General Discussion > Arts

New Avi Thread

(1/6) > >>

Felblood:
New, more animated avatar!

Testing:

Yes!

I don't know why it runs so fast, it didn't before I uploaded it.

Dragyn:
Hmm...I couldn't say for sure, but I suspect whatever site you're uploading to sets all frames to be the same length. 

Also:  You might want to edit your profile so it isn't stretching the image vertically, but that's up to you.

Faith:
Heh. :D

That is pretty awesome... XD
(Even if something is making it run fast or it slightly vertically stretched in your avatar. :P )
That's coming a long way from the sprite you shared in the old forum.
I guess all of the recent sprite-making has paid off. ;)

Felblood:
I've developed a new method for sketching that is much faster and yields much smoother animations.

Plus, having all the previous sketches made these sketches go a lot faster.

Now comes the really tricky part. The stage 3 sketches is where I have to start mimicking DW's style of color, and shading.

Also, he looks so good stretched that I'm thinking about shortening his arms like that in the regular version.

EDIT:

I thought I knew how to do this, but apparently this board is different. How do I resize the image in my avatar?

Tvorsk:
Actually, it's a matter of configuration.
There are three options the forum can do in case of an externally-linked-by-URL avatar (as opposed to uploaded one).
Check the dimensions and reject if it's too large, use Javascript to check the dimensions and resize proportionally on-page if it's too large (caveat: if your browser has disabled Javascript and someone links to a over_9000 x over_9000 avatar it will be shown in full size screwing up the whole layout), or blindly stretch/bend all linked images to specified size via HTML.
(Admin -> Attachments and Avatars -> Avatar Settings -> If the avatar is too large)
Currently, this last option is active, but I'll risk Dragyn's wrath and switch it to "check size and refuse" - after all, your is of proper dimesions, 100x49, and forum's limit is 100x100.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version