Canon Fodder

• May 13, 2024, 10:36:22 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What're you guys doin'...?  (Read 6901 times)

Faith

What're you guys doin'...?
« on: March 01, 2010, 03:46:00 AM »

*Exhaustedly collapses in computer chair to type this thing up...*

Okay, it's not that bad. XD   :P
But that is kinda my extenuating circumstance on the matter of not being on here... ever.

I've been trying to do school, Track starts, skiing, 4-H, tack swaps, social events with friends, searching for lost puppies and trying to find them their homes, training my horse, cleaning out the airstream so I can move in...
And on top of all that, attempting the basics, such as sleeping and eating.   :P

Hahaha. Nah, I make it sounds worse than it really is.   ;D    :P

But I am now curious, before I go to school this day...
What're you all up to?

Dragyn

Re: What're you guys doin'...?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 09:35:00 PM »

I'm working off and on on Shadow Wolf, I'm porting Zombies over to XNA so that I can maybe possibly eventually try to sell it on XBox Live, I'm drawing the Group Shot for all the blokes over on Crimson Flag, and occasionally even working on PE.

Other than that...not much.

bloodreaper

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 08:33:00 AM »

I was doing sprites for Shadow Wolf, but my productivity has been impaired by Rome: Total War.

Taking over the world, by any means necessary is just so much fun. It's like getting to be Hitler, but without actually having to be one of the most hated people in history, because the Romans won, and thus got to write off all their war crimes as cultural misunderstandings.   ::)

Plus, this is pre-Geneva, so the only tribunals I'll be attending will be to determine whether I've been murdering enough barbarian peasants to prove my loyalty.   :P

Seriously though, this racist dogma or ethnic cleansing and slavery creeps me out just a bit. It's kind of nice when you reach the second tech level and it becomes possible to grant citizenship to conquered peoples, through service to the empire. Freeing slaves who help you enslave other peoples is still kind of harsh, but it's a step up from killing some of my own ancestors, because they have beards, and can't spell.

The point is, absolute ruthlessness is only fun if you don't think about it too much. Then it's a blast.

Fox

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 10:41:00 AM »

Most of what I've been doing, is personal family-issues.

Other than that? Prank calling, and arting..as always.

bloodreaper

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 05:12:00 PM »

I used to hate prank callers, but then I found a use for them.

When I get a prank call, I play along, like I don't realize what's happening.

Then, when the call is over, I call them back. Bonus points if someone significantly older picks up the phone.

To amp up the creepy factor, you can punch their phone number into an internet phonebook, and read them their own address. Bonus points for doing it in a creepy voice that sounds just normal enough to be an accident.

Faith

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 02:58:00 AM »

*Laugh!!!* XD

I only ever really got one prank call. I talked to them a bit, but I was busy talking to someone else when they'd called, so I sent them to my sister. I thought she might be amused.   :P

If I am ever again prank called, I will remember that, Blood.   ;D

Fox

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, 11:37:00 AM »

We've done a few soundboards, which was pretty fun. I love it when people don't know who Pee Wee, or Dr. Phil are. Calling a hotel in Russia, asking for Anastasia Romanov was fun, too.

Then there were the few times, where I just made my evil angry cat growl at people. THAT was some fun reactions.

bloodreaper

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 12:16:00 PM »

I spent the last 48 hours frantically scribbling preliminary design docs for a game that ... isn't the one I'm supposed to be working on.

The idea came to me suddenly and possessed me instantly and almost completely. I've had flashes of inspiration before, but nothing on this level. My entire mind was obsessed with this project, and nothing could distract me from it.

It was kind of scary, actually.

Anyway, I'm back now, doing things that I put off for that project. It felt so good to produce so much, and work so hard, that I'm doing some coding tutorial that I've been putting off.

If I want to go pro, I need to broaden my skillset and refine my core competencies.

Right now, I'm waiting for the bloody video tutorials to buffer. If it isn't done yet, I think I shall put some laundry in.

Faith

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 04:38:00 PM »

I've had sudden inspiration bursts like that...
They are very odd. Heh. But sort of fun.

Will we be seeing any of that project you are working on?   :)

Dragyn

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 01:19:00 AM »

Well, if all goes well, it will likely be a project to follow SW, if something else doesn't make itself more convenient.

But SW should come first.

Feels like I'm forgetting something, here, though...

Faith

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 08:59:00 PM »

Heh.   :)

This is kinda random...
But... XD

If any of you could help me find information on a certain vehicle, it would be greatly appreciated. '=D

It's an International 1961 Travelette. I personally think it's a nice little four-door crew cab. It was painted yellow with this on the side in green letters:
VOL. FIRE DEPT.
SFD

I want to know what it might be worth, some history... et cetera. Any interesting little fact is awesome. But I don't really have the time to do hardly anything on the computer, anymore... and this is turning out to be a somewhat long search.

I'd totally understand if you couldn't do this, though. Heh. We're all busy. XD

This 1966 looks quite similar... albiet in much better condition.   :P  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mrWlgUdcLg&feature=related

bloodreaper

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2010, 06:16:00 PM »

Where and how did you come across this vehicle, that you want to learn more about it? Should I confine my search to the area around your home town?

The SFD tag could actually mean more than one thing.

It could be an acronym for the place it's from. Unfortunately lot's of fire departments and fire districts have the acronym SFD, from Scandinavia, Wisconsin to Sedona, Washington.

It could also simply mean that this engine belonged to the Structure Fire Department, of the local volunteer fire department. This is even less useful for tracking down it's history, but would mean that it's probably in better shape. Wildland engines have a considerably shorter lifespan, and a volunteer department might have used a pickup sized engine for either purpose (or even both).

Is there a cross-shaped crest anywhere on the vehicle? A lot of patches change over time, or are simply too generic to be identifiable, but it would be a good lead.

Did trucks in the early sixties have VINs? A Vehicle Identification Number can be searched in a lot of different places, to find out where this vehicle has traveled over the years, and what kind of damage has been repaired. Handy, if you're a buyer or seller.

Faith

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2010, 07:26:00 AM »

I'll take another look, when I get back home... heh.
I don't recall the digits, but there were numbers I didn't put down... (I think I was in a hurry...)

Thank you very much for the information. ^-^
I don't really know more on the history, though I'm sure my parents might know a bit more. We got this truck when I was quite young. And I don't believe that there is any such crest.
Though I'll take another look when I get home for any identifying details.
Pages: [1]   Go Up