Canon Fodder

• May 09, 2024, 11:13:55 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PE Page 18 (Full)  (Read 5733 times)

Dragyn

PE Page 18 (Full)
« on: February 11, 2009, 11:15:00 AM »

There's quite a bit lost in resizing the comic.  While I usually lose a lot more with the smaller panels, you can still see how the shading compresses by comparing the comic version with these slightly-less-than-full-size images.

With the Characters

Without the Characters

You'll note that I cut a bit off of the bottom of the image, and removed the outer border (and the text), and it's currently sized to fit my desktop.

If anybody actually wants me to, I could easily shrink these to be a (really weird) desktop background.  If you actually have a bigger resolution than these, I can go a bit bigger, since I still have the original image, as well.

Note that removing the characters was a simple matter of turning off about 10 layers; Inking, Color, Whitespace, 3 Shading Layers, The pillar's shadow (2 layers)...so only 8 layers...

Well, I was close...

Darknes

Re: PE Page 18 (Full)
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 01:51:00 PM »

8 layer just to remove characters. I beginning to think sticking with pencil and paper is the way to go.

Dragyn

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 03:32:00 PM »

Well, if you do it on pencil and paper, you can't remove the characters at all.  At least, not without having to redraw whatever was under them.  Besides, turning off layers is just a matter of unchecking boxes.

bloodreaper

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 04:17:00 PM »

Plus, you remove those layers by un-checking a box.

Dragyn

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 04:19:00 PM »

Isn't that what I just said?

Darknes

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 07:54:00 PM »

well i did some expermenting and figured out the layers but now i saved it and it "flattened" my image. how do i get my layers back.

I also have begun to enjoy layer thanks for the paint.net recommendation. now if i could get good at drwing  i'll be set

bloodreaper

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 11:05:00 AM »

Hit undo, right after you save, to go back to the un-flattened version.

If you want to save it with the layers separate, you need to save as a .pdn file.

PDN files don't display in most viewers, like a web browser, so you usually want to save two versions, a PDN for future modification, and a GIF or JPG for uploading to the web.

Darknes

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2009, 03:30:00 PM »

so if i closed the program after saveing it is permenatly flattened. good to know be fore i did anything i really cared about.

Faith

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 07:49:00 AM »

*Laugh!!!*   :D

Sorry. =J
But the practice helps a lot... heh.
I like how you have an extensive background, so... (before you make something permanent...) heh.
I've been meaning to ask, though... is there a way to undo a particular action without omitting everything else you've done between the now and the then?

That's neat.   :D
I like it. ^-^
However...
Heh. Was that an intentional perspective warp?
It looks like the angle of the floor and the house was lessened... to being less than the normal 90 degrees.
Heh.
It looks really neat though.   ;)  
I like it. We're finally getting to see the inside of the keep, too.   ;D

Dragyn

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 06:45:00 PM »

Like I said--I know the rules, but it's more fun to break them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up