Canon Fodder

• May 18, 2024, 07:54:33 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: 100 theme challenge...joyous  (Read 48996 times)

Faith

Re: 100 theme challenge...joyous
« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2008, 05:51:00 AM »

Heh.

That sounds like a rather neat idea...   ;D
Grr... the bell makes me go now...
Off to my first hour. >.<

Fox

« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2008, 12:53:00 PM »

Are You Challenging Me? is up! Fafnir is so much fun to draw...x3

Not entirely sure what's going on, here..or how she's even able to hold up that sword. I'm just glad the scanner didn't butcher it. ^__^

Faith

« Reply #92 on: November 28, 2008, 01:40:00 PM »

*Laugh!!!*   :D

Nice...   ;D

At first, I thought that was a response to something I'd said... O.o XD

Fox

« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2008, 01:24:00 PM »

Advertisement is up. Totally drew a blank for this theme. 'Twas drawing Ninja-Fox and Marlin...and it went from there. xP

Marlin speaks the truth, though. RCAC is made of fail; filled with bad artwork and lame stories. :3

Also..apologies for the mild chatspeak.

Faith

« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2008, 03:00:00 AM »

*Snrk*

RCAC isn't bad.   :P
Heh. Though I get the "and went from there..." pretty well.

Fox

« Reply #95 on: November 30, 2008, 03:28:00 PM »

I seem to be liking MS Paint, lately.

Anywho...Misfortune is up..and I must warn, there is a bit of gore involved.

Why was Fuego hit with a whaling harpoon? I have no idea. I guess that's left up to your imagination. xP

Faith

« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2008, 07:00:00 PM »

Um, ouch?

Pretty detailed, I'd just say that the wound looks a bit flat, at the opening point; too straight, more of a slice rather than a tear/burst through. It would probably spread blood a bit differently on Fuego; as is, it just looks like there's a little bit in the fur, right at the rim of the tear. Maybe more spread, considering the, er, explosive nature of the injury.

But other than that, yeah; very detailed. In fact, I suggest the squeamish do not look. XD
Fuego's good, considering the fact that he's been impaled by a harpoon.

Dragyn

« Reply #97 on: December 01, 2008, 08:15:00 AM »

Um...

Ouch?

Yeah, a bit smooth of a break, and not as much spatter as would be expected, though that may just be a matter of taste...

Taste...

mmmm....blood.

Fox

« Reply #98 on: December 01, 2008, 09:19:00 AM »

I did the marks in the fur to show more of a break, but, as usual, failed. The bigger opening is on the other side..but meh.

Also..there's so little actual spatter, because of his immortality. The blood coagulates when a major injury occurs, until it heals; otherwise he'd be one big walking mess. There's more spatter at the end of the harpoon than there is at the actual impact point, because of this.
(of course..I probably would have added just a bit more, had I been working in Photoshop, rather than Paint..and had I not sustained an injury to my right thumb..)

See? This is why I need to get back to writing bios about my characters....

Faith

« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2008, 03:55:00 AM »

*Laugh!!!*   :D

"Mm, blood?" XD
Er, Dragyn? Have you been eating lately?
And... um... should I ask what?

Heh.   ;D
Did it ever say he was immortal? I don't recall that. *Shrug*
I might add that there could've been more of an, well, effect (blood, tear, whatnot) while still complying with that, by just keeping it near or on him. But I see how that would be difficult to draw.
And so is yet another bizarre conversation. XD

Fox

« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2008, 12:14:00 PM »

Bizzare, indeed. :3

I think I did mention a little bit about that on his bio in the now-dead RP section. >.>

Faith

« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2008, 07:39:00 PM »

Ah, yeah.
... Everything dies. >.<
(Which is ironic, considering the previous topic in the conversation.)

bloodreaper

« Reply #102 on: December 05, 2008, 12:17:00 AM »

"Small entry wound, large exit wound"

High velocity projectiles will leave a cone shaped hole in the victim, because the impact shockwaves spreading through the tissue, tearing it apart. A low velocity round, or a high tensile strength tissue might prevent that cone, but a bullet going that slow will generally lodge inside before it passes through a target, particularly through the trunk or the body.

You're never going to have a larger entry wound than exit wound on a thu-and-thu, even if the rounds are sub-sonic, (Which can happen, but usually only with rounds designed to punch through armor.)

Judging from the lack or tearing and spatter, as well as your comments, the tensile strength of his tissue must be several times greater than that of normal organic matter. If he's really that solid, we should see some degree of damage to the harpoon itself, like a blunted point and the hooks bent back.

It's hard to understand how such a well sized treble hook could have left such a small wound, and still gotten all the way trough. The wound is smaller than the cross section of the projectile at every angle.

One could argue that his tissue, while while high in tensile strength is still as elastic and flexible as that of an ordinary person (possibly even more so), allowing it to squish to the sides, allowing a large projectile to pass, but snapping back to leave a much smaller hole. This is akin to what happens when you put a fishhook through your finger, and like in this picture, the only way to get it out, is going to be to push it all the way through.

Fun.

If you ever do decide to work out how the physics of his immortality work, I encourage you to keep in mind the effect that changes in density or composition would have on his mass. Being heavier will make it so that it takes more force to through him around, while being lighter will allow him to survive hits that throw him a considerable distance.

The first one allows him to stop a bus with himself or perform other superhero like tricks, while the other lends itself to him getting thrown by the bus without seriously damaging either.

Also, does his immortality come with super strength, or if something large falls on him is he pinned (as opposed to being crushed or able to push it off of himself)?

Indestructible super-heroes with believable physics is a brand of mental acrobatics I enjoy from time to time, hence this excessive post. It's a tricky problem, and a lot harder to do in a universe without magic.

Dragyn

« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2008, 06:43:00 AM »

And, as usual, Felbloodreaper manages to prove he knows more about killing things than I do.

He also thinks about physics a lot more, but hey, I know enough.

Usually.

Fox

« Reply #104 on: December 05, 2008, 08:36:00 AM »

I'm a cartoonist. Physics mean nothing to me. :B

Though, I will point out one thing. He is very light, despite the muscles. He needs to be light, otherwise the wings would be useless.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15   Go Up