Canon Fodder

• May 06, 2024, 10:05:08 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So, how was your Christmas?  (Read 5937 times)

Faith

So, how was your Christmas?
« on: December 25, 2008, 10:39:00 AM »

What'd you do, where'd you go, who'd you see, et cetera.
(Everything.)   ;D

Fox

Re: So, how was your Christmas?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 01:39:00 PM »

So far, so good! I'm on the verge of collapsing, 'cause I didn't sleep much last night...but other than that, pretty darn good.

Got a lava lamp, Marvel encylcopedia, Tomb Raider: Underworld, MK vs. DC, three Star Wars bobbleheads, a wi-fi detecting shirt, Nerd Herd & Global Dynamic shirts, Bejeweled 3, Paula Deen & Guy Fieri cookbooks, dragon, mace, axe, and some eatable stuffs.

Pretty good Christmas. :3

Faith

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 02:26:00 AM »

*Laugh!!!*   :D

Neat. ^_^
Heh. You have an interesting variety of gifts. Sounds like fun.   ;D
Oy, my sleeping pattern's been all out of wack, too. XD
I woke up at midnight today, and haven't gotten back to sleep, since. I'm starting to get hungry, and what I got for Christmas can only sustain me for so long. XD   :P

My family got together, for Christmas, again, and that was pretty well missed. =J
My cousins couldn't come, but I got to see my uncle and grandparents, and talked to the one cousin, over the phone.
My Grandpa has been building this shop, and we got to see it. It's huge.
And we had a fantastic Christmas dinner, thanks to my Grammie.   :)

Heh. We got the dorkiest little tree, this year. The branches stick straight up, and it looked like it was flooded, with the presents and ornaments. Maybe I'll send a picture. (I just think it's hilarious. XD )

Well, I got a lot of pretty cool stuff, myself.
I got plenty of edibles. (Mwahaha, lots of chocolate!   :D  )
And my Grammie knitted together a hat, for me. ^_^
Then I got these socks, with gingerbread people on them, and then something called a "Snug Sack."
Despite the name, I am rather fond of this item. I just can't figure out how all of the buttons are supposed to work, is all. XD
(Basically, it's a blanket with buttons, which can make it into something of a shawl/coat-type thing. It's polar fleece. *Warm...* (E    )
Then there's this really neat necklace, with a letter for my name, on it.   :)  
And I got the entire coin collection for the fifty states! My grandparents have a store, so they collected them all, one by one.   ;D  
And I have a painting from my cousin, with a poem she copied, and taped on the back. The painting consists of calligraphic writing, for my name. and the background's all opalescent swirls. It's really neat.   :D
Oh, and I got an M&M jar. Guess what was inside of it. (Wahahaha; chocolate, chocolate, chocolate!!!)
Then there was a couple of books, too. I read one possibly a thousand times, when I was younger, and wore off the cover, and the other I've never even heard of, before. So that means I'll have something to keep me preoccupied for the normally (in good weather...) 4 hour drive, back home. XD
And I got a stuffed puppy. =) 'Tis cute, and fuzzy. ^_^

My family had a good Christmas, together.
It was great, 'cuz, well, we were all together. I had really missed my more distant relatives, and we couldn't be together, for a long time, until now.

bloodreaper

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 09:43:00 AM »

I got a couple of swords. A display sword and wooden sword with a big legal disclaimer telling me to never ever spar with it or hit anyone with it for any reason.

Yeah, that's going to happen.

Still, I already have my old dinged up sword for practice, so I'll probably keep this one nice and shiny-new.

I got a cool dragon statue, but It's still at my folks house. DW is going to bring it down when he returns to this city in few days. I don't believe he'll be working on comics up there. Sorry, folks.

I ate a lot of pie.

Pie is good.

Faith

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2008, 04:47:00 AM »

*Laugh!!!*   :D

Oh, more violence from Bloodreaper. XD
And yet people continue giving you sharp, pointy objects...   ;D    :P

Yeah, some warning/safety labels are just ridiculous.
(Firework) "Warning: This product shoots balls of fire. Do not light in house. Point it away from yourself and other people."
That was pretty sad, if they thought they had to tell us that. XP
But the whole, "This product shoots balls of fire," was pretty great, in my opinion.   ;D
However, it doesn't nearly top this one.
(Bag of nuts) "Warning: may contain nuts."
So... ... ... what else ya' got in there, anyway?

Heh. Those sound like fun gifts, too.   ;D

Hehehe.
Yes. Pie. Very good. XD

Er, a question; what do you mean by the W in DW, anyway?

bloodreaper

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2008, 05:10:00 PM »

Peanuts are technically a lentil, but they are processed in the same factories as other kinds of nuts, so they have to put that warning on there, for people who aren't allergic to peanuts, but are allergic to other kinds of nuts.

Faith

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2008, 03:55:00 AM »

Oh.

How do you know that? XD

Dragyn

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 02:15:00 PM »

DW is my nickname when I work on coding or modding things.  It's short for DragynWulf.

It's a lot shorter to write DW than Dragyn or DragynWulf.

bloodreaper

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2008, 05:52:00 PM »

I read it somewhere. I read a lot of things and can't be expectd to keep track.

This has a downside, in that I tend to repeat things I learned from people who were actually spouting very convincing sounding babble.

Dragyn

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 01:53:00 PM »

The peanut thing comes from a more reliable source, though--Mom.

Faith

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2008, 03:34:00 PM »

*Laugh!!!* XD

The convincing sounding babble can be very entertaining, at the least.   :P
Hehehe. But the mom-thing is great. XD

Pages: [1]   Go Up