lot louder than Ferrovax would have liked. "Blasted humans...." Ferrovax growled. He slid back into his bed. His head hurt. He was hungry. Confused. He just wanted to go home.

The door slid open. "Awake, I see." a man said. He recognized the voice. "You can call me Dr. Blackstone. How are you feeling? Can you...speak?"

The former dragon didn't look at him. "What did you do, to me?" he said, quietly. "Oh, good." he began writing something, in his notes. "I said," Ferrovax growled. "What the fuck did you do, to me?" he shouted, jumping out of his bed, and seizing the man by the collar of his shirt. "NNNGH!" he growled, grabbing at his head.

"Easy," Blackstone said, trying to keep him from falling down. "Easy, CT." CT? Oh, right. Corpse Taker. They must not know his real name. For the better. Ferrovax was a stupid name. He sat back on the bed. "What....what's going on? Where am I? Why....why am I...."

"Human?" The doctor finished. CT nodded. "You were the first of a breakthrough experiment, in which we're able to transform Pokemon to humans. Looks like it didn't turn you 100%, though." he said, noting CT's purple-streaked hair, obsidian black eyes, and magenta pupils.  "Why? How?"

"Bill's old teleportation experiment was fascinating. Although the accident there wasn't meant to happen, we thought, 'What if we could replicate it, on purpose?' Of course, Dittos are able to transform into anything they like. So, why can't other Pokemon do it?" he smiled, writing more in his notepad. CT growled at the throbbing pain in his head. "So we've been experimenting with Dittos. We've become able to replicate their transformation ability, though it's still a work in progress, obviously."

CT blinked. Bill? He shook his head, and started to stand up, again. The headache had gone from a screaming pain, to a dull throb. "It will take some getting used to, of course." Blackstone said.

"It's permanent?" CT said. "Well, we haven't quite figured out how to reverse it-"

"You're going to leave me like this?" the ex-dragon hissed. "I'm sorry, but there's nothing we can do, right now. We'll need to run further tests-" CT stopped him, again. "I will not be your lab Rattata!" he growled. He seemed to be doing a lot of growling. What else could he still do? "You're all we have, to work with! Think of what we can learn, from you!" Blackstone protested.

"I want. To go home." CT insisted.

"You can't."

"The hell I can't!"

"You can't. You were...." Blackstone trailed off.

"I was what?" CT raised an eyebrow.

"You were on death row. They were going to put you down, after what happened at the League." the scientist sighed. "We've heard about you and the rest of Hellbourne's team. Our boss told us to get the Nidoking, but his trainer refused. She wouldn't trade any of her team. The Gliscor gave us your Poke Ball, and we took it out of sheer desperation. Miss Hellbourne has no idea where you are. You can't go back."

CT was at a loss for words. Death row? They had put him on death row. They were supposed to be his friends. His teammates. They were going to pay for this. All of them. His eyes flickered with anger, and his hands began to glow with orange, circling energy. He slammed both fists into a wall, in an explosive burst of energy. Holy crap. Focus Blast? "You can still use moves..." Blackstone said, somewhat stunned. He scrambled for his pen and notepad, and began nervously scribbling things down, once more.

CT was still burning with rage. They were going to kill him. His friends. Maybe being human wasn't so bad, after all. Maybe it could be useful, especially since he still had his moveset. He could start fresh, if he ever got out of here. Or maybe....maybe he could stick around, just long enough to learn from these people. That seemed like a good plan. Befriend them. Learn from them. And when the time is right, and there's nothing more to gain, kill them. Kill them all, and start somewhere new.

CT stood up straight, and tugged at his shirt, straightening it. He grinned at Blackstone, showing his still very sharp teeth. "I think we got off to a bad start."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version