Canon Fodder

• May 02, 2024, 10:20:47 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fun with automated translation  (Read 4106 times)

bloodreaper

Fun with automated translation
« on: April 09, 2010, 09:06:00 AM »

It's my day off and I'm engaging in some unmitigated sillyness.

You can join in in you want.

First, you'll need some text.

The Seventh Sanctum is always a great place to get plain text with varying degrees of actual meaning. Character and item description genreators usually deliver longer paragraphs with more descriptive words.

Second, you'll need a multi-translator.

I'm using Taishan's Lost in Translation and Translationparty.com, on each piece, in that order. This produces text that bears very little relation to the original.

Finally, post your best before and after texts in this thread, for the gratification and amusement of others.

I'd post some of mine, but Taishan seems to have just gone down. Lame.

Faith

Re: Fun with autamated translation
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 03:12:00 PM »

*Laugh!!!*   :D

I couldn't get that one site to work, either.   :P
So I used Babelfish. XD

My sister is running around the house pinching herself with a chip clip and screaming, "Why do I hurt myself!?!"
My sister walks around the house which grips with a vice of and, "shout; Why me? wounded!"
That made me laugh.   :P

bloodreaper

Re: Fun with autamated translation
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 04:25:00 PM »

Taishan's program just runs your entry through babelfish five times, in different random languages. You should be able to achieve the same effect, manually.

I took something I got out of the Martial Arts School Generator at SS:

The Noble Lion Way. This warrior's way is very well-known and taught all over. This martial technique has a well-documented reputation for philosophy, and places an additional emphasis on hunting skills. This warrior's way is known for the "Offensive Punch".

It spat out :

Nobururaionuei. As a warrior, the world spoke very well known. This general philosophy of technology, the reputation of the center, add a record hunting skills. Warriors known how this "offensive punch."

and added the assessment, "That's deep, man."

Weird.
Pages: [1]   Go Up