Canon Fodder

• May 02, 2024, 02:38:43 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

REGISTRATION DISABLED due to spam. Please contact staff via email or IM.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Beastling Plushies!  (Read 15056 times)

Faith

Re: Beastling Plushies!
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2007, 08:54:00 PM »

Heh... well, that's interesting.

What did you make plushies of, before, anyway?

Gryphor

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2008, 02:31:00 PM »

I want a breifcase sized one and the big one, I would use the big one as a pillow or something.

Faith

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2008, 07:10:00 PM »

Heh.   ;D

Me too, but that'd be very expensive.

Ya' know... I don't know when these things are going to get finished...

So, what would the prices be, abouts?
(Just roughly.)

Dragyn

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2008, 08:02:00 AM »

I 'spose I'd have to talk to VE to figure out if he's even working on them.  I know he's been pretty busy of late, so I don't know.

Gryphor

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2008, 10:23:00 AM »

new job, new kid , and everything else

and he is taking me to silverwood tomorrow

Fox

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2008, 04:22:00 PM »

I've yet to make any. :< I was planning on making a Beastling plushie....since before this thread started. XD I just never got around to getting the stuff. (I made a turret, Ripper Roo, and Tiny, which I've yet to finish..but no Beastling)

Heck, since I have so much leftover black material, I might just try Ramjik, for now. >_>

Faith

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2008, 06:44:00 PM »

*Laugh!!!*   :D

I... thought about trying...
But I didn't know about it...
It's been one of those, "If I find the time, maybe." things.

Either way... I now wonder about making my own...
But I know I'd not be very capable of making much as well as I bet Fox or Village Elder would...

Well, Ramjik is a good character.   ;D

I take it that plushie-making is one of your hobbies, Fox?   :)
You create quite a collection of them.

Fox

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2008, 08:59:00 PM »

I just love plushies, and there are so many that just haven't been made. (like Ripper Roo and the Portal turret) I've made 4 plushies, though one(Tiny) isn't finished, yet. I need red & green material for his lion cloth and tennis shoes.

My plushie collection in total, though? Over 500. =3

Faith

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2008, 10:05:00 PM »

*Laugh!!!*   :D

I've no clue who Tiny is...
But your collection is quite impressive.   ;D

Do you hand-sew your plushies?
Or use a sewing machine?

I am really rather curious of which method Village Elder will use to make Dragyn's charcter's hair... what would you suggest, Dragyn?

What do you think you'd do, Fox?

Gryphor

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2008, 08:10:00 PM »

I think i would use some sort of fake hair and spike it

Fox

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2008, 07:52:00 AM »

For Beastling? Faux fur, and shape it in his hairstyle. As for the others, I'd likely do the same as Gryphor. It really depends on how complex the hairstyle is.

I hand-sew mine, 'cause my sewing machine broke. I have jittery hands, anyway..so it's all good. :3

Dragyn

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2008, 07:16:00 AM »

I dunno' what VE would do.  If I were to try, I'd probably stuff his hair, like any other part of a plushie, but that's probably just me.

Faith

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2008, 08:54:00 PM »

I thought of both ways, and the stuffing hair thing might work....but might also look really awkward from the wrong angles, and be hard to manage. But the same sort of stuff could happen with the other stuff, so. *Shrugs*
Spikey hair... it looks like it's just messy, but in reality, I guess it's a hard thing to master...

Maybe if you took a little Elmer's glue, watered it down, and only spiked the ends of really long bunches of faux fur with it. Or the other idea could work, if it was cut right... ... ...
I think this is one of those things that should be tested, before-hand, else we'll have bald Beastlings.   :P

Heh. Then that's a good reason to handsew. I do 'cuz, well, I've never used a sewing machine before, for multiple reasons. (Access, don't know how...)

Fox

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2008, 10:23:00 AM »

Heh..I meant faux fur material, stuffed. Sorry..I kinda wasn't very specific, there. I thought about suede, too..but when I used it on Ninja-Fox..it just got everywhere. Hobby Lobby has some faux fur that's very short, but still very...um...fur-like.

My Norbert beanie just has his hair stuffed, and anybody who knows Angry Beavers should be familiar with his hairstyle. There again, I've seen other Norberts with fake hair, no stuffing. They just look like some freak hybrid of a beaver & lion. So, personally, I think the best method is stuffing. I just chose to use faux fur 'cause I like it. :3
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up