Canon Fodder

• May 13, 2024, 01:50:42 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The Colors You Glow...  (Read 8919 times)

Dragyn

The Colors You Glow...
« on: September 17, 2008, 07:42:00 AM »

"The Colors You Glow" was the topic at hand at Xepher.net, for the art thread, in which anybody who felt like it put their submissions.  There isn't any way to win, or anything, but it's fun, so whatever.

That, by the way, is the entire reason behind this piece:

I made this a while ago, a bit (1 day) after I made the Dark Lord of Chocolate...thing.  I figured I may as well put it here, too.

So...comments?

Faith

Re: The Colors You Glow...
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 05:21:00 PM »

Shiny...   ;D

You already heard my comments. ^_^

Well... all except for one, sudden, completely random one... he's kinda doing a stretch we have to do in X-C... O.o
Well... minus the wide eyes, gaping mouth and extended arm which could be considered a sign of agonized pleading... well... for most people, that's not the stretch... though some of 'em really don't like it... XD

I know, it's not really quite{/i] what you were going for... it just seemed the right comparison, at the moment...   ;D
I'm kinda rather curious as to what you were thinking when you drew him. ?

Aside from that, I still like the affects; like that, there, under is right hand.   :)

Dragyn

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 02:38:00 PM »

...try using a left square bracket in place of a curly brace.

And I do believe the one you were after is "effects" sin "affects" means it's changing something...

Agonized pleading, eh?  Glad that one worked, then.  Not so sure on the stretch thing, though...

Ya' know, that's a good question.  What was I thinking when I drew this?

Faith

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 10:54:00 AM »

Er.. heh... oops.   ;D

I knew... I just failed, anyway... >.<
(On both accounts.   :P  )

So, there was agonized pleading involved but you have no clue what it was for?   :)

You tend to forget what you were thinking about, a lot, don't you? =J

Dragyn

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 09:51:00 AM »

Well yeah.

Faith

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 02:03:00 PM »

Heh.   :)

Hm... I'd offer a couple suggestions... but after that last little disaster I don't think that'd be at all too wise...
I've gotta' work on giving suggestions without making it sound like I've picked the thing apart and kept prodding at the remains well after it was necessary... don't I?
I really don't try to. >.<

Dragyn

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 03:30:00 PM »

Practice makes perfect, Faith.

Shoot.

Faith

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 05:16:00 PM »

Er... okay...

His chest can be muscular, but... the placing of the neck and shoulder makes the chest look out of place, rather than that, which I think you were going for...

Then he kinda looks like he's stretching because of the way his right leg sticks out, behind him, in contrast to his left, in front.
I would guess he's supposed to be kneeling... or something like that, maybe... but it looks too... close to the ground and straight.
I'd doubt he was trying to do that, because the stretch in itself is somewhat unnatural for choice positions. Not too hard, perhaps, but I don't think anyone would naturally choose it for preference in the apparent situation. You could try it and find out, if you were bored enough.

Was that too much?...
The last one I might've gotten carried away with... ... ...

Dragyn

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 05:51:00 AM »

He is stretching a bit, yes, though I strongly doubt he chose his position...

Yeah, the back of his neck and right shoulder ended up a bit further back than intended.  I guess that happens a bit with these 30 minute pictures...

I don't think you got carried away, no.  That's sorta' what a critique is for.

Fox

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 12:45:00 PM »

The way his legs are, mainly his right one, seem kind of painful. >.o I think Faith pretty much summed everything up..so I won't bother critiquing. :3 However, I do have one question: do you use a pen tool?

Blue tounge & glowy stuff is awesome, though.

Faith

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 06:43:00 PM »

Hehehe... 'tis why I compared his face to those of the people in X-C with me, when they do that stretch. XD
I think it feels good... but people think I'm odd...   :P

However, the guy with the glow is doing very well at it, even for what the agonized pleading expression is implying...   ;D

Well, I've decided I'm finally gonna' try putting something in here. Someone said they'd like me to. =J
So that's gonna' be up, whenever I find the time...

Dragyn

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2008, 05:24:00 AM »

I...don't have an actual pen tool.  As I recall, the pen tool is the one for drawing lines/curves, right?  I use the Paint.Net equivalent, if so, but it's nowhere near as complex as the one you'll find in Gimp/Photoshop.  

I suppose I should try to use Gimp, since it's supposedly much more powerful, but I just don't like its interface as much.

Faith

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2008, 05:10:00 PM »

Gimp?...

How does the being "more powerful" thing work?
How's it good?

Fox

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2008, 10:10:00 AM »

Yeah. I didn't know what else to call it, as all I've ever used is Photoshop. XP

Your linework just seemed like it was something other than a mouse/tablet at work. >.> Not..that that's a bad thing..it was just my own, strange way of giving a compliment. xP

bloodreaper

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2008, 06:08:00 AM »

That's probably 'cause he inks with splines.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up