Canon Fodder

• May 10, 2024, 01:19:42 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Halloween, '08  (Read 19328 times)

Faith

Happy Halloween, '08
« on: October 21, 2008, 06:23:00 PM »

How does putting off the 100 Theme Challenge for a bit to finish a piece for Halloween sound?   ;D

I was thinking that we could put any Halloween bits we come up with under this topic, for '08.
Hey, more organized, right?
Also, it might kinda get the motivation going, with this set in advance, and it'll be fun to see everything we made up, put together.

So, if ya'll want to, here'tis.   :)

(Happy Halloween, Mwahahahaha!  [img]http://beastling.xepher.net/images/forum/ramjik.gif" alt=">:(" title=">:(" border="0"/> ) C'mmon, you knew it had to be put in here, somewhere.   :P    ;D  )

Fox

Re: Happy Halloween, '08
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 08:15:00 AM »

Bweheheee....soooo may fun ideas for this. :3 I might start on a re-draw of an old Macabre bit, later. x3

Faith

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 05:49:00 PM »

Heh.   :D

I was thinking of trying something with one of Dragyn's characters, myself...
They seem more suiting, somehow... XD

But I might put more in here, if I think of it.
We can do that, if we want. The more the better.   ;D

Fox

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 07:05:00 PM »

>.>

<.<

Preview:

It's the only panel I have done, thus far..'cause it's late. Doesn't seem very Halloween-ish now, does it? :3 I guess you'll just have to..WAIT AND SEE. Right now..I sleep. *wanders on off*

(yes..it's my avatar. x3)

bloodreaper

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 12:05:00 AM »

Like, stop work on the 100 themes thing, and do something else?

I suppose it's cheating to try to count them twice like that....'

Alright, you talked me into it. Just so you know, the guys I'm GMing for this afternoon are going to have to hate you for this, since I'll be sketching instead of sleeping of preparing.

Faith

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 06:12:00 PM »

O.o

Heh.   ;D

'Kay. We'll wait, Fox...   ;D
(Looks nice.   ;)  I like the puffs of breath. )
And besides. That can be the... lighter/simple side of Halloween?... ':D
Meh. Knowing you that's just not happening. XD
Might as well start looking for an explosion, or something like that.   :P
(More Thanksgiving, anyway.)

Heheh...   :D
Well, I never said something about that... but it's up to you.   ;D
GMing?
Not sleeping or preparing? Now that one sounds not so good.   :P  
Halloween's still a couple days off, I think you can relax...   ;)
Also, this might spare my being hated by so many people I don't know... O.o    :P    ;D

Fox

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 07:15:00 PM »

Explosion? You act like you know me. =D

Hm..I haven't really had time to do another panel..as it's a huge file, and I'm missing Katarizo's update because of it. (well, that..and I'm spending Friday/Saturday with my mom, before her class reunion) I'll get to it before Halloween actually gets here....I hope. >.>

Dragyn

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 11:17:00 PM »

Hehehe.

Here I am, here to show ya'll up.

Okay, no, not really.  I should've been scripting out the next PE, instead, I give you this:

This...is the Halloween picture for this year.  I know I missed last year, but hey, other than that, I've managed to do it every year, might as well try to keep it up.

Oh.  Lest I forget, thanks to Legion for the advice.  You were right.

By the way, it's already on the site, since I find it easier to do it all at once, so I don't forget anything.  Look in the P.E.E.P. to see the link.  It's there in 3 sizes.

On a semi-related note, I was turning off/toggling layers while making the little link-box icon you get on the extras page.  I ended up with something I found a bit...disturbing.  Things like that are better shared, so:

I also found this one interesting, though not quite so freaky, so I'll share it, too.

Enjoy!

I look forward to your work.  I figured I may as well lead the charge, here, since I'd already started.

(Please proceed to critique my piece.  That is, after all, the main reason I put it here...)

EDIT:  Just noticed I hadn't actually responded to this one, yet.

Hmm...we'll see just where your Halloween thing goes.  If yours does go to the lighter side, well...I'd frankly be a tad surprised.

Not that you've set a precedent or anything...

Faith

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 08:39:00 AM »

*Laugh!!!*   :D

Woah... the eyes are neat...
And the stitches look painful and make me feel itchy wherever he's go them... >.<

Hm... it's good.   ;)
I'd make a suggestion, no matter...
His chest looks... flat... an then a bit more than "broad."
You adding more shading to his sides might help... ?

Dragyn

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 01:40:00 PM »

Hmm...good point.

He does look flat.  I did a bit of shading, but it's not really enough.

There should be more shading to make him seem less wide, too, but I think I got distracted putting fire in the background.

Maybe I'll go back and fix it.

Faith

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2008, 04:45:00 PM »

Heh!   :D

The fire is really good.   ;)
How'd you do that?...

Also, the hair turned out well.
 :)

So is this a character, or just for fun?
What's the line on his right shoulder?

Oh... oops. I forgot to respond to Fox... >.<
Sorry.

Heh!   :D
Oh, after however much time of conversing over a forum, perhaps just a bit.   ;D

Well... 'lemme see... it's a week, now, 'till Halloween?
Huh. That's closer than I thought, for some reason... XD

Dragyn

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2008, 06:32:00 PM »

Hmm...

This isn't a character, no.  He does look pretty cool, so he might end up in some future project.

To make the fire:  make a layer.  Color that layer black.  Put another layer on top of that.  take an orange color, and pull the transparency down to 12 (for the color, not the layer.).  Draw in some vaguely fire shaped lines, and be sure to go over them more towards the bottom, which increases the opacity.  Repeat this with red-orange and yellow-orange.  All of the colors should be in the same layer.

Next, go to the Effects Menu in Paint.Net.  Select the blur effect known as Fragment.  Set it to have about 25-30 fragments, and increase the distance 'till it looks right.  (In this case, it was a pretty low number).  Duplicate the layer that results, to increase the brightness.

Fire!

Note that if you don't have the "Fragment Blur" effect, you'll need to update Paint.Net to the newest version.

For anyone using the Gimp, Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop. or whatever, sorry--don't know how to work with those.

Faith

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2008, 11:55:00 AM »

Heh. =J

Hm... I'm still working on mine... buy I have to replenish my stock in colored pencils...  >.<
Meh. I'll get it figured out.

Just to note - you don't mind my using one your characters, do you, Dragyn?

Fox

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2008, 02:52:00 PM »

Well, I wanted to have Katarizo up today..but my mom had some problems at the airport, and we were stuck there all day, yesterday. x_x So that will have to wait until Monday or just not update.

Point is..I have my picture done. It's kind of big, though. >.>

Okay..so the only thing "Halloween" is the costume reference..but I couldn't resist having Charley be the one to put the smack-down on Raptor. x3

Faith

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2008, 09:02:00 PM »

*Laugh!!!*   ;D

Nice... XD

I've a few suggestion-type-things... mostly involving the disappearance of glasses, how narrow everything looks in the interesting perspective, there, perhaps from trying to fit everything in there (which otherwise was well done, nice wings)in the first panel, second slide and lastly her neck looks a bit long, or her shoulders too low, in the last panel, maybe a result of the turtleneck. You seem fond of turtlenecks in autumn apparel. =J

Overall that's not much considering how many images are in there, three to six images, one of which was only something you forgot. And it turned out really well.   ;)
I liked the expressions.   :D

Also, he's married?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up